The Chateau Diaries #102 Happy Loo Year, Fanny! The Bleu Loogoon Ain’t Finished Yet!”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I am gong to REPORT all of you tattlers. ALL the interesting stuff happens here when I have to wind down for the day, tidy up, and do the "chores" , close the laptop, and get ready for bed. NOT FAIR !!! 😭 This forum is more addictive than watching the chateau volgs and screaming at the screen. So glad and happy I found this forum. Lots of laughs. thanks everyone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I dowt it, they're friends right?

they are both artistic in their own ways

Ok dont hate me, I kind of love it!

Yeah, me too. I like the moodiness of it. I think Stephanie looks great . Curtis made sure of that. His photos are really good. Isn't it every girls dream (who dreamed of fairy tales) to be photographed in a beautiful dress with a castle as her background?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Whom styled it better ??

520121FB-6D5A-49C1-8DFE-62014DF06AE6.jpeg
E6ADB986-5A69-4841-A8C5-7BB4DD9D10B2.jpeg

Whom wore it better
A3B7A792-7042-42AF-9192-4C72D0352E9B.jpeg
1A96738D-6BA7-4E6C-8B20-DEC381AF775C.jpeg

Curtis that’s just naughty 👿
951CB57F-84D6-4A40-84D3-672F30122AD3.jpeg

Best we let them have the last word

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Yeah, me too. I like the moodiness of it. I think Stephanie looks great . Curtis made sure of that. His photos are really good. Isn't it every girls dream (who dreamed of fairy tales) to be photographed in a beautiful dress with a castle as her background?
so true. I never dreamed of it, but some do

Reactions: 4
I knew that yellow dress reminded me of something. Curtis thanks for clearing it up. Its the yellow plastic around the insulation.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I vaguely remember something about this...is it confirmed she created a charity for the Patreon money to go into? Then those funds that go there would definitely need to be accounted for.
I do think Patreon by itself , a YouTuber can use it however they want in the end . It's definitely a weird system. So many of them have it and do much less on their videos. Stephanie does provide content that requires expenses, it may not be exactly what many of us would prefer to see, but if it's just Patreon, and not a charity,then yeah, it's up to her.

Most YouTubers follow which videos get the most views and stick to the same types of videos... Supply and demand . Id bet her travel videos do get more views?
FYI This has been extendedly discussed in previous threads, not hard to find using the correct search words. Short story: patron money, but not all, goes into a restoration account, money she can only use to restore something with at the shittoo. Since this is a non profit organization, she does not have to pay tax over it. Some patron money is used to pay Dan, Kirsty, Amaury, Ian the Builder, Squirrel CamelPants, Selmar and perhaps Davy with. I believe Nutty also, which doesn't make sense because she does nothing for the non-profit; she works for the b&b and the gift grab channel. She should be paid from the YouTube ad revenue, as I believe should Squirrel CamelPants, Mary Poppins and the boy that helps cleaning. It's a complete mess that she said was going to be transparent about, but never is.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
This may have been answered before and I missed it...but as I was venting to my son today about how this $30,000/mo. doesn't seem to be financing much renovation, he said that if it is coming through Patreon it is considered a "donation" and Stephanie does not have to legally justify how she chooses to spend it, even if she promised her patrons it would be spent on certain things it would not be fraud for her to spend it all on dishes, clothes and travel if she wanted. He's only 20 (so, of course, he knows everything!), but can that possibly be true??!
That's what I've been saying since the beginning of this farce of Patreon / non profit organisation.
She can spend the money the way she wants... legally.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
i have the feeling Nic thought he, together with mummy.. had some kind of controle over her, but now the situation is different....the big bucks come in and she is ruiining the place..i think he is afraid when this all stops suddenly.. the place will be ruiined..and that she ,nor mummy is putting own money in to fix the heap..and he is left with his investment gone up in smoke..

It would be very interessting to see what kind of contract they had made up..in case someone dies or needs the investmentmoney back..
Whom styled it better ??

View attachment 960739View attachment 960748

Whom wore it better View attachment 960751View attachment 960752

Curtis that’s just naughty 👿 View attachment 960741

Best we let them have the last word
View attachment 960740
I
“Peacock feathers are thought to be unlucky…having peacock feathers in the house is thought to both bring bad luck and doom any unmarried women living in that house to spinsterhood.” 😆

View attachment 960801
I thought Curtis did a great job and I liked the dark, moodiness of his video and pictures. I thought the quality of the photography was very good, but my overwhelming reaction is that Curtis captured a sadness in Stephameme throughout most of the shots. When I saw this first picture with the peacock feather my initial thought is that she looks sad and tired. The eyes don't lie.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I daresay she's not living up to her means then, living in a modern yet basic outbuilding of a chateau that needs renovation. Indulging the Pethericks dream of owning a money pit I guess
That's because her family was the funders of the original company. The family still owns the company.

It's a vast family now and my understanding is that every member gets some shares.

Not a big fortune but enough to be more than comfortable.

Reactions: 18
That's what I've been saying since the beginning of this farce of Patreon / non profit organisation.
She can spend the money the way she wants... legally.
I agree that normally Patreon money is free to spend however the creator wants but Stefanny's Patreon page says that donators become members of the non-profit. She has also said that all the money from Patreon goes to the association. By doing that, she made herself accountable for how the money is spent.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I KNOW I saw someone else make a list of SJ's travels during this past year, and I have searched and I'm just not finding it, just a post in Octoberish from Mojo saying it was 11 trips, so I went through her vlog titles and found these trips, the date is the date it was posted on the vlog. Her travel is, for me, mostly an irritation due to COVID related stuff. But I would be super interested in figuring out about how much all this travel cost. Anyone want to give it some thought?

2021 Travels
1. January 26 – visited Le Fleur, Normandy
2. March 14 – visited Marc & Amy and toured Marc’s family’s chateau (not Rosieres)
3. March 25 – went to Dordogne
4. May 23 - visited Edd & Anna @ Chateau Lagorce, Bordeaux
5. June 6 – Visited Sarah & George @ Chateau de Brives
6. July 18 – wine tasting with Edd & Anna in St. Emilion, Bordeaux
7. June 20 – visited Amaury @ Castle Ten Berghe,
8. July 4 – Visited Tim & Rebecca @ Chateau de la Ruche
9. August 1 – Antiques fair in Le Mans (with George & Sarah)
10. August - Tuscany, Italy
11. August/September – Barbados/ NYC/Versailles/Paris
12. October 25 - London, gift opening with Cat on her birthday
13. November – Belgium (to see Nick & Marie right before Dutch Boyfriend Reveal on Nov 10)
14. November 11 – Paris with MPethrick
15. November 13-20 - London with Dan

?15. (I think there was another London trip in the fall before the one with Dan ???)
Found it! Her other trip to London was on GAG. October 25 opened gifts with Cat

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
By doing that, she made herself accountable for how the money is spent.
What does that mean exactly though? Whatever she deems it to mean? She seems to have moved away from discussing how the money is spent. Edit to add - I realize she has to deal with the tax man but Patrons are never going to know the details of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
“Peacock feathers are thought to be unlucky…having peacock feathers in the house is thought to both bring bad luck and doom any unmarried women living in that house to spinsterhood.” 😆

View attachment 960801
We believe otherwise. peacocks bring wealth. that is why many rich stately homes have them.
Where the bad luck comes in, is you are not supposed to have their feathers in the home. Besides bringing bad personal luck, it can lead to burst radiators, woodworm and rodent infestation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Gwen is loaded indeed. Not sure how many there are to split the family fortune but there's plenty to share. Lesaffre group is not only the world's largest yeast manufacturer but it has other food industry, health care and biotech businesses as well. The group has operations in 50 countries with over 10000 employees and distributes it's products in 185 countries and has an annual turnover of over 2 billion euros.

I have a great idea to increase company profits further, (sounds like they need all the help / ideas they can get worldwide!) special edition yeasts grown and cultivated in the damp chateau basement kitchen to give producers an authentic French flavour to their, bread, beer or perhaps it could be revolutionary in the biotech game and we could all run our cars on it, go on Billy give it a try in your cherry picker and range rover, you make something of yourself and your family proud for a change.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I KNOW I saw someone else make a list of SJ's travels during this past year, and I have searched and I'm just not finding it, just a post in Octoberish from Mojo saying it was 11 trips, so I went through her vlog titles and found these trips, the date is the date it was posted on the vlog. Her travel is, for me, mostly an irritation due to COVID related stuff. But I would be super interested in figuring out about how much all this travel cost. Anyone want to give it some thought?

2021 Travels
1. January 26 – visited Le Fleur, Normandy
2. March 14 – visited Marc & Amy and toured Marc’s family’s chateau (not Rosieres)
3. March 25 – went to Dordogne
4. May 23 - visited Edd & Anna @ Chateau Lagorce, Bordeaux
5. June 6 – Visited Sarah & George @ Chateau de Brives
6. July 18 – wine tasting with Edd & Anna in St. Emilion, Bordeaux
7. June 20 – visited Amaury @ Castle Ten Berghe,
8. July 4 – Visited Tim & Rebecca @ Chateau de la Ruche
9. August 1 – Antiques fair in Le Mans (with George & Sarah)
10. August - Tuscany, Italy
11. August/September – Barbados/ NYC/Versailles/Paris
12. November – Belgium (to see Nick & Marie right before Dutch Boyfriend Reveal on Nov 10)
13. November 11 – Paris with MPethrick
14. November 13-20 - London with Dan

?15. (I think there was another London trip in the fall before the one with Dan ???)
2a. She stayed at the B&B Domaine de Chalaniat with Philip on her way to (or from) Amy & Marc.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
What does that mean exactly though? Whatever she deems it to mean? She seems to have moved away from discussing how the money is spent. Edit to add - I realize she has to deal with the tax man but Patrons are never going to know the details of that.
Stefanny has given the impression that all Patreon money goes to the association. She has kept her earnings on Patreon public and the association is reguired to publish its accounts annually. I believe the first annual report is due in about a month since the association was created in January 2020. Then we will see how much money really goes to non-profit endeavours, how much of that is spent and what is left. As members of the association, Patreons have every right to question exactly how their membership fees are being spent.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.