The Beckhams #9 Vicky broke her ankle, 'Look how sexy David is' No Thank You!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is completely normal for 12 year olds. I turned 12 right before I went to secondary school and some people in my year would’ve been 11 when starting and turning 12 during the first year of high school. This is when you start experimenting with hair and nails and make up. I definitely had highlights, wore terrible make up and had acrylic nails for the first time at this age as did the majority of my peers. This was 20 years ago now too and kids are even more into this stuff these days.
Okay well I wouldn’t let an11/12 year old have dyed hair and acrylic nails but each to their own. I would maybe allow painted nails and playing with makeup at home.

Reactions: 12
Mine is 12 and whilst I wouldn’t let her dye her hair or have acrylic nails, I allow her to wear a little bit of light makeup and a subtle nail varnish.

Reactions: 6
Maybe there is a distinction where money is involved because I don't think nails, hair dye or make up are unusual for Harper's age. All of my siblings and I went to private schools. My youngest brother is a year older than Harper and most of the girls he hangs out with are on Instagram looking like they're searching for a husband (the boys are the opposite, they are like toddlers in designer t shirts). It wasn't much different when I was that age. These rich parents are busy, they want easy lives.

Reactions: 10
Maybe there is a distinction where money is involved because I don't think nails, hair dye or make up are unusual for Harper's age. All of my siblings and I went to private schools. My youngest brother is a year older than Harper and most of the girls he hangs out with are on Instagram looking like they're searching for a husband (the boys are the opposite, they are like toddlers in designer t shirts). It wasn't much different when I was that age. These rich parents are busy, they want easy lives.
I think it depends on the type of private school. My kids go to an international school that is very mixed in regards to the parent body (not as expensive as the UK) and the kids are very grungy, bohemian vibes (which I like) the girls are still very young looking at 12 and not an acrylic nail in sight!

Reactions: 4
Okay well I wouldn’t let an11/12 year old have dyed hair and acrylic nails but each to their own. I would maybe allow painted nails and playing with makeup at home.
Fair enough, but it was definitely normal for all of us back then. Independent school with 240 in the year group, so on average 120 girls and I’d say at least 75% of us had highlights and acrylics (and fake tan 🤢) as it was the style in the early 2000s. I don’t have kids of my own now and my friends kids are still < 8 years old so couldn’t really say what’s normal for our area just now.

Reactions: 3
Dorklyn latest ‘cooking’ video. Short beef ragu…. He’s so dim, he hardly explains anything…just keeps saying ‘of course more avocado oil’. Then eats with a plastic fork …why? He literally has no personality at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Is there not a thread for people discussing what make up/nails is acceptable for a twelve year old

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m reading a dystopian future novel at the moment and whilst most of it is unthinkable the bit when they mention an influencer wearing a bikini by Harper Beckham was believable.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
At my private school my gang all had horrific Sun In hair 😂 fake nails weren't a big thing in the olden days. A bit of makeup for parties and nail polish at the weekends was normal at 12.

At 12 lots of girls (and some boys) take an interest in fashion and beauty.
Imagine your mother had the top nail techs etc on speed dial and her own freaking makeup and fashion line!!!
Of course you will pester her to get them done 💅🏻.

Also I think how you see David and Harper is down to your own perceptions and childhood. My father was definitely hands off and cold.
I would have loved it if he was tactile and doting as David appears to be.
Ps can’t stand David. He is cold to Victoria and a rat!

Reactions: 13
Oh gosh, the dreaded sun in that kept on bleaching your hair for months after you sprayed it in. I'm brunette and mine went a very fetching shade of orange on the ends, had to have about 6" cut off and the hairdresser went mad at me. Said I may as well have dipped my hair in neat bleach. I banned my girls from using it.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
No this is a beckhams thread
Harper is a Beckham and we're discussing her even if it goes ever so slightly off topic.
---
At my private school my gang all had horrific Sun In hair 😂 fake nails weren't a big thing in the olden days. A bit of makeup for parties and nail polish at the weekends was normal at 12.

At 12 lots of girls (and some boys) take an interest in fashion and beauty.
Imagine your mother had the top nail techs etc on speed dial and her own freaking makeup and fashion line!!!
Of course you will pester her to get them done 💅🏻.

Also I think how you see David and Harper is down to your own perceptions and childhood. My father was definitely hands off and cold.
I would have loved it if he was tactile and doting as David appears to be.
Ps can’t stand David. He is cold to Victoria and a rat!
A bit of make up and nail varnish for parties is where I'd expect Harper to be at now with the acrylic nails coming later in her teens. If David was as doting to Victoria I wouldn't find his behaviour with Harper so strange though it may all be an attention grab.
I'm not saying he's a full on pweirdo I just find it a bit creepy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
It’s with every photo he has to be kissing, hugging, touching Harper. I’m sorry but I think it’s bleeping weird and creepy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
It’s with every photo he has to be kissing, hugging, touching Harper. I’m sorry but I think it’s bleeping weird and creepy.
The one of him hugging her in the water when they’re both clearly wet and wearing only swim wear and the lady and the woman spaghetti kiss weirded me out. If my dad had tried to hold my hand, with intertwined fingers in public at age 12 I would have died of embarrassment.

Reactions: 19
I think it depends on the type of private school. My kids go to an international school that is very mixed in regards to the parent body (not as expensive as the UK) and the kids are very grungy, bohemian vibes (which I like) the girls are still very young looking at 12 and not an acrylic nail in sight!
Mine went to a British private school, absolutely no make up allowed and only clear nail varnish from year nine upwards. I think Harper is nearly 13? So personally a few highlight’s and painted nails I’d be okay with. Some of the dresses she has worn I really havent liked.

Reactions: 7
I’m oldy but when I was young at 14,I got up went to kitchen mum said to me ‘you’ve got blood on your pajamas,I said oh have I just started mum? She said yes,mum never ever talked about that,I said mum please don’t mention it to dad.That’s how we was told back then,so private.So only wanted mum to know not dad.
Years have gone on now.So different.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Are they short of cash? He’s just popped up on an ad for a game/app thing called Coin Master. wtf.

• Haha
Reactions: 4