The Beatles

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Theirs going to be four films about each one of The Beatles!

There were lots of jokes on social media about how Ringo’s will have the lowest ticket sales, but I could see the Ringo film picking up a kind of “he’s just Ken“ momentum and being a surprise hit.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Thanks to the Eggpod (really really very good podcast) I'm digging into The Beatles First US visit documentary from 1991, watching that in bursts then listening to the relevant eggpod bit is really interesting and satisfying. Yes I am a Beatles 🤓 but I try to keep on a lid on it when out in the wild!

Reactions: 6

There were lots of jokes on social media about how Ringo’s will have the lowest ticket sales, but I could see the Ringo film picking up a kind of “he’s just Ken“ momentum and being a surprise hit.
Exciting news but given the films are being approved by the various estates my concern is that they will be a sanitised version of events rather than a deep dive.

That said, it's an interesting concept to look at what happened from their very different points of view.

Last edited:

He is very loved in the US, its the UK that seem to have gone off him.

Reactions: 2
I'm quite fond of Ringo but I think he criticised his upbringing in Liverpool at one point which is why he isn't so popular there these days. He grew up in the Dingle which was incredibly impoverished at the time, iirc that was the context for his criticism. His father walked out on him leaving his poor mum to cope alone. And Ringo was so ill as a child, more than once his mum was warned he might not make it. He didn't have it easy and it's fair enough to say, if you came from a shite hole, that you didn't like it. I grew up in a shithole and I wouldn't hesitate to criticise it. Of course there might be more to it than that, I can't remember now. Also, it's interesting that Ringo's maternal great grandfather came Shetland. The Beatles we mostly of Irish heritage although John also had Scottish relatives.

Anyone else listening to the McCartney A Life in Lyrics podcast? The most recent episode for The End kept making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, I've really enjoyed the 2 series and there has been some actual new bits of info I think

Reactions: 1
What does anyone think of the new James McCartney single, written by Sean Lennon? It's alright but he sounds so much like his dad which threw me.
Also, the Let It Be film is finally getting an official release since 1970. I read that people who saw it at the time got up and clapped in the cinema at the end of the film.

Reactions: 5
What does anyone think of the new James McCartney single, written by Sean Lennon? It's alright but he sounds so much like his dad which threw me.
Also, the Let It Be film is finally getting an official release since 1970. I read that people who saw it at the time got up and clapped in the cinema at the end of the film.

ooooh i'[ve not heard it, thats passed me by, I'll look it up thanks!

Actually not bad at all.. I think lyrics and composition are ok!! I actually came on to ask the same question!!