Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SheMyBestie

I was devastated when I learnt Morven was leaving. Definitely wasn’t the same without Lisa this series. However, I’ve binged all six episodes and I’ve really warmed to the new lead. Can we all take a minute to appreciate her boyfriend. 😍

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

Asgyui

VIP Member
I put my comments under a spoiler in case anyone hadn't seen it ... which is a common courtesy in a lot of TV threads as posters here are from right around the world and will no doubt watch things at different times.

Not sure why you directed your comment at me anyway?
---
I wasn't referring to spoiler you had put, i was conscious there had been talk of series 2 ending, series 3 and most recent 4 on this thread with no spoiler markers, i didn't want anything ruined for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
He didn't speak in the first episode just signed. Did not know if was offensive to use the term d and d and we always referred to people as so - my Grandfather always used this of himself.
But surely that’s mute rather than dumb? I think in 2022 we’re past calling people with disabilities dumb, in your Grandfather’s day that was probably what he was told his condition was but we’ve come a long way since then.

Reactions: 4

rivermonster

VIP Member
Great discussion about it on Digital Spy (wash my mouth out with soap) re the age of the deaf and dumb brother who is in sixth form. He looks old enough to be the school headmaster - have a look. In real life the actor is 25 playing a 16 year old who looks about 45. :D
First episode with new characters and thought it was OK.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
Do you remember the lead actor being in Playing the Field back in the 90s or a bit later. I was sure I recognised her.

Reactions: 3

Pamellla

First episode was on ITV last night, we watched the first series and enjoyed that and I have a feeling this one will be good! Anyone else watching...

RosePetals

Chatty Member
Watched the second series and didn't really understand what was happening or who was who. Felt like a bit of a waste of time but maybe I should have just paid more attention :unsure:

• Haha

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
Great discussion about it on Digital Spy (wash my mouth out with soap) re the age of the deaf and dumb brother who is in sixth form. He looks old enough to be the school headmaster - have a look. In real life the actor is 25 playing a 16 year old who looks about 45. :D
First episode with new characters and thought it was OK.
Lol. I went on there too to see what people were saying. Probably the most obvious miscast I've ever seen. It's too obvious he's an older man to play a with former. His acting was fine though.

* sixth

Disneylover

VIP Member
Just finished the latest series, enjoyed it. I hope they do another one. Joe Armstrong is getting fitter with age 😉😂

Leo100

VIP Member
I put my comments under a spoiler in case anyone hadn't seen it ... which is a common courtesy in a lot of TV threads as posters here are from right around the world and will no doubt watch things at different times.

Not sure why you directed your comment at me anyway?
---
I'm up to S4 now.

Re. casting: I would've preferred for Lisa to stay on with the new lady - they should've gotten rid of the brunette woman whose character isn't that interesting in my opinion. So pleased to see I was wrong about the boss guy.
---

Who knows - perhaps people lost interest in it?
They were being courteous also as they thought you may not realise that there were newer series and was giving you heads up about spoilers. Also if I haven't seen a show thats fairly old then I will avoid the thread until I've caught up as I don't expect people to spoiler pretty much every single comment when wanting to discuss just incase people haven't seen it

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I’ve just rewound the last 15 minutes 4 times to see if I missed anything...no they really did just end it like that! It just felt a bit rushed and not a very satisfying ending for me.
Completely agree, really disappointing! As I say, I thought the storyline of the second was better than the first but it was a total anti-climax

Bellamerrell

VIP Member
I've binged series 2 on ITV Hub and think it was better than the first series and hopefully they've left it open for another series. Anyone else watching?

Asgyui

VIP Member
I don't trust the police guy who was wearing a leather jacket and made a snide comment to Lisa. I briefly remember him from last series but i dont think he had much of a role

I did prefer this series to the first one though
I'm not sure what was supposed to be going on with the DI though, was he an alcoholic and sleeping in the office, I cant remember much of his personal life featured in the first series
'

Last edited:

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
We wondered the same, I don’t think there was any talk of him being an alcoholic - in fact, I don’t think they mentioned his personal life much at all, so it was a bit random. He was a convincing drunk though!

I preferred the second series to the first, but the last episode was disappointing imo.

I prefer being able to binge watch because we never see anything real time - we only watched series 1 a couple of weeks ago - so you get used to not having to wait a week between episodes!

Reactions: 2