Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Topaz

Chatty Member
So is Tracey Archie’s sister? Cause she admits he’s brain dead. I’m not being rude but how does she think he‘s going to come back from that?

Hollie might say she knows best but actually in a medical sense she does not. What happened to Archie Is tragic but so is this circus she is creating.
She might be related to Archie's half-siblings, Tom and Lauren, they both have the surname Summers.

Reactions: 1

Cack Conroe

Chatty Member
Cack, BiB - do you really think the hospital will be “happy” when Archie passes? Genuine question.
I don’t see how this is a genuine question tbh. Obviously no one is “happy” at the death of a child but the hospital have wanted him out of there since April when it was obvious things were hopeless.

Maybe pleased would be a better word. Archie’s body dying of its own accord is the best outcome for everyone and what the family want (barring a miracle). The family want an unplanned death, the hospital want to stop treatment and resources freed up, and everyone wants to stop going to court.

So letting them have the rabbit is a win win. No need to worry about harming Archie and indeed it’s a benefit if his death is speeded along, while the family get the comfort of having the rabbit there.

Reactions: 1

Kellyg

VIP Member
How can she blame the trolls for him having a heart attack? Clearly the amount of stress and pressure he is under due to the ongoing court battles and situation with his Son is the reason for his stress not because of online trolls.
Has she researched if he's having a heart attack at all? I expect the doctors r lieing or generally don't know what's wrong luckily they have doctor hollie to ask

Cack_Conroe

The declaration of death wasn't overturned; the appeal was allowed on the basis that they felt Archie's own wishes had not been given sufficient weight. It wasn't because of an error in declaring him legally dead. As far as I have read, the fact that two judges ruled him to be dead still stands and his medical situation has not changed in any way, i.e., brain stem necrotizing and apparently dropped to his lumbar (lower back) region. No electrical activity in the brain, no blood flow. And by refusing leave to appeal further, Hayden's ruling was just upheld as well.
No, it was found to be legally wrong to declare someone dead in this way. Legally he is still alive and all court proceedings are as if he is still alive.

Merpedy

VIP Member
I’m no fan of HD or even DFA but you’ve literally just done what you are criticising them for.
ETA and youve shared it to a publicly visible forum, the screen shot you’ve got is the DFA private group…
I would have just referred to the screenshot as being on another forum in that case as I'm not actually in the Facebook group. Doesn't change anything as people would have just gone to that forum

margaretta

VIP Member
Hello
been following this thread and case since the start.

I hope this means Archie can finally be laid to rest. It is a tragic situation which should have been over weeks ago.

One thing i wonder is what long term impact this case is going to have.
I am not for a minute questioning the dedication or competence of any medical staff, nor do I think they will deny their oath to aim to preserve life.

However, if they find themselves in a similar situation where they believe the child is brain dead, they would let them slip away rather than be kept in this limbo with the risk the family will go through a continuous legal process to delay the inevitable.

karmadrama

Sorry if this has been discussed, I’m struggling to keep up with the threads, but has it been confirmed whether Paul actually had a heart attack/stroke? He was allowed out of hospital pretty quickly if so.

Kav

Someone on the FB DFA page posted that if people thought that page was full of trolls, they should read Tattle.

How very rude of them. I've found these threads to be really interesting from both medical and legal points of view.
I wonder how many will head over here now, desperate to find someone or something to be angry at.

I have said it a few times that some of the posts here have been really nasty and uncalled for.

but this last week as been worse with many new members joining and I can only think they are from DFA
What's the DFA? Scratch that one, took a moment for the coffee to kick in. Any posts in particular?

Last edited: