The Archie Battersbee case #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All these cases take forever at the moment. I know someone who just had theirs for a similar offence after two years and one of the things the judge said was that it was a disgrace it had taken so long to go to court.

Reactions: 4
Did anyone see all the balloons released by “Andy’s army” …. The poor wildlife. There are so many other ways to remember someone!!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
The latest on Crashgate according to an "insider" on the other forum.

All below is copypasta:

"The update on crashgate is that Hollie Dance and Tom summers have been rebailed. Rhys Bentley, Lauren summers boyfriend, has been released pending further enquiries. However, the good news is that the investigation is now completed and has been sent to the CPS ( crime prosecution service) for decision on charging. I know this as for the past year , a person named in this thread, has been talking to the victim. He has lost everything. His job, flat, girlfriend, car and even his beloved dog. I have seen the proof, and have listened to the victim. Apparently, Tom Summers attacked the victims friend with a baseball bat, was arrested and released. Hollie is known as teflon, as nothing ever sticks. Hopefully, this time it does the gutter woman that she is. The tide has turned in the UK , and her popularity is waining. I, and others know so much about this witch and her scumbag family and friends it would make your toes curl."

+++

"So the update on crashgate is that Hollie and Tom have been rebailed until the 3rd November. This isn't bad news as it means that the CPS are still going through the evidence which will inform their decision.

" Listening to the victim, and what actually happened , in my opinion, its unlikely that they won't be charged. For one, they were arrested at the scene. Bang to rights in my book !!!!"

I can’t remember who was driving, was it Hollie or Tom?
I'm not sure that's been made public tbh.

A woman (Hollie) was arrested on suspicion of GBH with intent while two men (Tom and Rhys) were arrested on suspicion of GBH with intent and criminal damage.

Reactions: 1
I hope justice is done and that no sympathy is shown in view of "circumstances".

Reactions: 6
As I understand it from this thread and other Social Media sites, two males in a vehicle, forced the victims car off of the road, following after a 15 mile chase from Westcliffe to Basildon. A female, who also pursued the victims car from Westcliff, drove her car into the victims car that had crashed into a tree.

A very deliberate act, hence the CPS considering a charge of GBH with Intent, a very serious charge.

Reactions: 10
Vile actions. Not quite such a paragon of virtue now. Don't think "Arch" will be able to save her from the consequences of these actions if there's any justice in the world?

Reactions: 6
Hollie in particular has been using the word "murder" again a lot in that group. She said in a comment "this murdering has to stop" and she also said "brain death didn't exist before 1976" Does she not realise that many illnesses and medical conditions weren't diagnosed at some point but that doesn't mean they weren't there the whole time. Brain death did exist before it was given a name, it just wasn't diagnosed, in fact before life support existed they will have just been called dead. Facebook really needs to put a stop to these "Army" groups.
I`ve been saying for decades the best money any Brit Government could spend would be to give every person a voucher for an Oxford English Dictionary-At least that way the thickies,like madam,would know what words like murder actually mean! bleeping morons

Reactions: 11
Just thought I would share this here. It says they had a report from a cardiologist, I’m struggling to see how they could be an expert in, and who, has found a cure for (incurable) mitochondrial disease. It also says in the article that hospital will withdraw life support, I didn’t realise she was already so poorly and had thought this was about future decisions regarding resuscitation. There’s a horrible picture of them from baby Indi’s christening day where the poor baby looks as though she has already died 😢 It’s so sad all round. These Christian groups and facebook armies have got a lot to answer for imho. It seems parents like these can’t just be left to take in and accept the fact their precious child has been dealt the shittest hand in life and been terminally ill from day one.

Reactions: 8
Just thought I would share this here. It says they had a report from a cardiologist, I’m struggling to see how they could be an expert in, and who, has found a cure for (incurable) mitochondrial disease. It also says in the article that hospital will withdraw life support, I didn’t realise she was already so poorly and had thought this was about future decisions regarding resuscitation. There’s a horrible picture of them from baby Indi’s christening day where the poor baby looks as though she has already died 😢 It’s so sad all round. These Christian groups and facebook armies have got a lot to answer for imho. It seems parents like these can’t just be left to take in and accept the fact their precious child has been dealt the shittest hand in life and been terminally ill from day one.
It's horrible enough all round ; the parents having to accept it etc - then these bloody Christian groups, trouble-makers and online armies get themselves involved . All cunts!

It's horrible enough all round ; the parents having to accept it etc - then these bloody Christian groups, trouble-makers and online armies get themselves involved . All cunts!
All the time wasted going to court, and updating the various “armies” when they could be with her. Of course these poor souls have nothing on Hollie in this respect but still, when they look back will they feel regret? 😢

Reactions: 9
All the time wasted going to court, and updating the various “armies” when they could be with her. Of course these poor souls have nothing on Hollie in this respect but still, when they look back will they feel regret? 😢
I'm sure they will in time. They will be wanting to do something..anything...to ward off the inevitable and to deny the reality of the diagnosis. Maybe it's easier for them to be actively "doing something" rather than to be at their little girl's bedside constantly which is a gruelling experience and allows no "escape", only grim reality.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm sure they will in time. They will be wanting to do something..anything...to ward off the inevitable and to deny the reality of the diagnosis. Maybe it's easier for them to be actively "doing something" rather than to be at their little girl's bedside constantly which is a gruelling experience and allows no "escape", only grim reality.
I’ve said similar before but this is what boils me. Of course they will fight with everything they’ve got to try and make it not true, but it is true. Why do the vultures in the media have to publicise their private tragedy for clicks and ad revenue. The parents will feel like they’re raising awareness or something, but they probably get false hope when the media makes a big deal of their “fight”, and Christian groups stump up for legal costs simply to further their own agenda, not because they are privy to some magical cure. It’s exploiting the parents and causes ill feeling towards the staff who want to care for them and really have their best interests at heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Exploitation of the terrified and vulnerable who are suggestible to any alternative to the truth, no matter how far fetched. Extreme reassurance-seeking by the desperate parents who are unable to consider quality of life because it's just too painful for them to confront. "Life" at any price.

Reactions: 8
The "Christian" groups who insert themselves into these families grief are hopefully bound for hell. They even featured them I that drama with Sharon Horgan, Best Interests.

Reactions: 4
I think parents feel that they have to fight for their babies’ lives in cases like these otherwise they will be seen as failing their children (which they aren’t). My mum didn’t survive cancer but it wasn’t because she didn’t fight it , she did. The whole terminology of patients and their families is winning the battle,they are survivors, they fought and won against…. There is no terminology for those who didn’t make it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Indis parents are now claiming that a hospital in Italy has offered treatment. Already seen several abusive comments aimed at the NHS on the comments on news articles about it, and they don't seem to understand that this isn't something as simple as Doctors and consultants saying "yes" to the parents transferring her.

I've also seen people bringing up the case of a young girl called Talitha, and the boy who was taken by his parents for an alternative to radiotherapy. The irony in them using these cases is that they both contradict their argument about judges never listening to the parents evidence. The problem with them using those cases is they are both very different to IGs.

Talitha sustained brain damage due to some type of blood clot/bleed on the brain. She didn't meet the criteria when they tested her for brain stem death, The UK doctors viewed her condition as having no prospect of recovering any more than what little functions remained - She had a sleep/wake eye movement cycle, and she did having a breathing reflex. They said they didn't believe she was in pain, but could not rule out that she was feeling pain due to the fact there was brain function, the result of having so little brain function could also be that she was feeling pain but unable to show it, which I think was supported by the lack of other physical reflexes.

She was also deemed to be stable in that, while treatment continued, she would likely not suffer rapid deteriorations/emergencies.

The hospital in Italy never once claimed to be able to cure her. They made several statements in their evidence to the judge that the treatment that was on offer was essentially keeping her breathing for longer incase she recovers. The UK doctors didn't argue that she could regain a small amount of brain function, their stance was that it would be minimal and that that in itself would not be in her best interests, to regain some kind of awareness of her physical condition with no way of her brain recovering enough to express that. Doctors estimated that with the medical support she would likely remain in that condition for 4/5 months, but also considered the chance of her being kept in that condition on a machine was a possibility.

The doctors did not deem it dangerous or likely to cause problems medically for her to fly.

The hospital in Italy also made several statements in their evidence, that they were absolutely not ruling out withdrawing treatment, in the exact same way as the UK doctors would have, at any time. They were only promising to explore the possibility of keeping her stable for longer, and that if their own doctors conclusions were the same as the UK doctors, she would be moved to palliative care.

Because the girl wasn't believed to be in pain, and the doctors in Italy weren't intending to do any different than the UK, the judge ruled in the parents favour, largely on the basis she was not in pain. Her parents still claim she is alive but suspiciously they never posted pictures after four/five months.

The boy who's parents took him for alternative treatment for radiotherapy for cancer treatment were also ruled in favour of, on the basis of the fact they had a plan in place and evidence to back up that their plan would cause no more harm or pain than the plan proposed by the UK doctors. It's mad how they try to use these cases whilst claiming judges never listen, when they're actual proof that if you have a reasonable plan of action, they will rule in the parents favour.

IG clearly expresses pain from her condition and from the invasive treatments being performed on her, she suffers seizures and deteriorations, and her condition is degenerative, as opposed to being injured/damaged by a single event. Even if the NHS said that the hospital in Italy has access to treatment that we don't have, that wouldn't cause any more suffering/pain and potentially improve that eventually, they can't force an airline to transport someone who suffers the kind of things IG does if flying were a risk.

Interested to find out what the treatment the Italian hospital are offering but my bet is that it's offer is firstly based on things the parents have told them that aren't true about the severity of her symptoms and conditions, and secondly won't actually be treatment for her condition that has a prospect of improving her health, it'll be to keep her on life support a bit longer like talitha.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.