The Archie Battersbee Case #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just to add to this ...

Because of this case I have sat down with my children, and age appropriately explained what has happened.
We talked about if they ever got so poorly they could never feel joy again, or an accident that meant they could only possibly live a life without any enjoyment, what would the expect us as parents to do if doctors suggested we stopped the machines from keeping their bodies alive?

I talked to them about organ donation and that if the doctors knew they would never wake up, we could let them fall asleep and their organs could then go onto save other people...

Some of the children agreed with me that the machine should be turned off and their organs donated. However my eldest is terrified of what happens after death, and agreed he would want the machine turning off, but he was anxious about the organ donation as he doesn't know what happens after death, and what happens if reincarnation is real... that led to a further discussion that we would (and they would too) prefer cremation rather than burial, so any organs would have been burnt to cinders anyway...

I also asked the question 'If you were super poorly, but someone else's organ could save your life, would you want us to accept it?'
They said 'yes'
So I asked them morally are they comfortable to accept something they themselves wouldn't give to another person if roles were reversed?'

I wasn't pushing any of them into agreeing with me, if they were adamant they wouldn't want to donate organs, or unlike Archie, if they had the chance of waking up but being in a vegetative state, would they like that opportunity to stay alive, I would certainly have listened... but I made it clear that as parents we would make a decisions under the circumstances, with their future happiness as our focus, but would always take the conversations we shared into consideration too...

It wasn't an awful conversation to have, it certainly wasn't nice thinking about such a sad scenario, but I am grateful to Archie, as because of him, I have now had a very important conversation with my children, and tackled really important subjects like organ donation.

All children trust us as parents to make the right decision when the time comes, and if possible make their organs available to help others.

These types of conversations should be Archie's legacy, removing the stigma attached to death, and allowing children to be part of the conversations- not this media circus created around his dead body by his mother.
It's a good discussion to have no matter the age. Things can be framed in an age appropriate manner. The Terri Schiavo case occurred not long after I got married and provided a good way to brooch a difficult subject with my now estranged husband. I had a similar discussion with my sister before my mom passed away two weeks ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm soo glad to see something like this. This has been agonising for me and I've sobbed and sobbed about it. Wondering if I failed my precious child because I agreed to the doctors withdrawing life support.

I feel incredibly guilty, no matter what anyone has been saying to me. I'm second guessing my decision. And if it was the right one. Honestly feeling so much pain and the moment. But can't seem to drag myself away from this case. ( partly because I want to know this little boy will soon be able to rest) even saying that breaks my heart.

In my child's last hours it was just myself and his daddy, we did hand and foot prints and casts and sang to him and brushed his hair. And laid in his bed with him until it was "time" to say our goodbyes.

My heart still breaks for Archies parents.
But this whole media thing and appeal after appeal really does have me questioning my choices. And if I really " fought" for my baby. Or if we said goodbye too soon.

It's had me up at night. Wondering if I did what this mother is doing would my son have woken up?

God this is painful on so many levels.

Poor poor Archie. 😢
Oh dear lord my heart breaks for you and all the other parents who have lost loved ones and are now doubting their decisions and are in turmoil because of this case.

To let a child go is so so hard yet it’s the deepest form of love to allow them a peaceful, gentle passing.

We show our loved ones how much we care in so many ways, protecting them from more suffering is a sign of profound love.

I’m not sure how much the words of strangers can help, but please do not let the likes of HD get to you.

There is a world of difference between you and her xx

• Heart
Reactions: 25
So tomorrow ten am it is? I really hope Archie Is surrounded by his family and it’s peaceful and there isn’t a mob outside.

Reactions: 14
Is it a requirement to have 3 loose brain cells and an inability to spell to comment on that wretched Facebook group?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Oh my god these threads have moved quicker than a wig in a hurricane.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
So the Daily Mail must have been the highest bidders

Where’s the 6 month timeline come from? Has she read something that miraculously after that time he’ll get up as if nothings happened?

Reactions: 6
I thought she had not a good word to say about any of them, but perhaps for a few quid will try

. ‘I do get some sleep,’ she says. ‘Some days are better than others. When one of my favourite nurses is in I find it easier to sleep, but when they’re not, I wake up every 40 minutes checking the machines.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
£5 she’s out front for a photo shoot and interviews by 11am.
I bet she’s trying now but I bet even the papers wouldn’t want to be seen encouraging that.
Thoughts are with all the medical staff and professionals over the years who’ve worked with Archie and give him the best care they could. They are the real heros and fighters in this situation ⭐

• Heart
Reactions: 36
She needs to be bloody charged with neglect!! If my child had tried to commit suicide the day before there is absolutely no way on this earth that i would be leaving him up to his own devices and not keeping a very close eye on him! I really hope the police do a proper investigation into why he wanted to end his life and she is held responsible.

I’m sorry for swearing but the way she is going about this whole thing is absolutely disgusting!

My heart goes out to Archie so much and he doesn’t deserve this. She needs to stop being selfish and think of her son rather than herself. He won’t be able to come back from this he is gone, his body is just a shell of his former self.

Every time I see that picture of him laying in the hospital bed with tubes everywhere it’s absolutely awful and my heart breaks for him.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I thought she had not a good word to say about any of them, but perhaps for a few she will try

. ‘I do get some sleep,’ she says. ‘Some days are better than others. When one of my favourite nurses is in I find it easier to sleep, but when they’re not, I wake up every 40 minutes checking the machines.
Basically saying the nurses don’t know what they’re doing and she can read the machines better than they can 🙄

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
So tomorrow you will officially gain your wings Archie.
You deserved so much better than this, may you finally rest in love and peace little Archie. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.