The Archie Battersbee Case #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It won’t be nurses removing life support, it will be the consultant responsible for his care. There will be minimal staff in the room.
You get what I meant though. No need to be pedantic. And it will still affect the nurses that have spent months tirelessly caring for him.

Reactions: 8
It won’t be nurses removing life support, it will be the consultant responsible for his care. There will be minimal staff in the room.
I don't think I was in the room when equipment was removed with Mum (it's all a bit of a blur still as I was only 20s and a Mummy's girl!) but I'm sure they gave us the choice and we went to get a drink then returned and they'd set up the room all quiet with dimmed lighting and was peaceful. I just remember it being peaceful. Screamed the hospital down when they said they were going to stop (literally just came outta nowhere) but after that it was calm

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I'm glad a support group are doing posts like this, as I know there have been some comments here in relation to what they're saying
If that post from the support group doesn’t break your heart Hollie/Lisa then shame on you.

I feel broken for all the families now wondering did we do enough, yes you did! 💕
Your love for your child was more important than your needs/wants and that’s how it should be.

Parents now suffering because of this distasteful, undignified 💩show, did the most selfless act ever at the most traumatic time imaginable. To say goodbye to your child (until you can be with them again) when there‘s no more hope, rather than letting them suffer is the ultimate gift of love, so don’t ever doubt yourselves. My heart goes out to you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I'm soo glad to see something like this. This has been agonising for me and I've sobbed and sobbed about it. Wondering if I failed my precious child because I agreed to the doctors withdrawing life support.

I feel incredibly guilty, no matter what anyone has been saying to me. I'm second guessing my decision. And if it was the right one. Honestly feeling so much pain and the moment. But can't seem to drag myself away from this case. ( partly because I want to know this little boy will soon be able to rest) even saying that breaks my heart.

In my child's last hours it was just myself and his daddy, we did hand and foot prints and casts and sang to him and brushed his hair. And laid in his bed with him until it was "time" to say our goodbyes.

My heart still breaks for Archies parents.
But this whole media thing and appeal after appeal really does have me questioning my choices. And if I really " fought" for my baby. Or if we said goodbye too soon.

It's had me up at night. Wondering if I did what this mother is doing would my son have woken up?

God this is painful on so many levels.

Poor poor Archie. 😢
My heart has broken in two. I am so SO sorry for your loss. You did the best for your child and please don’t allow anything or anyone to make you feel otherwise. X

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm soo glad to see something like this. This has been agonising for me and I've sobbed and sobbed about it. Wondering if I failed my precious child because I agreed to the doctors withdrawing life support.

I feel incredibly guilty, no matter what anyone has been saying to me. I'm second guessing my decision. And if it was the right one. Honestly feeling so much pain and the moment. But can't seem to drag myself away from this case. ( partly because I want to know this little boy will soon be able to rest) even saying that breaks my heart.

In my child's last hours it was just myself and his daddy, we did hand and foot prints and casts and sang to him and brushed his hair. And laid in his bed with him until it was "time" to say our goodbyes.

But this whole media thing and appeal after appeal really does have me questioning my choices. And if I really " fought" for my baby. Or if we said goodbye too soon.

It's had me up at night. Wondering if I did what this mother is doing would my son have woken up?

Poor poor Archie. 😢
I watched a video by someone who went through this too and she said she wishes someone had taken the decision from her hands, as the courts have for Archie’s mum. That she accepted what she was told and made the best of the facts. It sounds like you did too. Hollie/Lisa has been presented with facts and chosen to turn her back on them- that’s not the same. I send you lots of love and healing ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’ve just found this thread, I have read back a few pages after following this in the media, as I parent I can’t even begin to imagine how his parents must feel but let the boy rest, as heartbreaking as the situation is, it’s easy to sit here and say I’d do this or I’d do that but I couldn’t bare to watch any of my boys in a bed like that with no quality of life lying there hooked up to machines with no chance of
a recovery.

Reactions: 10
A new poem from the army, it's better than the last one.

Thank you mummy, for giving your all
Holding me close when people are cruel
You gave me your best, and made me proud
It wasn't your fault that time wasn't allowed!
You stood tall, against the hate
You believed it wasn't to late
If it was up to you I know I'd be here
To kiss you back and tell you don't fear
But I have to go mum to wait for you
In a place that is heaven and the sky is blue
I will watch, and still be here
I will be in your heart and each little tear
I would never want another mum
You were the best and so much fun
Don't worry mummy, you couldn't have done more
Go on for me and change the law
Each time your sad..look up to the sky
Think of me and il be close by
I'm not gone mum..I live on in you
In everything you feel and everything you do

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Who is the random guy claiming Archie is family property on tv interviews? These people are preying on the vulnerable
He is Aaron somebody or other who makes it his business to force himself into situations like this. He turned up at Alder Hey with his car full of oxygen cylinders to help remove Alfie Evans from the hospital. He is one sick duck. It just shows how poor Dance’s judgement is that she’s let him be around Archie.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
If that post from the support group doesn’t break your heart Hollie/Lisa then shame on you.

I feel broken for all the families now wondering did we do enough, yes you did! ❤
Your love for your child was more important than your needs/wants and that’s how it should be.

Parents now suffering because of this distasteful, undignified 💩show, did the most selfless act ever at the most traumatic time imaginable. To say goodbye to your child (until you can be with them again) when there‘s no more hope, rather than letting them suffer is the ultimate gift of love, so don’t ever doubt yourselves. 💕
At least that group are putting their energies into positive action by trying to make changes - different situation completely yes but I'm glad they're offering support to others in all circumstances who've had to go through this as a couple who've had to do it themselves

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I just can't get my head around the fact that if this was happening to an animal it was be abuse

Reactions: 32
Sky news says life support being withdrawn tomorrow at 10am.

231ABD40-2851-43AF-AD2F-248935C2E3C4.jpeg

Reactions: 5

Poor poor Archie. 😢
Don't question your choices.You made a very brave choice but the right choice,for your child.Hollie has known about the fact that Archie is brain stem dead but has chosen to whip up this circus,not for Archie but for herself. She wants the attention and to get one over the hospital. She has given Archie no dignity.You shared beautiful,dignified moments, with your son and he had a peaceful passing. Hopefully Archie will have a peaceful passing too but it will be despite his mum,not because of her.Sending love x

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Twitter account is fake, and apparently those T-shirts are not for sale - it was a one off made by some random a while ago. Hopefully this means the family is having time together tonight.

Reactions: 12

What a crock of tit. These people need psychiatric evaluation.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Poor poor Archie. 😢
💗

It is normal and natural to wonder, to look back and question. As parents, we constantly ask ourselves if we are doing what is best for our children. It isn’t wrong for you to wonder, as much as it might hurt. It isn’t wrong for you to feel angry, feel upset, feel confused or feel cheated.

Speaking as a PICU/NICU nurse, if there was something that could be done for a family, we would do it. We think of you often, for many, many years after, and we all feel a sense of grief that we could not do more. We too wonder. As new treatments and techniques become available, and we learn more, we wonder and think back. But we cannot change the past, regardless of what we come to wonder. You made your decision based on your son’s own circumstances. Nothing you could have done would have changed that outcome. You made the best choice for your boy, based on all the information you had, we had and the limitations of medical science.

Nothing that Hollie is doing will change Archie’s outcome either. Regardless of her intention, her methods, her words, what comes after all of this, her son’s fate will have been the same. She can shout the loudest, but sadly, that doesn’t mean there is an answer for Archie that isn’t what is to come. There is no miracle coming for Archie, despite all the media circus. What she is doing, rightly or wrongly, is for her, not Archie.

You made the bravest decision in giving your son a peaceful and gentle goodbye, surrounded by love, just as he was when he arrived. In his mama and daddy’s arms, where he belongs, where all he had ever known was love, safety and comfort. You did your very best for him.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 69

I. cannot.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
If ANYONE thinks Tattle is just full of trolls....come and read the love shared for others. Not just on this thread but across the site. If anyone, anywhere ever posts something heartbreaking or devastating for them, the love is instantly there with lovely words, thoughts and sharing of places that could help. Not what trolls are in my world

• Heart
Reactions: 71
I do wonder if this is her projecting to the world the pure unadulterated rage that she feels toward herself.

Reactions: 20
If ANYONE thinks Tattle is just full of trolls....come and read the love shared for others. Not just on this thread but across the site. If anyone, anywhere ever posts something heartbreaking or devastating for them, the love is instantly there with lovely words, thoughts and sharing of places that could help. Not what trolls are in my world
Well said! So glad I found this place

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.