The Apprentice #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rachel is a child of privilege. If anyone wonders how - after leaving university at 21 - she supposedly "self financed" her first gym with £120,000 at the age of 23, here is the answer:

Wealthy businessman Daddy

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
And she acts like it was an achievement to open her own gym at 23! Yeah we could all do that if Daddy was a multimillionaire!

Reactions: 13
Rachel is a child of privilege. If anyone wonders how - after leaving university at 21 - she supposedly "self financed" her first gym with £120,000 at the age of 23, here is the answer:

Wealthy businessman Daddy
Karren Brady became managing director of a football club at 23 because of professional connections she'd made through her dad's business. Phil has a successful pie business because his family set it up. Rachel has a business because her parents could afford to support her. T'was ever thus.

Reactions: 15
Karren Brady became managing director of a football club at 23 because of professional connections she'd made through her dad's business. Phil has a successful pie business because his family set it up. Rachel has a business because her parents could afford to support her. T'was ever thus.
And dentist Paul's dad is in the textiles industry; what's the betting that Daddy paid for his first premises as a dentist and got him off to a flying start?

Reactions: 13
"cheaper than opening in the city"

girl, you're wanting to open a branch in jesmond! that's hardly cheap!
late to the party here - gyms are ten a penny nowadays and even pure gym has fancy lighting. It’s not the USP Rachel thinks it is. I am really struggling with her USP. What is it ? Just looks like “another gym”.

Reactions: 10
I’m surprised Alan Sugar is still prepared to have his name linked with the programme to be honest. It’s making him look like a complete idiot these days. Out of all the people who potentially applied, these applicants were the best they could come up with? Why is he wasting his time on it? It all seems rather pointless.

I wish they’d start showing repeats of the older series on BBC iPlayer. Some of those earlier series were amazing.

Reactions: 17
I’m surprised Alan Sugar is still prepared to have his name linked with the programme to be honest. It’s making him look like a complete idiot these days. Out of all the people who potentially applied, these applicants were the best they could come up with? Why is he wasting his time on it? It all seems rather pointless.

I wish they’d start showing repeats of the older series on BBC iPlayer. Some of those earlier series were amazing.
I used to love the apprentice but it’s become a parody of itself. There are thousands of entrepreneurs in the U.K. who are perfectly sensible and would benefit from investment but can’t because the apprentice has become yet another reality show for half wits and dickheads cos they allegedly make good telly.

I won’t be watching the next series. I also don’t like Lord dinosaur Tory sugar .

Reactions: 10
late to the party here - gyms are ten a penny nowadays and even pure gym has fancy lighting. It’s not the USP Rachel thinks it is. I am really struggling with her USP. What is it ? Just looks like “another gym”.
Also it needs to decide if it’s a boutique gym or ‘friendly and accessible’. The ad she had had a ‘gym for everyone’ vibe

Reactions: 5
And dentist Paul's dad is in the textiles industry; what's the betting that Daddy paid for his first premises as a dentist and got him off to a flying start?
Yess. he said his family would have been upset if he gave away 50 per cent of that first surgery. he is very young to have set up on his own so def had a helping hand.

Reactions: 5
I
Also it needs to decide if it’s a boutique gym or ‘friendly and accessible’. The ad she had had a ‘gym for everyone’ vibe
I used to be a fitness instructor and I’m still a regular gym class goer. Not sure what she means by “high quality classes” or however she described it. Local leisure centres can and do offer good classes and lot of that is based on the quality of the instructor. Most group fitness instructors are freelance and work across multiple gyms. So there’s that. Also if she wants to poach them to work in her gym she can’t exactly pay them buttons. It’s not a well-paid industry, granted so to keep them from teaching elsewhere she’d need to pay them well.

And one of the experts is right - is she a cardio gym (again immersive spin studios have been around for YEARS incl in local leisure centres), is she focussing on reformer Pilates (again how is she going to pay for instructors - is she paying for their qualifications) or what ? And yes is it a boutique or not ?

And it’s 2024. A toned white woman working out in their promo reel doesn’t really sell inclusivity.

Urgh.

Reactions: 6
I had a look at the pricing of her gym as it’s not far from me and it made my eyes water, £90 for 12 sessions a month - that’s £70 more than I pay now (for unlimited access) and I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything at my gym but obviously there’s a market for it because she’s making so much money so good luck to her!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I had a look at the pricing of her gym as it’s not far from me and it made my eyes water, £90 for 12 sessions a month - that’s £70 more than I pay now (for unlimited access) and I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything at my gym but obviously there’s a market for it because she’s making so much money so good luck to her!
There is a gym near me with similar pricing but I go to another place which isn’t as bougie but it has great people and has great instructions so it’s a no brainer.

To be fair l couldn’t see how people would pay these prices but I know a few who go - the types who flash their lifestyle on instagram. The difference with this gym to Rachel’s is that it has a very clear USP about being a weights gym.

Reactions: 2
Random but does anyone remember there used to be episodes near the final called ‘The Final Five” and “Why I fired them”? Can’t say I really watched them but guess they’ve been quietly binned :)

Reactions: 9
Random but does anyone remember there used to be episodes near the final called ‘The Final Five” and “Why I fired them”? Can’t say I really watched them but guess they’ve been quietly binned :)
I actually thought about them last week. They must have been cheap to make as just a compilation but guess no one watched them

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I actually thought about them last week. They must have been cheap to make as just a compilation but guess no one watched them
They were quite derivative- watched the occasional one. Lots of clips from the show and the occasional sound bite from Lord Sugar, but not that interesting

Yeah they were just basically a bit of filler shown after the 10 o clock news - perhaps not seen as worthwhile nowadays

Didn’t they also show a bit more of the candidates home life and work life and they spoke to members of the candidates family too?

Reactions: 4