The Anna Edit #23 Surprise surprise it's beige

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Concentration camp chic for Ralphie chops. I loved wearing bright clothes on my boys. She really is s parody of a person.
Yes! i'm very confused by this trend of dressing your child as a victorian street urchin which Zara kids seems to be touting!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Here’s the testimonial:View attachment 2460713
Ive had a look at Gemma's website and get bad vibes from it - she's a "life coach" who has helped 100+ people (which doesn't seem much to me?) and she's featured in magazines and has multiple influencer/content creator clients. It all feels very vapid and her website repeatedly criticises traditional therapy which makes me feel uncomfortable - she's also wrong as she says therapy sessions go on for a year and aren't solution focused as a sweeping statement, which is horseshit as there are many different types of talking therapy and many are goal-oriented and have a set timeframe.

If Anna feels better from it then great, but it feels like trendy bullshit that unnecessarily bad mouths other mental health interventions, and as far as I can see she's not part of any regulatory body so all her claims about her qualifications and experience could be rubbish (happy to be corrected though as I didn't go through the website with a fine tooth comb!)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
She never misses a chance to shill stuff via aff links, does she 🙄
I'd rather watch paint dry than read any of her boring newsletters regarding her boring outfits.
IMG_20230920_131703.jpg

Also, the inevitable they'll 🥴
Gives me the rage.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
I'd rather watch paint dry than read any of her boring newsletters regarding her boring outfits.
View attachment 2461135
Gives me the rage.
She puts out so much of the same content, the brass neck of her thinking people will happily pay for FIVE EXTRA AFFILIATE LINKS!!

Reactions: 31
Who even gets inspired by her? I find more fashion inspo by looking out of my window than from her page.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I would not pay 5p. Can get inspiration free online! 🫣
I just hope she gets the credit card back end stuff worked out otherwise it will be like her last subscriber paid newsletter attempt. Or whatever that was...packing lists or wardrobe basics list?!

These influencers, already making more than your average writer or journalist with way less knowledge and education, starting a subscriber paid newsletter is the ultimate grift. I subscribe to a few because they're industry journalists who obviously aren't rolling in dough and enjoy having the freedom to write on their own time and explore their own ideas, but ANNA THE BEIGE HOUSEWIFE?!? Nope. GRIFT.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Why would I PAY to click on her affiliate links! Hahahahaha!
Haha exactly what I was going to say! Who would PAY to use her affiliate links?!
Bet she didn't think this one through.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Haha exactly what I was going to say! Who would PAY to use her affiliate links?!
Bet she didn't think this one through.
What is she going to post on Instagram and tik tok then? She's doubling her scrolling work surely?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
OMG came here straight away as soon as I saw the story - WHO would pay?? Seriously. You can access the “new in” section of Arket for free. It will be 80% of her “pieces” anyway. With some Khaite or Toteme thrown in. WTF does she think she is?
And then this whole thing about “having her best ideas when she’s away” like some kind of super creative entrepreneur pleaaaase… it would work if she was away from some “busy profesh life” but she’s away from her permanent holidays at home just shilling links.
AND pretending it’s “like a new idea” when…she basically kind of tried (and failed) with her paying packing lists that oops were then free.. omg this was exactly why she’s been “producing” this daily outfit “content” in September… that was the plan all along… I’ll give them a little taster of my quality work and then make them pay for it… *brainstorming with Mawk* oooh yeah good idea let’s make the first 5 outfits free but if you want to access all my genious outfits ideas you need to pay! The mortgage will pay itself Mawk, such smart input!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
If she’s putting this on a paid newsletter, what on earth is she going to put on her Insta anymore? Ludicrous, all of it.

Reactions: 16
No seriously, I can literally see a meeting between them going like this:

(Anna): Mawk, we have a problem, we are getting less and less paid partnerships, and with the interest rates going up… I don’t know what to do?! (Who will pay for the prosciutto tiles?)
Should you maybe go back to work?

(Mawk): No no babe I have a better idea.
If we can’t get money from brand deals, let’s just get money from the silly people. I’ve seen a youtube video, you can get stable income from a substack you know

(Anna): But would people really pay for my content?

(Mawk): Babe, people are stupid, trust me

• Haha
Reactions: 29
View attachment 2461135
Gives me the rage.
I'm confused. Doesn't she show all her outfits pretty much in real time anyway? And this new subscription thing would be reviewing past outfits? And hasn't she just got a capsule wardrobe of staples? So pretty much wearing the same pices over and over? It makes no sense. Plus, as you say, more affliate links to things she has seen and liked (but not worn or tried in anyway - so can't really recommend?).

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.