The Anna Edit #23 Surprise surprise it's beige

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That “larder” is tiny. But at least she has loads of open space to “style” with expensive non-functional crap. Priorities!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I cannot believe the drawer full of cans lying on their sides. So luxe 😂 For the size of the kitchen, this isn't a lot of storage space for dried goods. Regardless of if they need the space or not, it still seems so small.

I can't take credit for it because the kitchen was already done when I moved into my house, but I have a little pull out spice cart type thing between the hob and the wall. So convenient. I would totally choose something like this if I ever redo a kitchen.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I cannot believe the drawer full of cans lying on their sides. So luxe 😂 For the size of the kitchen, this isn't a lot of storage space for dried goods. Regardless of if they need the space or not, it still seems so small.

I can't take credit for it because the kitchen was already done when I moved into my house, but I have a little pull out spice cart type thing between the hob and the wall. So convenient. I would totally choose something like this if I ever redo a kitchen.
The cans laying down nearly killed me 😂 that's not a normal thing to do, they must have panicked and tried to make a useless space functional! It's just so poorly laid out and none of the storage makes sense! Also her comment about not having room for a bigger pantry is bullshit - the space is huge and if they'd been prepared to forfeit/shrink one of the three (!!) seating areas they could have had a bigger pantry easily - our kitchen diner is smaller than theirs and we purposely chose a floor to ceiling corner pantry to make sure we had plenty of space for all our tinned/dry ingredients and snacks/spares etc! I can't get over how poorly planned the whole kitchen is - we went through the same process last year and made sure the space was functional as well as looking nice, and so far have no regrets!

Edit - I've just remembered, didn't she show an overflow pantry in the utility room because the one in the kitchen is so small/useless? Which is fine if it houses rarely used items, or if you're making the most of an existing layout, but seems mad when you could have planned to have it all together in the main kitchen!

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Well, let's all just cross our fingers that the kitchen isn't moldy anymore so all those dried goods in both the teeny larder cupboard and overflow in the utility won't go off LOLLLLL

Reactions: 2
I dont have the biggest kitchen nor have the most storage but I dont store my cans lying down in a drawer??? What on earth are they NOT THINKING? All that space but poor design, and nobody to advise them on both the design and practicality?
Is as though they built the kitchen themselves and have no idea of the overall flow of the cooking and cleaning up. I cant imagine any builder nor interior designer will just go ahead without sharing their expert advice.
And also, she is just filling up the shelves for aesthetics. Do real everyday pple keep such a stocked up pantry of every spice watever?

Reactions: 18
She eats the blandest food. I'm surprised she had such a selection of spices.
My spices are in a drawer right next to the hob. I cook mainly Indian and it would be totally impractical to gather all my spices and carry them over to cook each meal

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I just noticed that the cabinets and drawers don't have knobs or handles? I think that is partially what's making it look like an office space. There's not a hint of interest or personality.

Reactions: 8
I just noticed that the cabinets and drawers don't have knobs or handles? I think that is partially what's making it look like an office space. There's not a hint of interest or personality.
Taking inspiration from your last sentence I'm suggesting an early thread title of Minimal Style, Interest or Personality

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Hi guys I don’t mean to be rude but I just can’t work out what it is. Anna’s mouth/jaw moves really strangely.. does anyone know why it does that?

Reactions: 4
WHO KEEPS BAKED BEANS AND VARIOUS TINS ON THEIR SIDE IN A DRAWER? Savages!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
It can buy a very ugly kitchen though.

Wait, no, even that's #kindlygifted. I give up.
Maybe they can put their money towards the next kitchen which will have an adequate size sink and cupboards where the tins can stand upright. Enquiries are probably already underway for this future kitchen.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Omg. I was thinking I'm so over discussing the kitchen, but wtf.
Does she seriously want to walk a mile to the larder for every single spice she uses while cooking? Or pack a suitcase from the larder to the hob before even getting started?

I'm not a fan of having things that are sensitive to light standing in the open, but the only practical thing todo in this kitchen would be to put them on the shelf above the hob.

Also have fun trying to fumble out the cans.

I can't believe that Anna, Mark, her hired designer and the kitchen team all fucked up this badly
I am right there with you. I also can't get over that they have gone for the wood finish on the fronts but that the drawers appear to be plywood??!! I'm sorry. What? Why bother with the walnut finish (I'm assuming that's like veneer? and not wood door fronts... But wtf if the kitchen drawers are made out of plywood? Usually if it's something that will be seen it would be solid wood and lovely dovetailing on the corners while the boxes are still mdf (usually, depending on the maker...). But I'm guessing these designers and Pluck charge solid wood prices for plywood finishes. Daylight robbery. Is that the expression? So badly thought out from the finishes to the organization... Big yikes from me. Of course, my kitchen is secondhand mixed with IKEA so... 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This comes back to the thing that bugs me the most about Anna: she isn’t a good cook and doesn’t understand food. She just follows recipes. So of course, when you’re shopping for the ingredients for a specific recipe or getting your overpriced Hello Fresh deliveries, the layout of the kitchen doesn’t matter because you’re just putting all the things you need on the island when you bring them home from #waitroseandpartners #kindlygifted (only people who they pay use the full name). You’re not having to get store cupboard staples together or improvise, so it doesn’t matter where you keep anything.

Reactions: 15
Hi guys I don’t mean to be rude but I just can’t work out what it is. Anna’s mouth/jaw moves really strangely.. does anyone know why it does that?
I used to wonder if she'd had an injury or something, but I once saw someone politely ask about it in the comments on one of her videos and she said she was just born with her mouth/jaw like that!

Reactions: 2
I guess the less actual useful storage space she has in her kitchen the less food / snacks she needs to store... she is looking quite gaunt and pale in her posts of late, starting to wonder if she has a bit of a problem...

Reactions: 1
Now that Joe sugg has come out and said that their property needed too much work so they moved, I can see influencers selling up, and maybe even Anna. They’ve the money and the time to renovate this house but it’s taken them years. I understand people take their time but with her agency contacts, she should have that place finished by now. I think they’re really struggling with it but won’t admit it.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.