The Anna Edit #2 The nanna edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been thinking about this post a lot and it could have been put on a number of these forums as it applies to lots of these 'influencers' but I have decided to post on Anna's thread because I think it sort of applies most to her. We have a fairly intelligent (I know I know) person who went to Uni and got a degree, married to a chap who also has an engineering degree or certainly that background. Also comes from a well grounded family who are supportive. Anna loves to portray this schtick that me and Mark are down to earth, boring types who don't rock the boat or do anything out there, we are just like you people who follow us..... ie the people next door types, but then you unpick where they have now found themselves. Here are two people who seem on one hand to care about community and charity but on the other are basically flogging stuff to people who in most cases cannot afford it in a world of consumerism of which the bubble is about to really burst. if it has not already. They are two people who could have made a contribution to their communities in jobs that have some social benefit but instead even Mark has now given up the 9-5 role to jump on the band wagon of the influencers. When it all boils down to it it is about money. There is no where else to go other than to say they are coining it in and it benefits them for Mark to be on this bandwagon as well. I wonder what their parents think about where their children have ended up. Truly and honestly do they think that selling a lifestyle to the public which is merely to get people to buy more things they don't need whilst pretending to live an edited life themselves which clearly is a lie is what they imagined for their children. Consumerism at its worst as it is only to benefit themselves and nobody else. Who benefits if someone buys a linen shirt for £200 - yes the label does but Anna only puts the link up for her own benefit and the brand benefit is secondary, although of course that has its purpose in that it brings other brand deals and the roundabout continues. I may not be explaining this well but I suppose what I am saying is that you can forgive the Lily Pebbles and the other vacuous influencers from jumping on this bandwagon as let's face it they have little prospects in the real world of jobs but Anna and Mark seem different (or certainly that is what they portray) but that in itself is worse as despite their difference in a world of mediocrity they have chosen the route of money and that is the bottom line..... there can be no other reason.
I get what you’re saying, but I can’t say that my job contributes to society either. I really don’t think there is that much difference between a PR manager at Whistles or Waitrose or Anna, they’re all part of the industry. Unless I was for example a civil rights lawyer, a nurse or a clean energy engineer, I am in no place to judge people for having a comfortable and well-paying job.

Of course, for myself I am trying to buy less (and no, I do not have a capsule wardrobe), but I still own and buy more than I need too.

I do agree with what you’re saying, that they do both have an air of caring about these things and so they should act on that or keep their mouths shut, unlike some other influencers of whom we don’t even expect they care.

Reactions: 9
I guess they pre-filmed stuff for the time being. I doubt mummy and daddy’s home is her aesthetic

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Thank you Tattlers for suffering through the vlog - I’ve decided to swerve it again! Using the time I’ve saved to catch up on threads on here instead haha

Reactions: 10
Why is Mark trying to intrude into Anna’s career any way? Did he fail his Masters?

This new ‘situation’ - as Anna would call it - is going to get claustrophobic. They will be squashed into a room at her parent’s house, working together every day, and have no reprieve from each other.

Reactions: 16
I just now found out that she’s moving! Does anyone have the old link to her flat selling page? Would really like to have a peek into what it looked like!

Reactions: 2
Why is Mark trying to intrude into Anna’s career any way? Did he fail his Masters?

This new ‘situation’ - as Anna would call it - is going to get claustrophobic. They will be squashed into a room at her parent’s house, working together every day, and have no reprieve from each other.
Specially during the pandemic, I am not sure how things are in the UK now, but even if everything if it's fine right now, a second and third wave could definitely bring back strong lockdowns again. Maybe instead of spending so much money on identical expensive clothes, they could have rented a small apartment for a few months.

Reactions: 7
Well yes exactly! Although we hate on her for wasting money so she can’t win... but just a couple less clothes hauls could easily pay for an air b&b, so at least they could have had a nice home aesthetic to continue their jobs (filming, stories, more options for content etc)

Reactions: 3
Yes, but if it was a normal apartment it would mean a 6 months lease at least, and they are hoping it will move faster. And Airbnb’s in that area for a longer rent time might be quite expensive.
I think they will stay with Anna’s parents and just do weekends away - they can film that way and have a break from the parents.
Also I suspect they are worried that someone else will come with a higher offer, so they wouldn’t want to spend extra money in case that happens!

Having recently gone through a house sale and being in a chain, I think she’s absolutely done the right thing by taking herself out of the chain so she’s in effect a cash buyer when it comes to buying her new place, she’s literally eliminated 50% of the stress by selling her place already.
As for moving in with her family, she seems close to her parents. I, for one, feel lucky that I know my parents would also offer me my room back if I needed something temporary between moves (my husband also), not everyone sees this as a backward step. I think the relationship that Anna has with her family is actually really sweet. We can bash her on so many things but actually saving money on rent when this is the most expensive thing she has done for 5 years is just common sense.

Reactions: 66
Having recently gone through a house sale and being in a chain, I think she’s absolutely done the right thing by taking herself out of the chain so she’s in effect a cash buyer when it comes to buying her new place, she’s literally eliminated 50% of the stress by selling her place already.
As for moving in with her family, she seems close to her parents. I, for one, feel lucky that I know my parents would also offer me my room back if I needed something temporary between moves (my husband also), not everyone sees this as a backward step. I think the relationship that Anna has with her family is actually really sweet. We can bash her on so many things but actually saving money on rent when this is the most expensive thing she has done for 5 years is just common sense.
Totally agree with this. Also, Brighton is bloody expensive... air bnbs would be extortionate. Especially if they have no idea how long they would have to stay in one for. Thought it was very classy that she donated the AdSense money. Shilly Beggles would never!!

Reactions: 26
It definitely makes sense for her to live at her parents. The video could have been about 10 mins long though.

They seem so keen on the house that they’re not putting any pressure on the sellers to make a decision on what they’re doing? I hope they’re not being too chill about it because they can stay at their parents. They put an offer in on the house in mid-July and their sellers still have nowhere to go?

Reactions: 7
I used to work as an estate agent and they've 100% done the right thing.

There are some occasions where buyers will pull out of the sale because the above chain is taking too long to complete, if that happens and the property then goes back on the market it doesnt look as good for the sellers

It definitely makes sense for her to live at her parents. The video could have been about 10 mins long though.

They seem so keen on the house that they’re not putting any pressure on the sellers to make a decision on what they’re doing? I hope they’re not being too chill about it because they can stay at their parents. They put an offer in on the house in mid-July and their sellers still have nowhere to go?
It all depends on what the top of the chain are looking for. If theyre older and need a retirement flat or bungalow for example, theres not as much of a market for that compared to a 3 bed semi

She sold the video like the most exciting thing since the invention of the wheel and wow, it was boring and uneventful for anybody that's not them. I'm nosy and love anything house related so I expected at least a little look at their new place, I didn't imagine they wouldn't own the house already. Would have preferred a 5 mins update during a vlog rather than a full video dedicated to it, specially when ending in such a "low".

Reactions: 8
I really love her relationship with her parents, they are close and she does cook for them all the time. Is very genuine I feel. Do anyone know what is her parents doing in terms of work.

Lily says she is a control freak, I definitely think she feels she is much knowledgeable and above all because she has done a house move, renovation and a mum. I feel, she will tell Anna what to do all the time.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.