The advice thread for random problems #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m hoping I can just get out of this one indefinitely 🤣 honestly if it was any other kid I’d be up for it but my daughter and him are just bad for each other and he’s unfortunately (probably through no fault of his own) a badly behaved child.
Ah that's tricky if the mum's pushy. Maybe say something vague like 'I have so many weekend commitments it's just not a possibility right now'.

I've been there with one child's friend who would purposely mess up the bedroom/be openly rude to me. What I would do if my child really wanted a play date is collect them from school, hour at the park, whiz them through the drive through and drop him home. I struggled with the people pleasing too but honestly it's so liberating doing things on your own terms.

Reactions: 4
I’m hoping I can just get out of this one indefinitely 🤣 honestly if it was any other kid I’d be up for it but my daughter and him are just bad for each other and he’s unfortunately (probably through no fault of his own) a badly behaved child.
I wouldn’t have him over for a play date let alone sleep over - 5 is so young too. When my daughter asks for sleepovers I say maybe when you’re a bit bigger.

A friend’s son is similar in being badly behaved - he is SO rude to her and naughty - she is very very gentle and I feel embarrassed for her to be honest. I am dreading having him at my daughter’s birthday party. We all laughed at first but now I just think he’s very disrespectful and he’s like that because she lets him do it and doesn’t try and address his behaviour - just repeats his name again and again and has a shy smile on her face. I would flip if my child did half yuck he does.

Weird the mum is so keen, just keep putting her off with polite excuses until she gets bored!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.