The 62nd TV WEEK Logie Awards🏆✌🏽

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1354241
Thought this was Jessica Marais at first. I hope she's doing well. Hate how the DM follow her around.
Simone looks beautiful! And yes, very much like Jessica.

I agree that the DM should stop following her - that article about her working as a waitress was beyond stalkerish. She's obviously left acting behind; now leave her alone.

Not a fan of her dress
She looks like Chanel wrapping.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Simone looks beautiful! And yes, very much like Jessica.

I agree that the DM should stop following her - that article about her working as a waitress was beyond stalkerish. She's obviously left acting behind; now leave her alone.
i really like Jessica and she totally could have a huge career in Hollywood, she could have been Margot Robbie but a few years earlier. I love seeing her happy and peaceful and enjoying her life for once as she has been through a lot and acting was not serving her… and yes I do love to see it but would sooner not actually see it, if that makes sense. They should leave her alone indefinitely.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
And how can we forget Claudia in The Big Steal with Ben Mendelssohn back in the day 🥰
One of my most favourite Aussie shows was 'Tangle' - Ben was amazing in that! I hated him, which I think I was meant to do?

Claudia Karvan is most definitely a cool girl - right up there with Georgie Parker and Kat Stewart. Aussie has SO MUCH wonderful talent!!!

So did Travel Guides win something? And Home and Away?

I love Travel Guides but was a bit disappointed with last week's show that aired here, where they went on a Pacific cruise including a trip to Mystery Island and they were a bit rude to their hosts. They'd been told they were going to see the King, and that didn't happen, and they made all sorts of rude jokes about it. The daughter from the family made a point of going up to the hosts afterwards to thank them and say what a lovely time they had, but then ruined it by saying to her family afterwards that you have to do that even if it's not true ... it seemed so mean :(.

• Sad
One of my most favourite Aussie shows was 'Tangle' - Ben was amazing in that! I hated him, which I think I was meant to do?

Claudia Karvan is most definitely a cool girl - right up there with Georgie Parker and Kat Stewart. Aussie has SO MUCH wonderful talent!!!

So did Travel Guides win something? And Home and Away?

I love Travel Guides but was a bit disappointed with last week's show that aired here, where they went on a Pacific cruise including a trip to Mystery Island and they were a bit rude to their hosts. They'd been told they were going to see the King, and that didn't happen, and they made all sorts of rude jokes about it. The daughter from the family made a point of going up to the hosts afterwards to thank them and say what a lovely time they had, but then ruined it by saying to her family afterwards that you have to do that even if it's not true ... it seemed so mean :(.
Oh I haven't seen that ep. That is very disappointing 😞 I fear now that their profiles have grown, so have their egos.

Reactions: 3
And the winners are ...

award.jpg

MOST OUTSTANDING ENTERTAINMENT OR COMEDY PROGRAM
Lego Masters
MOST POPULAR DRAMA PROGRAM
Home And Away
MOST POPULAR LIFESTYLE PROGRAM
Travel Guides
MOST POPULAR REALITY PROGRAM
MasterChef Australia
MOST OUTSTANDING SPORTS COVERAGE
Olympic and Paralympics Games Tokyo 2020
MOST POPULAR COMEDY PROGRAM
Have You Been Paying Attention?

Happy for H&A, but feeling sad for Neighbours (sadder that nobody came to their rescue to save what has become an institution)

Live feed for those who can't watch on TV:

Agree 100% with this writer:

Popular Australian actor or actress in an international program and outstanding reality program: who will win?
By Thomas Mitchell
Most popular Australian actor or actress in an international program
Should win:
Murray Bartlett
HBO series The White Lotus was stacked with star power, but actor Murray Bartlett managed to steal the show as Armond, the concierge with a vengeful disdain for his high-paying guests. Bartlett was also involved in the single best scene to air on television in recent years. #suitcasegate

Will win: Sarah Snook
Succession is arguably the biggest TV show in the world, scooping best drama at the Golden Globes this year. Snook also came out on top that night, winning best supporting actress for her ruthless portrayal of Siobhan “Shiv” Roy. Chances are Snook’s trophy shelf will be adding another statue comes Logies night.

• Heart
READERS' POLL

Who will win the Gold Logie tonight?

Hamish Blake: 40%
Melissa Leong: 24%
Tom Gleeson: 16%
Ray Meagher: 7%
Sonia Kruger: 5%
Julia Morris: 4%
Karl Stefanovic: 3%

I'm surprised at this ... I don't rate Hamish Blake at all. I'm hoping for Sonia, but would think Karl and Ray have more of a chance than anyone. Karl is exceptionally good at what he does, and worth every penny to the network.

Reactions: 6
I really thought Neighbours would be saved😢 I grew up in the Eastern suburbs of Melb and on a lesson my driving instructor directed us to Pin Oak Court aka Ramsay Street! Geeked out (internally, wouldn't have been cool for my broody teenage image to fangirl overtly 😆)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I am hoping Melissa wins gold but I doubt she will. I haven’t ever seen her on MasterChef but I have really liked her in interviews I’ve seen and would just like someone different/new to win.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
A picture of Osher ... who I fondly remember as Andrew G on the Channel Orange music TV channel back in the '90s!

An interesting fact: He wears a hearing aid! Which is just amazing because he's proof that having hearing issues doesn't need to hold anyone back (I wear two, and as someone who didn't lose their hearing until their 40s, I find them hugely problematic so it's a helpful reminder to me when I see people like Osher out and about coping just fine!).

1655635412613.png

1655635473478.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Sonia would be a deserving winner too, very busy lady and she always seems so warm and nice. I love how she says she is lazy despite being on so many tv shows, she seems quite down to earth.

• Heart
I really thought Neighbours would be saved😢 I grew up in the Eastern suburbs of Melb and on a lesson my driving instructor directed us to Pin Oak Court aka Ramsay Street! Geeked out (internally, wouldn't have been cool for my broody teenage image to fangirl overtly 😆)
Same, Snarky. I had heard from a friend who works in the biz that there was speculation it could be picked up by Paramount, like 5 Bedrooms was, and made into a one-hour show airing weekly for around 15 or so weeks at first - just to test the waters - and with a smaller cast ... but that doesn't appear to have grown legs.

It's sad, because the longer the break, the harder it will be to revive it - people have short memories and perhaps a lot of the characters won't be available if/when it did get picked up again.

There was a lot of chatter about Tangle being picked up for a third series too, but that was so long ago that even the kids have grown up!

• Heart