The 1975

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I must admit, as someone who is only 5 foot, I've stopped going to gigs unless I can manage to get a seat in the front row of any block, because otherwise I know I'll end up literally not seeing any of the gig due to people standing.

Recently travelled all the way from Newcastle to London for a gig I'd been looking forward to for months, only to end up walking out before the end due to not being able to see anything at all.

I don't really understand why people who want to stand can't either get tickets in the standing area, or get tickets on the back row of a block so they're not going to ruin someone else's experience. And I understand people might enjoy a gig slightly less if they sit down for it, but isn't that a better option than completely blocking the view of someone behind you and ruining the whole thing for them? At least if everyone is sitting down, everyone gets to enjoy and be able to see the gig they've paid a lot of money to see. Whereas if people stand in the seating area, there'll be a lot of people like me who have wasted hundreds of pounds, only to literally not be able to see any of it.

I'm a bit baffled that people acknowledge they get annoyed when their view is obscured by people holding up phones, but will have no problem blocking someone else's view by standing up in a seated area. Surely that's where empathy would come into play and people would think "I know how upsetting it is when someone obscures my view, so I won't do that to someone else"?

It feels like we've lost our sense of community spirit and gig etiquette is becoming non existent, which is really upsetting to be honest, and leaves people like me having to miss out on loads of gigs.
I don’t think the etiquette has ever been to sit down at big concerts, not since I’ve been going anyway which has been approximately 30 years. I can’t imagine that would be high energy for the artists either looking out at a seated crowd.
Have you tried speaking to security or the person in front to see if you can switch if you’re struggling to see althogether?
A lot of seated venues are quite steeply sloped to allow for shorter people to still see when other people are standing. Even the back row at the o2 a 5ft tall person should be able to see with the average height person standing in front.
I’m 5 ft 7 and wouldn’t expect someone 6 ft something to sit for my benefit at a concert. I’d look in the gap between the two people in front.
---
2 days before Birmingham and I managed to shatter my knee cap last night 😭😭 I’ve got standing tickets too
I’ve not been to Birmingham but managed to switch from standing to seated at the o2 due to back problems. It’s always worth getting there early and asking customer services.

Reactions: 4
2 days before Birmingham and I managed to shatter my knee cap last night 😭😭 I’ve got standing tickets too
Gosh, that’s such terrible timing. I really hope you aren’t in too much pain. Twickets have some but they aren’t the best. Not sure if they’ve released any production holds for Birmingham yet but maybe keep you eye out across ticket outlets ♥

Reactions: 2
Thanks to those that have replied. The venue have given me the option of still standing if I want to risk it or they’ll try and sort seats for me on the night 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh that’s great, at least you can still go, whichever way you decide!

Reactions: 1
Was trying to work out what year I 1st saw them and came across this article from one of the 1st time i saw them live. 300 capacity room 😭 and I remember being front row. I skipped uni that day to travel for the gig. Its crazy how big they've gotten. I can't imagine the chaos if they played there now. The venue was so small that it felt like a church hall. There was enough space to dance and take photos standing. And the crowd was so close to the stage. We literally parked round the corner from their bus at the back stage entrance.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh I think it’s coz some people have put mattys address online. A LOT of people have said how out of order it is.
I saw some comments that people have gone there and waited outside, but whether that’s actually true or just people joking around, I don’t know.

Oh blimey you’re right. Always drama with this lot!
So from what I can see, there’s two guys (brothers) that are problematic somehow and Chris and Stacy ( the people between the charity page) are apparently friends with them, which people don’t like?

Looks like the shows the last few days have been well received though!

Reading what people are saying about last night, he is in desperate need of a break.

Reading what people are saying about last night, he is in desperate need of a break.
Agreed. I’m really glad I’ve not stumbled across any vids on TikTok yet. He asked for it to not be filmed and I hope people were respectful. He might be in the public eye but he deserves his privacy and his vulnerable moments not to be splashed anywhere

I’ve ‘seen’ one clip on Instagram that looks like it’s someone filming it, but I’ve not watched it so can’t verify. If there’s a saving grace, it’s that they are almost at the end of the tour, rather than halfway through!
I hope he’s ok. I always like to think the best of people, and I’d hope that the fans place more importance on his mental health and wishes than getting some sort of scoop for TikTok.

Bless him, thankfully he’s got a good support system around him. He’s had a tough year what with all the nonsense from idiot Taylor fans, & been working non stop, he deserves a break.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.