Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BigMavis

VIP Member
I think she has just used the wrong label. She could certainly be restricting her eating at times. Eating disorders manifest in different ways, patients can overeat and then restrict their diet, I assume that's what she means. It's sad that she has built her career on this and the controversy that comes with it, I'm not sure how anyone would recover when they're stuck in that cycle.

Reactions: 7
Thing is you’re making an assumption, that I’m obviously thin and dislike fat people?! But I’m not, so by that thinking I dislike myself?! I don’t but equally I don’t want to see people with everything hanging out to advertise fake tan 🙄
Take your crusade elsewhere

Reactions: 6

hiya_hun

VIP Member
I've heard from a VERY reliable source that she's been in tears on set at swimwear shoots and she's terrible to work with.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
This woman makes me so fucking angry! She is just as irresponsible as someone who abuses drugs or chain smokes and then glorified it. If she had to be admitted to hospital does she realise the extra staff they would need just to move her? If she gets covid and needs to be proned?! It’s so bloody selfish to let yourself get into that state I’m sorry if that’s “fat shaming”. Yes fair enough be that size but I wish people would stop PRAISING this stupid woman - she is not brave or inspirational she is a medical disaster waiting to happen. I don’t care how much she goes on about being healthy, there is absolutely no way on this earth you can be healthy at that size regardless of your stamina or whatever else you want to base it on. The human body isn’t designed to carry that much weight! When was the last time you saw an obese wild animal 🤦‍♀️

BigMavis

VIP Member
Personally I think body positivity in general is horse shit. Eff your beauty standards was dung too.
Who cares? When that got tired it was her sexuality. Now its an eating disorder.

• Heart

noseynopinions

VIP Member
I'm sorry, but Tess is grotesque. There's no way she's comfortable at the size she is. Why does she Photoshop? Such a negative message she's sending out

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
I dont care for pictures of these influencers & celebrities half naked and tanning etc. Whatever their size. Slim? Im definitely jealous lol. Big? It just makes me feel grim about my own size. I dont care how big or small they are. Its my take-away from it.

Its not always a crusade to be fought.

• Heart

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
There was a whole load of controversy over Tess's "eff your beauty standards" t-shirts. I believe lots of her fans paid for them and never received either a t-shirt or compensation. She also claimed that she was giving a significant portion of the proceeds the charity and I... don't think that happened.

Tess has an extremely beautiful face so I can see why she is famous for that, but she does lie about her size. I have no problem with people keeping schtum, it's nobody else's business, really. However, this does cause problems when you're a professional model. There are frequently shoots (I think one was for Self magazine) where she's draped in the garments rather than being able to wear them, because word amongst crew is that she tells them a smaller size than what she really is so the wardrobe isn't suitable on a lot of shoots.

Equally, she projects the idea that it's important to love yourself (as embodied by "eff your beauty standards") so why is it somehow more shameful to have gone up a size or two? I'd say this also applies to her generally very normative beauty other than her shape: she's always free of body hair, coiffed, made up and with nails done.

She's an interesting one, for sure.
Shes apparently also shamed people for wanting to lose weight, and then said it left her feeling triggered. As though you cant be large & body positive whilst also wanting to lose weight.

HarderFaster

VIP Member
I know that he had lots of mental health problems but my guess would be that they had a very toxic relationship, rather than one-sided abuse. He has BPD, I think it was in a Daily Mail article about them, so he’s going to be difficult to be with (no shade to anyone with it but it does make for an unstable sense of self). Tess also seems like a total nightmare IMO so I think they were just awful together.

Did anyone see Tess recently tweeting about parents who leave their children? Clearly a pass-agg dig at him going to Australia, but in the parenting magazine she was on the cover of last year she openly told them that her eldest son doesn’t even live with her, he’s cared for by her ex (who isn’t his dad). The hypocrisy doesn’t end there either as she was really critical of people flouting covid rules but then flew cross-country at Thanksgiving.

I feel like she has a very high standard with regards to other peoples’ behaviour but very rarely applies it to herself.

Nick recently posted a pic on Reddit of him wearing a pink tuille skirt with blue hair and I wonder if she’s in a bit of a rage because she made a big hoo-ha about coming out as queer but seems to have exclusively dated cis hetero men since, while Nick’s really committed to it.

I’m not defending him btw, and I’m not necessarily saying that I don’t believe her, but I do think they’re both immature attention seekers expressing - in very different ways - this pathological need for approval.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
I'm confused as to how she can make this claim without fitting the DSM-V criteria for anorexia nervosa, but then I'm not her physician. People have speculated she has had a health scare and is using this as a flak jacket to prevent people from commenting on deliberate weight loss, it also prevents the body positive community coming at her for losing weight.

Tittattattit

Chatty Member
Even for atypical, she clearly doesn't have a fear of gaining weight or becoming fat in the same way that those with anorexia display. She constantly shows how proud she is to be eating and how proud she is to be fat. So either she is lying about anorexia or she has been lying this entire time about being proud of her size. Either way she is a liar. She has an eating disorder but it isn't this. T

That's the issue with Tess. She's a habitual liar.

JellyWobbles

VIP Member
This woman makes me so fucking angry! She is just as irresponsible as someone who abuses drugs or chain smokes and then glorified it. If she had to be admitted to hospital does she realise the extra staff they would need just to move her? If she gets covid and needs to be proned?! It’s so bloody selfish to let yourself get into that state I’m sorry if that’s “fat shaming”. Yes fair enough be that size but I wish people would stop PRAISING this stupid woman - she is not brave or inspirational she is a medical disaster waiting to happen. I don’t care how much she goes on about being healthy, there is absolutely no way on this earth you can be healthy at that size regardless of your stamina or whatever else you want to base it on. The human body isn’t designed to carry that much weight! When was the last time you saw an obese wild animal 🤦‍♀️
Quite.
Celebrate your beauty, your body but don’t put up the pretence that it’s an ideology or healthy because it’s far from that.
- I am morbidly obese, and I find Tess and other BoPo movement absolutely toxic. It’s so far from what it’s meant to be.

JellyWobbles

VIP Member
She’s a shit human. Pure and simple.

Also, as someone who was a 20/22, there is no way she’s a 20/22. Just like glitterandlasers saying she’s a 20/22. If you are so comfortable with your size, then say your real size.
Ive met her irl, before she had her second son (she was smaller then) I’m a uk 22; she absolutely is not. She was then Id say a uk 26.

bottie1000

Think the whole thing with her (ex)husband is really sad I've been a follower since back in her Tess Munster days and he was always such a huge part of her life, I remember the whole pregnancy with bowie etc. He always seemed to be the one at home looking after the kids, really supportive of everything she did, she'd always gush about him being an amazing dad to both her boys etc. Then he literally just disappeared last summer, deleted all his socials, or they're inactive. I did a bit of sleuthing at the time as I thought something was up when she suddenly just stopped posting about him and he seemed to have had a breakdown of some sort and decided to move back to Australia for a 'few weeks' to be with his parents etc, he was still posting about missing the boys, but that he'd be back soon. Then I saw something about how he wanted to change his pronouns and was struggling with gender identity and then that was the last of any form of internet presence he had before deleting everything. Obviously now months have passed and he's nowhere to be seen, still in Aus I imagine, and she's recently confirmed they've split. Really sad situation all around, as I was really rooting for them, and they had such a beautiful little family.

Hereforthehottea

VIP Member
What is the situation with her man? He was always in the comments defending her then he upped and left to go to Australia?
Is he still there?
Very bizarre. I always thought he seemed a kind soul who did most of the parenting and was always hyping her up? Maybe I have him wrong. Feel very sorry for the children that he has moved to the other side of the world for the last 8 months!

Milliehaha123

Chatty Member
Strange set up but I really don't blame the kid. He has made it soooo clear he doesn't want to be in her photos or videos and yet she continues to put stuff up involving him. I reckon she's a shit mom and he's probably happier with this other bloke.

Reactions: 4