Terrie McEvoy #4 promotes fertility & women's health, only does it for the wealth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
RECAP:
Terrie announced she was Repromed brand ambassador on April 1st, much to everyone's shock because she has NEVER opened up ANY conversation around fertility or pregnancy before, in fact for years she has done the complete opposite and shot down anyone who ever asked her about her plans to have children, and shut off the convo!
On 13th May, Terrie announced she was expecting "Mommy & Daddy's New Travel Buddy", without one ounce of sympathy, empathy or emotion for people who are struggling with fertility!
She has also omg eeekkk started "producing" dog bandanas which she likes to call dog bananas and they look IDENTICAL to ones for sale on Ali Express...
She's still doing college work coz she's eeekkk omg SO dedicated to nursing.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I was really upset by Terrie's behaviour in the wake of her pregnancy announcement, particularly given her role as Repromed BA and I found myself getting more upset and angry when she was sharing messages on her stories about living her best life, feck the begrudgers quotes which I felt were a dig at those of us who were upset and contacting Repromed to express our concern.

Ive had fertility treatment this month that hasn't gone well and in the last thread, just after I had seen one of these posts on her stories, I was really angry and called her a nasty person. I actually feel really bad for that comment and regret posting it and I've emailed Tattle a few times asking for it to be removed. I don't think Terrie is a nasty person, I find some of behaviour questionable at times and I found the whole pregnancy announcement in bad taste given her BA status.

Anyway I just wanted to post that it's a bit of a learning for me and I probably need to take a step back from social media when I'm going through a tough time. My upset is not Terrie's fault and I need to manage it myself. Good wishes to all those on a fertility journey, hopefully our day will come and the same wishes to Terrie who I hope has a happy and healthy pregnancy.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I was really upset by Terrie's behaviour in the wake of her pregnancy announcement, particularly given her role as Repromed BA and I found myself getting more upset and angry when she was sharing messages on her stories about living her best life, feck the begrudgers quotes which I felt were a dig at those of us who were upset and contacting Repromed to express our concern.

Ive had fertility treatment this month that hasn't gone well and in the last thread, just after I had seen one of these posts on her stories, I was really angry and called her a nasty person. I actually feel really bad for that comment and regret posting it and I've emailed Tattle a few times asking for it to be removed. I don't think Terrie is a nasty person, I find some of behaviour questionable at times and I found the whole pregnancy announcement in bad taste given her BA status.

Anyway I just wanted to post that it's a bit of a learning for me and I probably need to take a step back from social media when I'm going through a tough time. My upset is not Terrie's fault and I need to manage it myself. Good wishes to all those on a fertility journey, hopefully our day will come and the same wishes to Terrie who I hope has a happy and healthy pregnancy.
Fertility and pregnancy is a tough journey for a lot of people and I know that it can really be hurtful when things like this happen. I get so triggered by scan photos due to pregnancy loss and seeing them can send me to a very dark place but it’s hard to explain that to friends who send them on. Don’t beat yourself up over your comment, it can happen. You are human. Good luck to you and all of us on the rocky road of fertility treatment and hoping to have a baby soon. It’s so tough and we all have bad days

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Don’t be too hard on yourself, I can’t say she’s nasty as I don’t know her but I could use way worse words than nasty to describe some of her actions!

Reactions: 11
Síle Seoige doing another excellent pregnancy announcement keeping in mind how triggering it could be for people. Also revealing the gender of her baby without any fanfare just saying it out straight 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 28
She spoke so beautifully. It's great to hear herself and Pippa being so honest and mindful of others. True ambassadors

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Síle Seoige doing another excellent pregnancy announcement keeping in mind how triggering it could be for people. Also revealing the gender of her baby without any fanfare just saying it out straight 👏
I agree to a certain extent but it’s almost like people have to apologise for being happy. They have to publicly consider others who might not be in a happy place rather than just share their happy news and be happy about it. It’s a lot of pressure.

ive had two miscarriages and though I might have felt a sting and down when others announced their pregnancies around that time I didn’t expect that they would almost have to be apologetic for being pregnant and to have to tiptoe around me.

maybe I’m just old school but it all feels a bit woke for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I agree to a certain extent but it’s almost like people have to apologise for being happy. They have to publicly consider others who might not be in a happy place rather than just share their happy news and be happy about it. It’s a lot of pressure.

ive had two miscarriages and though I might have felt a sting and down when others announced their pregnancies around that time I didn’t expect that they would almost have to be apologetic for being pregnant and to have to tiptoe around me.

I don't think she has to be apologetic for being pregnant but she states it can be triggering which it can. I had a miscarriage at Christmas and for a while pregnancy announcements made my heart sink. Sile and Pippa certainly don't need to be apologetic they weren't fronting fertility campaigns while actually being pregnant

• Heart
Reactions: 19

I agree. People need to cop on a bit. Terrie is a snake for sure but the issue is the scam she pulled with the clinic. She can still announce her pregnancy as can anyone else. We can’t all be mindful of everyone in every situation or we would be afraid to open our mouths.

Reactions: 13
I don't think they're apologising for being happy. She said numerous times in the video that she was happy. I think she was just being mindful of other people's feelings given she has so many followers. It's very different to telling your family members or a group of friends where you are more likely to know if they have gone or are going through something.

Reactions: 13
I don't think anyone was saying she shouldn't have announced her pregnancy or be happy to share her news. I don't think people would really give a shite one way or the other apart from comment on the cringe factor of the announcements.

The reason people are so upset is because a few weeks previously she signed on with a fertility clinic under the guise of opening up the conversation around fertility and fertility issues. In that case then, in my opinion she should have posted a trigger warning re: her announcement as I'm sure her followers count increased based on her Repromed collaboration

I don’t think anyone here thinks Terri needs to apologise for being pregnant or not show happiness for her own pregnancy but she took money to launch a fertility campaign, gained a lot of followers doing fertility treatment then two weeks later insensitively announced her pregnancy and stated she had no issues conceiving but knew how others felt.
For me after doing 3 rounds of IVF I’m delighted to be pregnant and I’m not apologising to anyone for my happiness but I’m so mindful of friends still trying, doing ivf or having had a miscarriage.
It’s just about showing empathy and kindness to those still in the battle around us. I’m sorry to hear of your miscarriages and hope that you had people to show you empathy and kindness. I think it’s so true what pippa said in that when these conversations are spoken about we see all the other women around us in the same battle.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I don't think anyone was saying she shouldn't have announced her pregnancy or be happy to share her news. I don't think people would really give a shite one way or the other apart from comment on the cringe factor of the announcements.

The reason people are so upset is because a few weeks previously she signed on with a fertility clinic under the guise of opening up the conversation around fertility and fertility issues. In that case then, in my opinion she should have posted a trigger warning re: her announcement as I'm sure her followers count increased based on her Repromed collaboration
ETA this is about Terrie not Sile

Reactions: 1
I agree. People need to cop on a bit. Terrie is a snake for sure but the issue is the scam she pulled with the clinic. She can still announce her pregnancy as can anyone else. We can’t all be mindful of everyone in every situation or we would be afraid to open our mouths.
She should have stepped away from the collaboration with the fertility clinic. That's all it would have taken. It's amazing news. Nobody wants her not to be happy. But if you're going to collaborate with a fertility clinic and get paid for it, you have to take responsibility for how you are going to announce and deal with your own pregnancy online. This is only an issue because of the paid collaboration that she took.

Reactions: 15
I don’t think anyone here thinks Terri needs to apologise for being pregnant or not show happiness for her own pregnancy but she took money to launch a fertility campaign, gained a lot of followers doing fertility treatment then two weeks later insensitively announced her pregnancy and stated she had no issues conceiving but knew how others felt.
For me after doing 3 rounds of IVF I’m delighted to be pregnant and I’m not apologising to anyone for my happiness but I’m so mindful of friends still trying, doing ivf or having had a miscarriage.
It’s just about showing empathy and kindness to those still in the battle around us. I’m sorry to hear of your miscarriages and hope that you had people to show you empathy and kindness. I think it’s so true what pippa said in that when these conversations are spoken about we see all the other women around us in the same battle.
oh totally get what Terrie did was awful. Was more referring to Sile. She repeated said how nervous she was announcing her news and for me that just feels like it must take the shine off things when you’re having to consider everything and anything your followers might be going through.

Reactions: 6
I've had 7 miscarriages, and I'm genuinely happy for people and their announcements.
I didn't expect terrie to be apologetic. My thing with terrie is i dislike her obvious greed and money grabbing, and the sickly sweet act she portrays. The repromed collab was the wrong one for her. But its all about grabbing the cash. Every aspect of the pregnancy, birth and the child's life will probably be monitized🤑🤑
Like can you even wait for the sponsored hospital bag post..eeep🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
Siles and pippas announcements were such a contrast to terries. They showed empathy, class and maturity that Terrie will never have.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.