Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Limmy91

Influencers should just stay away from certain topics...i dont think Terrie was ever going to win with the Repromed partnership, she should have knows it was a line not to cross regardless of her personal circumstances.
If she did use them shes essentially making claims that might give false hope to people struggling to conceive
If she didnt use them then its just a kick in the teeth to those who are struggling...
That aside, baby news is always lovely to hear so good luck to them, they have a lot of joy and happiness ahead
Yeah baby news is fab and I’m honestly glad for them.
My issue lies in the fact that 1. She portrays this mad bastard lifestyle where she doesn’t want to fit with societal norms/expectations despite being married, having a dog and now being pregnant.

2. Under the guise of this mad bastard ‘I don’t want to be pressured into having a family’ persona she becomes a brand ambassador for a very expensive service which only some women who struggle with fertility are lucky to access due to cost, all the while being pregnant herself.

If she used their services to conceive then I think the ambassadorship makes some sense. If not, it’s just a classless way just to make a few quid and is a kick in the teeth to people that actually struggle to conceive.

Reactions: 41
While I do think it’s good to launch a campaign about infertility to try and get a conversation going, the use of an influencer to do it concerns me. She’s mentioned “owning your fertility” and “arming yourself with knowledge” and I’m seriously concerned that this won’t be a campaign to ignite a conversation about infertility but will be used to sell unnecessary tests to women so they can be assured of their fertility. She already spoke about blood tests and AMH levels to check your fertility status. My guess is in a few weeks it will be “oh m geeeeee guys did you know you can get a simple blood test to give you an idea of fertility levels and Repromed do it” and bam yet another thing targeted towards women. Yet another thing we have shoved down our throat on insta. Need the latest clothes, fab house, car, 10 holidays a year and now if you’re over 30 you now need to be worried about your fertility and get tests to make sure you’re ok. I know from experience that doctors highly discourage you to start looking at your fertility unless you are actually struggling to conceive because you could have low AMH levels but it means nothing unless you are actively trying. You could cause yourself so much unnecessary worry. This is a dangerous campaign, I’m disgusted by it.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Jackjack38

VIP Member
Why choose somebody that has no fertility problems, has had no personal experience of fertility problems, has said numerous times she doesn't want kids right now, gets annoyed if anyone has asked her about having kids to be the face of a company that deals with so many women that have fertility issues. Would Rosanna Davison not have been a better fit for example!?
Shows Terry would put her face/name or womb to any company that is willing to pay. Shame on her!

Reactions: 38

I got up at 5am

VIP Member
She is blocking anyone who comments on the Repromed post. She truly is a vile individual. How can she block genuine women with fertility issues because they are upset? For a nurse she is lacking empathy

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Galwaygirl2020

I dont generally comment on instagram content as it is my choice who I follow. However, this collaboration is just a step too far. Terrie has openly spoken about her frustration at being asked about her family plans in the past but now she wants to start a "conversation" around fertility, while limiting comments on her post! The irony. This is a perfect example of how these insta huns will do anything to line their pockets. Unfollowed.

Reactions: 37

Babyboo75

I cannot beleive she just out up a Q&A saying lets talk fertility when she has literally spent the last few years growling at anyone who dared bring up the topic...funny how a big fat cheque can change someones tune
I feel a lot of delete and blocks coming on for terrie....

topbop

Just because she isn’t saying she has problems doesn’t mean she does not. I personally think the campaign is fantastic! She is hardly going to come on and fill people full of shite . She will have to know what she is talking about so I do believe it will be informative. Fertility is such a taboo subject and fair play to Terrie for doing this. These comments I am reading are so negative I am so shocked at the women who write this sort of thing about someone speaking and highlighting fertility. What a shame
If she has problems with fertility and doesn't want to discuss them publicly, that is her business. But when she becomes brand ambassador for a fertility clinic it is everyones business. Reading the comments here, from women who have issues with fertility, it is an incredibly sensitive and close to the bone topic. To choose someone as brand ambassador who has not only not discussed her fertility, but has openly said that she doesn't want kids yet, is a joke and a slap in the face. It shows that Terries is all about the money.It shows that. this company are a joke. And yes, fertility is a topic that should be had. But not by someone who has no experience in this. If you read the comments posted here, no one has an issue with the campaign itself. It is who they chose to front this campaign. And these' negative comments' that you are reading, a lot of them are by women who have fertility issues. So maybe listen to them, and what they are saying, instead of Terrie, who is being paid to talk about something she knows nothing about.

Lava91

VIP Member
1D893875-C02E-4BF7-86DB-7D582FF7C67E.jpeg

spelling errors already!! Great promotion 🙄 Daveh was too busy all year sourcing from Ali!

Who wants a dog banana for boys or girls

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I saw that she was up the duff there on some news article. I posted a while back about the BA for fertility and was upset by it and seeing she is now expecting... Personally it took the wind out of me..... Very jealous to be fair. I'm on 4 years of fertility treatment and my God I am just shook. If she did go onto do treatment after the BA announcement I hope she does come out and say it. Other wise I would be very disappointed in a person being a brand ambassador for something that they never needed... especially when women like me struggle on a daily basis...😪
I just want to add I am always happy about a new announcement and do congratulate terri and himself as it's a blessing.. it's just, If it came from a place where there was never any problems in conceiving well then that would really upset couples like me and my partner

• Heart

VipersNest

Those fucking wild deodorants are the new spotlight I think. Every instahun and their fecking grannies are trying to flog them. Not a hope would I go near them now. And fuck off Terror with your “I aM conScIouS oF WhAT I puT in My BoDY beCaUSe I aM pRegNANT” you’d flog your own shite if you could

• Haha
I posted earlier on this thread about my anger when Terrie was announced as BA for Repromed and I mailed Repromed my concerns (no response received of course).

I was absolutely disgusted to see her announcement yesterday evening. Jesus christ, almost every woman who is having fertility issues finds pregnancy announcements triggering; we don't want to but it's often a gut reaction and the minute I saw her post yesterday I had that immediate jolt of adrenaline that I feel whenever anyone announces a pregnancy. Like a sinking reminder that it still hasn't happened for you. It doesn't mean you're unhappy for people, it's just a constant reminder of your own inability.

How on earth can a so called BA for a fertility company NOT be aware of this?? Her post is pure indulgence and smugness with no comment about how difficult it can be for people TTC. And look that's fine if she's an ordinary Joe Soap and unaware of fertility issues but FFS she's a BA for Repromed!!! She is being paid to "open up the conversation" and she shits all over us women who are struggling to conceive.

Jesus christ lads, I'm absolutely fuming.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Facesisafool

VIP Member
While I do think it’s good to launch a campaign about infertility to try and get a conversation going, the use of an influencer to do it concerns me. She’s mentioned “owning your fertility” and “arming yourself with knowledge” and I’m seriously concerned that this won’t be a campaign to ignite a conversation about infertility but will be used to sell unnecessary tests to women so they can be assured of their fertility. She already spoke about blood tests and AMH levels to check your fertility status. My guess is in a few weeks it will be “oh m geeeeee guys did you know you can get a simple blood test to give you an idea of fertility levels and Repromed do it” and bam yet another thing targeted towards women. Yet another thing we have shoved down our throat on insta. Need the latest clothes, fab house, car, 10 holidays a year and now if you’re over 30 you now need to be worried about your fertility and get tests to make sure you’re ok. I know from experience that doctors highly discourage you to start looking at your fertility unless you are actually struggling to conceive because you could have low AMH levels but it means nothing unless you are actively trying. You could cause yourself so much unnecessary worry. This is a dangerous campaign, I’m disgusted by it.
She got a free trip to a fertility consultant and she doesn’t even want kids yet. Absolute kick in the teeth to any woman trying.

Sorry for all my comments on this thread, I'm just so incensed by this! 🙈

Emma Barnett, the broadcaster, suffered from endometriosis and went through IVF successfully. She spoke about it on Elizabeth Day's podcast recently and said a great quote that stayed with me: "fertile women can't comfort infertile women". I know it sounds a bit black and white, and it's no disrespect to all the lovely women who have conceived straightforwardly and who can be so lovely and considerate around other peoples struggles, but until you walk this path, you just can't understand what it's like. And how did Repromed not know this.

OK, I need to step away from Tattle 😂

• Heart

I got up at 5am

VIP Member
Every Q&A Terrie has ever done - don’t ask me about having babies. It’s so rude. As soon as she is being paid - ask whatever you want, don’t be afraid. Terrie you utter scumbag you should be ashamed of yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

irishinedmonton

Long time lurker, first time poster. I’m disgusted with repromed and with Terrie. I don’t follow her but take a look now and then. I just had another miscarriage on Monday, and this whole campaign has enraged me. I sent repomed a DM, normally I would just brush something like this off, but this just stinks and does not sit well.
516A839F-DC9B-439B-B10B-CAFA35E65D2A.png

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34

littlebananafairy

As someone who has had miscarriages and fertility issues and has no children, I find scan photos extremely traumatic and upsetting. I can just imagine all the women who followed her due to her collab with repromed being crushed by those photos and pregnancy tests. She has a right to be happy, of course she does. I don’t think anyone here is saying she doesn’t. It’s great for her but the issue is the collaboration for a lot of people. I do like that rosemary maccabe puts a trigger warning before any of her pregnancy related posts and scan pictures because it really helps people like me who just get so down when they see them. It’s not like we are not happy for other women getting pregnant but it can drag out a lot of feelings of failure, sadness and heartache for us who are struggling.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Can I just take a sec to send all the ladies here (and their partners) all my love and hugs... genuinely hope you are doing ok 💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗
P.s... fuck terrie 🖕💗

• Heart

Puffin

VIP Member
100% agree with what everyone has said re: Pippas announcement. Im not here biggest fan but I think she came across as so genuine speaking about her joy at discovering she was pregnant , the boys reaction and then discussing her miscarriage. You could see the heartache and emotion when she started to speak about it.

Pippa will probably do more for bring the topic of miscarriage into the main mainstream with her off the cuff story than Terrie has or ever will with her paid ad for a fertility clinic and her ' opening up the conversation ' cos from what I can see that conversation is still firmly closed on her page.

• Heart