TeamRH #3 What Trustpilot does not tell you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@bikerbabe to bulk efficiently a slight surplus of 150-200-ish calories above maintenance would be 'normal'. Some fat gain is inevitable but a weight gain of 1-2lbs per month (ideally 1lb+ of that being muscle gain) would be 'normal', then the person would return to a deficit briefly to lose the few excess pounds. They were setting members 500+ above maintenance which is ridiculous. Keeping them in a cut/bulk cycle indefinitely!
Would that cycle be so that they had to remain members?

Reactions: 3

I said this in a post

It's basically diet down to ideal goal then reverse or bulk if bulking u need to rediet down then maintain so they know because you're not aware of how or think you aren't.

U will then keep signing up

Reactions: 1
Oh my god. I stumbled across this page by accident after becoming a bit disenfranchised from team rh (to say the least) in the past few weeks and I'm so glad I did.

I'm only just starting to get my life back after a few weeks of not following the 'plan' and I was only following it from January to July 2021! Yeah the teaching of calorie deficit is spot on but the way it is put across is so damaging. I've left with more issues with food than I've ever had.

I'm a 21 year old woman who now weighs less than i did when I was 15. I started having panic attacks when eating food and and I would have pure dread over birthdays and meals out. I've had 3 takeaways since January because OBVIOUSLY you're a fat waste of space if you dare have a takeaway and a pint with friends after a year of being in and out of lockdown (sarcasm).

I was practically forced to stop following team rh as my mam just said enough is enough, my mental health was wrecked and I was teetering on the edge of an eating disorder. Felt faint all the time. My skin was atrocious. Bones sticking out yet I still didnt feel slim enough. And those fat calliper readings can duck right off!!!

The final icing on the cake was getting some rude/snotty comments from some of the hardcore members in the POD (where I used to post quite often but stopped as it's so cliquey like a school playground) and also when my comment was removed. I'd commented about how I was struggling mentally and how it's important to put mental health first rather than steps as I'd injured my knee, shoulder and ankle by forcing myself to do 15k steps each day and not giving myself a break. Sorry that this is so long I just needed to get this off my chest without being attacked by his minions. This bastard sucked me in and I was honestly brainwashed for a while. Glad I got out.
Sorry to hear youve had such a bad time, it sounds like you're on the right track now.

I don't normally post on here as I'm more of a lurker but felt I had to. I tried bulking with Team RH, put on loads of fecking excess weight, tried to diet down and just couldn't do it as I'd got so used to the excess calories. Spent the last year and a half yoyo dieting as a result, completely losing interest in weightlifting and just generally feeling like I've failed. If when I'd got to my goal weight and carried on lifting and sensibly reverse dieting rather than following Richie's advice and 'bulking with calipers' where I ended up on 2800 calories a day (my TDE is about 1900) I would have been in a much better place than I am now.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Sorry to hear youve had such a bad time, it sounds like you're on the right track now.

I don't normally post on here as I'm more of a lurker but felt I had to. I tried bulking with Team RH, put on loads of fecking excess weight, tried to diet down and just couldn't do it as I'd got so used to the excess calories. Spent the last year and a half yoyo dieting as a result, completely losing interest in weightlifting and just generally feeling like I've failed. If when I'd got to my goal weight and carried on lifting and sensibly reverse dieting rather than following Richie's advice and 'bulking with calipers' where I ended up on 2800 calories a day (my TDE is about 1900) I would have been in a much better place than I am now.
Sorry to hear this. I decided there was no way I was going to bugger about with calipers, and when I asked just about reverse dieting I was basically told that was stupid and why wouldn’t I want to bulk. So I googled reverse dieting and surprise surprise all the info is out there. So I am gradually increasing calories using the scales as a guide. They seem obsessed with building loads of muscle. Yes I lift weights but only at home and light ones. I am 57 and just want to do if for the health benefits not eat to extremes and gain load of weigh and have to loose it again, it would totally mess with my head. Hope you are getting into a better place now. The more I read the more I am coming across people who have been so badly affected by them

r
Sorry to hear this. I decided there was no way I was going to bugger about with calipers, and when I asked just about reverse dieting I was basically told that was stupid and why wouldn’t I want to bulk. So I googled reverse dieting and surprise surprise all the info is out there. So I am gradually increasing calories using the scales as a guide. They seem obsessed with building loads of muscle. Yes I lift weights but only at home and light ones. I am 57 and just want to do if for the health benefits not eat to extremes and gain load of weigh and have to loose it again, it would totally mess with my head. Hope you are getting into a better place now. The more I read the more I am coming across people who have been so badly affected by them
The thing is they are so hot on deleting negative comments and stalking the internet looking for them along with trying to get reviews removed that people think it’s only them getting banned, blocked etc when really it’s quite a lot of people. The whole bulking and refeed obsession isn’t right either. Suggesting weekly refeed or 3 weekly refeeds suggests to me that something isn’t right.

Reactions: 2
Problem is they have absolutely no advice for anyone who doesn't want to use calipers, anyone who asks for an alternative just gets shot down.

Richie is just so obsessed with having the biggest muscles and thinks everyone else should feel the same, pretty sure he's got some kind of body dismorphia going on.

Did you follow the reverse dieting group? His lives on there were so weird, it would start out being about form and would end up a diatribe slagging off negative reviews on trustpilot and his arch rival James Smith 🤣.

I'm the same as you, at 45 lifting weights is more to me about overall strength and fitness rather than the perfect physique. I've had some time away from it all but have recently discovered Caroline Girvan and really enjoying doing one of her 10 week challenges, it's hard but so much more enjoyable than a grafht workout. Trying to focus less on the cals but if lost a few lbs I wouldn't complain 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think it is to keep the members tied, and SW was slated for not educating members to keep them coming back or never leaving. I've never seen Rachel put 2 stone on bulking 🤷‍♀️ that said I have never followed them or been a member. Only look when I get sent or told what's going on.

Reactions: 6
Problem is they have absolutely no advice for anyone who doesn't want to use calipers, anyone who asks for an alternative just gets shot down.

Richie is just so obsessed with having the biggest muscles and thinks everyone else should feel the same, pretty sure he's got some kind of body dismorphia going on.

Did you follow the reverse dieting group? His lives on there were so weird, it would start out being about form and would end up a diatribe slagging off negative reviews on trustpilot and his arch rival James Smith 🤣.

I'm the same as you, at 45 lifting weights is more to me about overall strength and fitness rather than the perfect physique. I've had some time away from it all but have recently discovered Caroline Girvan and really enjoying doing one of her 10 week challenges, it's hard but so much more enjoyable than a grafht workout. Trying to focus less on the cals but if lost a few lbs I wouldn't complain 😁
I just found caroline too and she is so much fun. It has out the fun back in weights. I love the fact they range from 15 mins upwards. My daughter who can lift heavy weights is also doing her workouts. There really is so much out there which is better than what they offer if you look, and it’s free 😄

I just found caroline too and she is so much fun. It has out the fun back in weights. I love the fact they range from 15 mins upwards. My daughter who can lift heavy weights is also doing her workouts. There really is so much out there which is better than what they offer if you look, and it’s free 😄
She's awesome and amazing how all her content is free. There's workouts to suit everyone

I think it is to keep the members tied, and SW was slated for not educating members to keep them coming back or never leaving. I've never seen Rachel put 2 stone on bulking 🤷‍♀️ that said I have never followed them or been a member. Only look when I get sent or told what's going on.
She did a bulk a few years ago but certainly didn't appear to put on any excess weight, she's seemed tp stay pretty much the same since then, but in all honesty she's rarely on fb now so it's difficult to know if she's in that bulking and cutting cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Sooooo here we go….. he’s now bleating on about how only the calories matter. (Someone on this thread called it and said it wouldn’t be long until he did a post like this) only the other week he was going on about how you NEED to hit macros etc and they’ve refused to help anyone who isn’t hitting macros. So which is it then????!!!!!
He literally swaps the plan every single post, and his minions are always quick to defend his lunacy instead of calling out the inconsistencies.

I saw someone comment, calling him out for insinuating a McDonald’s is healthier than the dried bananas and they’re all there to attack. He popped up saying imagine thinking foods and healthy or unhealthy 🙃🙃🙃

of course calorie deficit is the key to losing weight, but what about health? He’a trying to lure followers who want to lose weight and still continue to shovel shite down their gobs, absolutely no education on nutrition at all

He can't have anyone asking any questions on his methods my PT says his methods are crazy especially the bulking ones. She's cams 6th in women's worlds body building. But he still tries to say everyone's methods is wrong but his

He has his favourites in bulking group and main group only because they lick his butt and never challenge him even when they're unhappy about his methods which is alot of them

I know which member you are on about she been open about her eating disorder I feel sorry for her. She also had people been mean to her over it. I wish they post link or science to back up methods as you find on alpt of other places as you say caloires to high.

Thing is he's never shown rachels bulking journey it's all just him saying what it was like
True, but you would think over the years when she was more actively involved there would be videos, or even pictures of her looking bulked for gains, before she started cutting again.

I know which member you are on about she been open about her eating disorder I feel sorry for her. She also had people been mean to her over it. I wish they post link or science to back up methods as you find on alpt of other places as you say caloires to high.

I know she has but it had been ongoing for weeks unfortunately they didn't wanna know and they're at fault for it for the way they messed about with her calories there's wlot more to it also and isn't just about the way calories were dropped.

Not my place to say but when you're with a partner who constantly tells u you're fat and he doesn't like how u look it doesnt help the situations with eating either.

When she went to coaches they said it wasn't there place to help to seek medical advice then locked her out of app snd told her to come back when sorted which isn't very professional considering they say members are important to them

Hes using other members ad experiments to show their bulking journeys so it seems to show his way works his ways fine if u wanna gain 30 to 40 lbs bulking for a year then spend another year dieting down . Alot have seen this and now doing it their own ways

Just seem one of the main coaches saying she is starting dieting again and need some tips as hasn’t done it for ages. How the hell does a coach not know how to diet when she is advising members on what to do. Unbelievable

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
He literally swaps the plan every single post, and his minions are always quick to defend his lunacy instead of calling out the inconsistencies.

I saw someone comment, calling him out for insinuating a McDonald’s is healthier than the dried bananas and they’re all there to attack. He popped up saying imagine thinking foods and healthy or unhealthy 🙃🙃🙃

of course calorie deficit is the key to losing weight, but what about health? He’a trying to lure followers who want to lose weight and still continue to shovel shite down their gobs, absolutely no education on nutrition at all
And when someone pointed out his poor grammar he wasn't very happy!!😆

Attachments

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.