Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

atomic

OH MY GOD.

Probably going to have to decompress for a bit before I can say anything of substance but that was one of the best nights of my life.

I cannot believe the surprise songs we got. I’m honestly in complete shock!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 41

atomic

Right I have had a sleep so can possibly offer more coherent thoughts now?!

That show last night was absolutely incredible! I thought I had ruined it for myself watching so many livestreams over the past year but none of it compares to being there in the flesh! Taylor really is an absolute machine, I have no idea how she performs to that level and with that level of energy. I know there’s no such thing as an ethical billionaire but honestly give her every penny at this point 😂

My favourite Era live was Rep. Idk if because in Lisbon it started right as it got dark so the atmosphere changed completely after that! The crowd were SO into it last night. I am obviously biased because I was there but I do think it was one of the better crowds this tour for sure!

I also enjoyed Red and 1989 a lot more IRL than I have done on the recordings/streams. They’re just not my favourite eras but they hit so different live and the big hits really got everyone going.

I never ever thought I would be someone that freaked out at surprise songs but that YOYK/Long Live mashup absolutely floored me, I kept going “I can’t believe she’s done this, is this actually happening” 😂 I actually got emotional quite a few times; when she first appears, the 22 hat, All Too Well, champagne problems all had me in tears and I never expected that.

TTPD era is just phenomenal. 10/10 no notes!!!

Also for those of you who’s show is coming up, some top tips:

If you are standing, wear comfortable shoes. I am SO glad I did and the amount of girls hobbling and literally crying in boots/heels I saw throughout was insane!

Bring tissues - not just to cry but also the toilets very quickly ran out of toilet paper so I’m glad I had some in my bag!

If it’s a hot day, bring a cheap umbrella you can sacrifice before going in, particularly if you’re general admission and the queues are long. Someone gave us an umbrella that had been passed along several people in the queue to give us shade while we waited and it was a lifesaver and we weren’t overheated by the time we got into the stadium.

Anyway, that’s my brain dump for now. I’m gonna go rewatch all the videos I took!

Hope you had the most amazing night too @UsernameOfDreams !!

• Heart
Reactions: 36

UsernameOfDreams

Chatty Member
Sharing pics of my outfit for tomorrow because I know some of you enjoy those (I know I love seeing them).
I really wanted to go TTPD coded, as I just love the aesthetic of the set.I had limited time so I tried to work with what I already had - trousers and corset top were already in my wardrobe and luckily had materials to make a choker similar to the one she wears.
The jacket I got on Vinted for an absolute steal (fun fact - the seller told me she used to wear it on a stage production). I'll be wearing my sparkly converse because a diamond's gotta shine, right?

IMG_20240524_212038.jpg

IMG_20240524_211912.jpg

IMG_20240524_211923.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 36

atomic

I am in a tiny random restaurant up a hill in Lisbon and it is FULL of Swifties from across the globe and we are all singing along to Taylor which the restaurant has put on for us, swapping friendship bracelets and it’s AMAZING!

I’ve literally never known another artist that could do this, we are instant besties!

• Heart
Reactions: 29

UsernameOfDreams

Chatty Member
Right I have had a sleep so can possibly offer more coherent thoughts now?!

That show last night was absolutely incredible! I thought I had ruined it for myself watching so many livestreams over the past year but none of it compares to being there in the flesh! Taylor really is an absolute machine, I have no idea how she performs to that level and with that level of energy. I know there’s no such thing as an ethical billionaire but honestly give her every penny at this point 😂

My favourite Era live was Rep. Idk if because in Lisbon it started right as it got dark so the atmosphere changed completely after that! The crowd were SO into it last night. I am obviously biased because I was there but I do think it was one of the better crowds this tour for sure!

I also enjoyed Red and 1989 a lot more IRL than I have done on the recordings/streams. They’re just not my favourite eras but they hit so different live and the big hits really got everyone going.

I never ever thought I would be someone that freaked out at surprise songs but that YOYK/Long Live mashup absolutely floored me, I kept going “I can’t believe she’s done this, is this actually happening” 😂 I actually got emotional quite a few times; when she first appears, the 22 hat, All Too Well, champagne problems all had me in tears and I never expected that.

TTPD era is just phenomenal. 10/10 no notes!!!

Also for those of you who’s show is coming up, some top tips:

If you are standing, wear comfortable shoes. I am SO glad I did and the amount of girls hobbling and literally crying in boots/heels I saw throughout was insane!

Bring tissues - not just to cry but also the toilets very quickly ran out of toilet paper so I’m glad I had some in my bag!

If it’s a hot day, bring a cheap umbrella you can sacrifice before going in, particularly if you’re general admission and the queues are long. Someone gave us an umbrella that had been passed along several people in the queue to give us shade while we waited and it was a lifesaver and we weren’t overheated by the time we got into the stadium.

Anyway, that’s my brain dump for now. I’m gonna go rewatch all the videos I took!

Hope you had the most amazing night too @UsernameOfDreams !!
How lucky are we? What a night!

I second all of atomic's advice, and I can't stress enough how being comfortable is vital to a good experience. Cowboy boots make for cute outfits but I saw so many girls that ended up barefoot on the standing area and wobbling their way out of the stadium. I was wearing comfy platform converse and my feet were definitely tired too.

I also want to manifest my gratitude for the Loop earplugs and highly recommend them - I will never go to a big concert without them anymore. They are so perfect to drown out the crowd while still hearing the music perfectly. I did take them off just to check the difference and HELL NO, put them back so fast. My ears are absolutely fine.

Sharing some pics (only took these), I was pretty close to the stage and had a great view - I swear I did, but my phone is old and has been demoted to a potato.

IMG_20240526_121540.jpg

IMG_20240526_121608.jpg

IMG_20240526_121622.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

emerald

VIP Member
Who wants another crap pun thread title suggestion?

Taylor Swift #53 They say Madrid something bad, then why's it feel so good?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

emerald

VIP Member
Derailing but we’re all pop fans here, Nicki Minaj has been arrested in Amsterdam and she’s due on stage in Manchester, like, right now. Messssssss.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

HotDawg

VIP Member
Watched some.m videos from the latest shows. She’s put on a bit of a stomach. The rest of her body looks great. Someone said she’s recovering from an eating disorder, but it could be from all the alcohol she drinks?
Woman in mid 30s doesn’t have a completely flat stomach?! Colour me surprised.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

gossipgal21

VIP Member
I cant

Surely you would tell her not to livestream if that was the plan 😭 😭

I would hate to be proposed to at a concert its such a trend now
I would literally be like can you get out of my face, Taylor is on stage and I sold several organs to be here ffs

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

ScottsTots044

Chatty Member
IMG_8972.gif

respectfully can’t wrap my head around the fact we have a 31 song album plus multiple mash ups dedicated to this man it’s psychotic

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19