Taylor Swift #34 capitalist poets department

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’re all still crying at the piano YLM, right? Oooooor is that just me….awkward.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m expecting it to be similar to 1989/Midnights if it’s synthpop.

I think TikTok forgets folklore and evermore are the exceptions and not the usual. I like both of them but she’s been a mostly pop girlie since speak now so I can’t see it changing too much

Reactions: 11
I’m expecting it to be similar to 1989/Midnights if it’s synthpop.

I think TikTok forgets folklore and evermore are the exceptions and not the usual. I like both of them but she’s been a mostly pop girlie since speak now so I can’t see it changing too much
I agree that it'll be synthpop but I hope it's more the Aaron Dessner infused version of it (The Great War, WCS) than just Antonoff unleashed
(That's to say no Bejeweled please).
---

This video is pretty good, the first half is in the replies too
Did she fumble the do something/lose something/choose something? Cause it sounds like it to me, which would mean it'd be elegible to be replayed, right? Or is it elegible anyway cause it's on Midnights?

I'm just clowning for you YLM girlies cause I had to sell my Lyon ticket as it didn't work with some work commitments. So I don't even have a stake in it anymore 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I’ve just watched that video of the tarot card reader that was posted in the last thread, thanks to whoever it was! I found it interesting that he said that Poet is basically what Taylor wanted Midnights to be, but she went easy on Joe because at that point she still thought there was a chance they’d get back together, so she held back some of this stuff & it’s coming out now is because it was pretty much all ready to go bar putting it together and that’s why it feels rushed. Its an interesting take for sure!

Reactions: 15
I’ve just watched that video of the tarot card reader that was posted in the last thread, thanks to whoever it was! I found it interesting that he said that Poet is basically what Taylor wanted Midnights to be, but she went easy on Joe because at that point she still thought there was a chance they’d get back together, so she held back some of this stuff & it’s coming out now is because it was pretty much all ready to go bar putting it together and that’s why it feels rushed. Its an interesting take for sure!
Is working on something allegedly for two years rushed though? I feel like we can't both say this is the album Midnights wanted to be and also say it was rushed, but maybe that's just me.

I need April 19th to be now cause all the speculation just makes me antsy.

Reactions: 12
So I just got the email from Universal saying they're going to refund my order.... the order that I received and have been wearing for months......

If they do refund it honestly I'm counting it as a gift from Taylor for all the money I've spent on her over the years 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Is working on something allegedly for two years rushed though? I feel like we can't both say this is the album Midnights wanted to be and also say it was rushed, but maybe that's just me.

I need April 19th to be now cause all the speculation just makes me antsy.
I don’t think she’s rushed this album personally, maybe she just moved the release date up as she was ready for this chapter to be done, released and given its moment and then she can truly move on perhaps?!

Reactions: 12
So I just got the email from Universal saying they're going to refund my order.... the order that I received and have been wearing for months......

If they do refund it honestly I'm counting it as a gift from Taylor for all the money I've spent on her over the years 😅
That would be a nice thank you from her!!

I'm seriously debating buying that cd even though I could only play it in my car. I was waiting for the vinyls to be all released and then choose my fave but I'm a sucker for a book mark 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 4
i think the rollout feels rushed because she wants to get ahead of the rep tv vault tracks, if they're in keeping with the album then it would kinda contradict anything that came after. think people would be more likely to take TTPD with a pinch of salt if they had rep love songs to balance it out. new relationship probably spurred her on too!

Reactions: 6
I wish we could universally agree that we stay quiet for the surprise songs.

Reactions: 16
The people singing along are ruining it for me. 😂😂😭😭
Someone who was filming Tokyo seen that people on the twitch were telling her to shush and she sternly clapped back with “if you’re telling me to be quiet when I’ve paid for my ticket then get off my live” and carried on screaming in whatever key she was thinking she was in, I realised in that moment these Eras tour Swifties are absolutely ruthless 😆💀

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.