Taylor Swift #26 She’s cheer captain and I’m Christ the redeemer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
just saw someone on twitter asking them to suspend the pyro for bad blood bc it made it feel a lot hotter and that makes so much sense! i guess that's something they wouldn't think about until it has an adverse effect

That feels like something so simple, and yet no one would have thought about it until this happened

Reactions: 10
Thanks for the new thread!
I am shocked the concert is going ahead tonight. I hope everyone stays safe.

Reactions: 6
I didn’t realise but I think some of the seats are unallocated too so people are queuing for those - as well as the floor.
I’m shocked it’s going ahead but I am sure Taylor’s team weighed up the pros and cons and took advice.

I see a lot of Twitter/X calling for an end to general admission but this was a perfect storm of a multitude of issues, mainly the unusual heatwave, the lack of access of water and the negligent staff. I’ve done festivals and similar in very very hot weather and it can be managed better than this.

Reactions: 11
Looks like they've opened the vents so well, there's that. I'm really shocked it's still going ahead, I don't have a good feeling about it.

Reactions: 8
They’ve added huge fans to the GA barricade too
That's good too

I just feel profoundly weird about it, seems like such a huge risk with the temp there today. I really hope everything goes okay.

Aghhhh doesn’t seem like it’s being managed any better. I’m really concerned for tonight.
It is still worrying but they have free access to water (still cannot believe this wasn’t in place last night!!), more medics and open vents. I really hope this will help somewhat.

I feel claustrophobic just watching this, I’m so glad I have seated tickets

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I feel claustrophobic just watching this, I’m so glad I have seated tickets
And I bet at the back of the standing area there is loads of room. Like honestly I love Taylor but there’s no way I would deal with that to be near the front.

I’ve been to a ton of general admission concerts and standing festivals with no issues so I don’t know why some end up like this, the need to be at the front is wild.

Reactions: 14
What’s getting on my nerves is people scare-mongering like “Wembley/X city will be exactly like this”. No it won’t! It won’t be this hot, the stadium will (hopefully) not be oversold - I’m not a fan so I may be wrong but people go crazy for Harry Styles and this didn’t happen at his Wembley gigs this year or last. Just as an example of someone who people go crazy over

I do feel like people fainting is par for the course these days. I know we have spoken about this here but camping overnight (let alone for weeks etc) is bound to cause issues with your body when you refuse to go to the toilet, aren’t sleeping as well, won’t drink in case you need to pee

Reactions: 13
What’s getting on my nerves is people scare-mongering like “Wembley/X city will be exactly like this”. No it won’t! It won’t be this hot, the stadium will (hopefully) not be oversold - I’m not a fan so I may be wrong but people go crazy for Harry Styles and this didn’t happen at his Wembley gigs this year or last. Just as an example of someone who people go crazy over

I do feel like people fainting is par for the course these days. I know we have spoken about this here but camping overnight (let alone for weeks etc) is bound to cause issues with your body when you refuse to go to the toilet, aren’t sleeping as well, won’t drink in case you need to pee
Agreed I’ve seen posts on Twitter/x like ‘oh I’m so scared to go to my Wembley show now bc you know it will be the same’

like ok you’re worried but way to take a tragedy and make it about you… there are music events at Wembley all the time with GA standing. It also won’t be 60 degrees and there will be water readily available and likely much better security in place.

The heat is likely what turned this from a not ideal situation into a deadly one and is unlikely to repeat in the UK since we will be lucky not have all rain shows tbh.

Reactions: 16
I went to see the weeknd in the summer, GA standing on the hottest day of the year. It was absolutely horrendous but nobody was pushing and squashing anyone, and security were really great passing water around constantly. I’m not saying it’s impossible for something like this to happen over here, but it’s much less likely because safety is taken very seriously.

Reactions: 11
People are also using this to push their anti-Taylor agenda. Who cares if you don’t like her, what has her “constantly lining her pockets” got to do with a fan who died? (That’s an actual reasoning I saw for someone trying to justify the link between that poor girls death and Taylor’s capitalism)

• Sad
I don't agree with making it about Taylor who I'm sure is truly devastated and isn't to blame, but it is giving me some despair about the state of capitalism that allowed the venue to treat the fans like that with the vents closed, water limits & crazy prices. I don't know maybe because I have some personal reasons for being oversensitive to the situation right now but I'm finding "the show must go on" narrative super depressing. (Not at all directed at you ls240898, just a theme I keep seeing elsewhere online. Time for me to go touch grass 🥴)

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.