Taylor Swift #26 She’s cheer captain and I’m Christ the redeemer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title from @foolishone

Recap:

Two new dates added to the tour in London in August.
The tour is currently in Rio De Janeiro.
A fan, Ana Clara, sadly died at the show last night due the unsafe conditions (too hot, no water allowed in the venue). May she rest in peace.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I thiiiiink my thread title had most likes but I’ll let it slide for @foolishone
You are right. Sorry, I missed it because I look for "Taylor Swift #number" instead of control + F "thread" which I should do. I'll report and see if I can get it changed.

Reactions: 1
You are right. Sorry, I missed it because I look for "Taylor Swift #number" instead of control + F "thread" which I should do. I'll report and see if I can get it changed.
No it’s fine honestly, I’m not upset about it 🩵 I should have put the number in there too, I usually do

Reactions: 3
Very random. But I wish Taylor voiced coach to 5k app. Hahaha.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I wish she would drop her workout routine generally! Girl has the most toned arms

Reactions: 12
Not to be morbid, might she perform bigger than the whole sky as a tribute? I know she said she wouldn’t speak about it on stage but this is technically singing
---
Just to add, I don’t think she HAS to I’m just speculating

Reactions: 5
wasn't able to reply on the last thread so just general thoughts
- so devastating that this was so easily preventable
- taylor must be feeling god awful (obviously no need for her to)
- some of the anecdotes from fans last night are disturbing as hell i hope this brings about change in the same way manchester / hillsborough did

iirc the restrictions on bottled water are for a few reasons - bomb threat, use as projectile, if there's a need to evacuate then they can cause people to trip and fall if full and closed. the way around this would be to allow empty bottles w no caps in, hand out bottles of water permitted by the venue once inside for free etc. but that's not the only issue here imo. the heat, no. of people's body heat, sold over capacity, vents closed, and on top of that no water made for a really dangerous situation. also one bottle of water wouldn't last the whole night. if there were seats then they'd be able to keep a few stored under but this likely wouldn't be a discussion in that case.

i think the best option would be to put on a show for monday night and reduce sat/sun capacity by a third. people would be able to move to now empty seats if they wanted to and standing capacity would be at least a third lower even if no one swapped. the two thirds would combine and circumstances would be the same for monday too. in addition to opening vents, more water, mist as was suggested last thread it would make the conditions a lot more managable. i really hope it goes well tonight and that everyone's safe

Reactions: 13
I’m really surprised tonight’s show is continuing. They need to do a massive re-evaluation of the set up

Reactions: 19
I hope everyone is safe and well tonight, and staff do what they can to make sure everyone is looked after. No one should feel unsafe at a show in any capacity.

Reactions: 11
I’d need to get drugged up to be able to go through today’s performance bless them all

Reactions: 9
just saw someone on twitter asking them to suspend the pyro for bad blood bc it made it feel a lot hotter and that makes so much sense! i guess that's something they wouldn't think about until it has an adverse effect

• Wow
Reactions: 11
If that was me and I had tickets for todays show, I’d obviously go but I genuinely think I’d be so scared and not sure I’d be able to enjoy it fully. I hope everyone has a good time tonight, despite last night’s tragedy. I feel quite saddened by the whole thing - apparently the last thing the girl tweeted was “how am I going to live my life after seeing Taylor” and she never even got to see her 😞
---
just saw someone on twitter asking them to suspend the pyro for bad blood bc it made it feel a lot hotter and that makes so much sense! i guess that's something they wouldn't think about until it has an adverse effect
That’s a great idea, I’m sure it wouldn’t be missed!

• Sad
Reactions: 13
This could be a massive PR disaster if not managed well. The statement on Instagram came across very scripted and some of the videos coming out from inside the stadium are not great. Yes you could blame the stadium and promoter but it’s TS’s name that will be all over the press

We all know she is very shrewd especially around her image so it will be interesting to see how this is navigated

Reactions: 10
So horrendously awful, the poor girl and her family and friends. If it goes ahead tonight (which it seems to be), it'll be such a weird atmosphere. Like I'm sure the fans are bound to be super paranoid and I'm sure Taylor isn't going to feel like she should be joyfully dancing around, it's a no win situation in a way (but obviously nothing compared to Ana's friends/family situation). Mist would be a great idea, but not sure how feasible at such short notice, but you'd hope they'd be throwing everything at it tonight, to not have a remotely similar scenario. Seen so many reports that just sounded awful, and impossible to enjoy, of course no fault of Taylor's, but the stadium management/promoter need to be held accountable, it's disgusting that profit has been put before safety. Like closing the vents, if some people were able to see in, so what, it was sold out, it's not like they'd have been able to pay otherwise (unless they were afraid of crowds/stampede outside, but doubt it). I'm almost afraid of what we're going to hear tonight.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.