Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lilykins

VIP Member
So I bought some Merch when fearless TV came out, a T-shirt and a notebook, which were due to be released on the 28th may. But today I had a refund to the exact from universal music..... so I’m guessing for whatever reason they can’t fulfil the orders 🤷🏻‍♀️ Not exactly chuffed about this but at least I’ve had my money back if they can’t actually give me a product. But I’ve also had no email explaining it?!?

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
am i the only one who thinks getaway car and delicate are way too overhyped? they're just eh for me

openbook1

VIP Member
Who do you think Superstar is about? I am wondering if it's John Mayer. Some of the guitar playing is similar to his style... The same way she "copied" his style of guitar playing in Dear John.

openbook1

VIP Member
I actually prefer the production on The Lakes that was released last year. Think the instrumentals is much more beautiful throughout it. The original gives me Lana Del Rey Young and Beautiful vibes.

A year on, here is my order from favourite to least favourite songs...it definitely switches up.

1. The Lakes
2. The Last Great American Dynasty
3. Mirrorball
4. August
5. Cardigan
6. Invisible String
7. Illicit Affairs
8. The One
9. Mad Woman
10. My Tears Ricochet
11. Peace
12. Betty
13. Seven
14. Hoax
15. This Is Me Trying
16. Epiphany

Emmy44

VIP Member
Is anyone gonna ask for ‘The Taylor’ in Starbucks tomorrow? Apparently they’ll be playing her music all day too so I really want to go, but I’m scared they’ll not have a clue what I’m talking about 😂
Is this true?? I’ve seen it all over tiktok and Starbucks have changed their bios to her lyrics but can’t be sure

orlyb1310

VIP Member
This year there were too many deserving people nominated tbh! I would have loved to see Chloe x Halle win something, their album is so so good.
Ungodly Hour is soooo good. I was hoping they'd win one of their categories. I enjoyed Phoebe's album but Fetch The Bolt Cutters was a clear winner for me - that album is bloody phenomenal, I love Fiona so much. What do they even count as a new artist because Phoebe and Doja released pretty heavily streamed music in 2018. The Grammys are so weird idk how they decide eligibility for these things. And yeah tbh I agree it would be tacky for Taylor to re-submit the same album.

IrishMeeja

Chatty Member
Because the internet was going mad expecting a 1989 announcement. She's telling us she's taking this slooooow. Unfortunately.
I had thought it was clear she would release them in chronological order. Never occurred to me it would be anything other than Red.

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I havent but itl be the names of the new songs on Red Im assuming? She did this with Fearless didnt she. Where if you rearranged the letters it spelled out the songs? Its a vault in that video.

Shes an evil genius 😂
I’m assuming so I was just hoping someone would be super clever on here 😁

sephylily

VIP Member
I think the age gaps are a BIT questionable but I think in the celebrity world, all of these young stars will have hung out in the same circles or worked together so maybe the age was less of a factor as it would be if a sixth former in the UK was dating a 23 year old. When you factor in all of the other relationships she’s been in, it’s clear to see that she doesn’t sought out boys who are majorly younger than her. I don’t want to sound dismissive of predatory behaviour that does happen in relationships where the age gaps are like those but it’s up to harry or taylor to call her out if they felt manipulated by her.

I've also seen a bit of uproar regarding teen characters in tv shows making references to the number of relationships she’s been in. I can’t tell her not to be offended because it’s her name they’re using but I also think it is peak Taylor to call out things like this because it directly affects her but for a lot of other issues, she remains silent. While the obsession with her relationship count had a big element of misogyny attached to it, it was also to do with the fact that she was dating fellow celebrities - people are obviously more invested in celebs dating celebs than if she dated 10 men from office and retail jobs. The characters in the shows she criticised were imperfect teenagers making the same pop culture references we were all making in 2014. I also think the people including myself who were making comments about the number of relationships she was in at the time have matured and realised it really wasn’t an obscure amount.
what were the age gaps? i'm not a die hard taylor fan but i do like some of her music. i was sad to see that the two young actresses in ginny and georgia were getting a lot of hate after taylor called the show out. i understand what she meant but i did think it was unfair to the actresses/actors in the show to have that sort of negative image thrown at them.

am i the only one who thinks getaway car and delicate are way too overhyped? they're just eh for me
i love delicate i think it's a stunning song but i actually prefer the version jacob maxwell did on the voice *runs away*

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
Ill put the full line in a spoiler so people don’t have to see it, but the context of the line is

you were tossing me the car keys, fuck the patriarchy keychain on the ground - shes literally describing a keychain with that phrase on it, which wouldn’t have existed in 2012. She does mention the age difference in the song when she’s talking about something jake said to her. I think at that age she would have mentioned that because she did it in dear John
according to Google trends, the spike for that phrase started in 2013. followed by a second spike in 2016, and the biggest one in 2020.
she probably reworked the song in a hurry, she must have rerecordings and TS10 going on at the same time.

Beauhead

Chatty Member
I do not understand Taylor sometimes. Everything I have read about Lena is awful. In her book she admitted she "abused" her younger sister - when they were kids she put pebbles in her sister's vagina. The stuff she said in that book was so sick.
Lena Dunham's Sister Grace Opens Up About The ... - Bustle
https://www.bustle.com › articles › 47374-lena-dunham...

Nov. 3, 2014 — In the excerpt Dunham refers to a memory in which her sister Grace put pebbles inside of her own vagina and Lena discovered them.

Polkadot123

VIP Member
This week needs to hurry up!
I love Dylan o brien, I think he will play it well.
Very intrigued to see what it is.
Also how was it filmed?! How does she get away with this stuff