Tattoos

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
😂 Thank you for the armchair psychoanalysis.

I do love a man covered in good tattoos. I find them more attractive then men without but a man with naff tattoos is the worst

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I have a full arm sleeve and a few others. I’m in my early 30s with 3 kids and very responsible job that doesn’t mind me having them out.

I’ve always liked tattoos. Wanted them since I was a kid but didn’t get my first proper one until I was 28. I don’t care what they look like when I’m old because I’ll probably look like a saggy old ball bag anyway

Reactions: 5
Does anybody here have any tattoos?

I got my first age 30 and have got another 3 since, my dad does not approve though!

Or are you not a fan?
I started a tattoo thread recently, but it seems to have disappeared?🤷‍♀️ Anyway...

I’ve wanted a tattoo for the longest time but because I am so indecisive, I never did. This year with everything that’s been going on and now having a ‘life’s too short’ kind of attitude, I decided to go ahead and get one.
I was booked in to get it done next week, but now we’ve been hit with this 2nd lockdown in the UK 🤦‍♀️ Hopefully once we’re out of this again, I’ll be able to get it.

A tad worried re the MRI thing a few of you have mentioned. I have to get one done annually and never really paid attention or wandered why they ask if I have one before every one. x

Last edited:
The celebrities that I have mentioned, have multiple tattoos, and heve well documented inner turmoil. David Beckham may not have much inner turmoil, but he has ruined his appearence with multiple tattoos. I have come to the conclusion, that excessive tattoos, are similar to women wearing too much make-up - it is like a protective barrier.
Don’t quit your day job. You are sooooooooooo off the mark. As someone who wears a lot of make up and is covered in tattoos I do it because it brings me pleasure. No more, no less.

Reactions: 8
The celebrities that I have mentioned, have multiple tattoos, and have well documented inner turmoil. David Beckham may not have much inner turmoil, but he has ruined his appearance with multiple tattoos. I have come to the conclusion, that excessive tattoos, are similar to women wearing too much make-up - it is like a protective barrier.
I'm sorry but that really doesn't compute, I don't think having multiple tattoo's can be linked to "inner turmoil" unless you can provide some scientific studies to back up your claim.

Reactions: 4
I have 5 tattoos (I don't know if that's excessive to you)
My brother is covered in them from the back of his neck though his torso. arms and hands.
My other sibling also has tattoos.
All of us have had an amazingly, loving upbringing. We're all very close, have great careers, healthy relationships and lifestyles, a great family life, very close to our parents etc etc...
do you feel our tattoos are a protective barrier? or do you think perhaps we just like to express ourselves through ink opposed to the way others may such as singing/dancing/acting/painting?
Five tattoos are not excessive.
I'm sorry if I have offended anyone, it was not my intention. But the OP asked if anyone had tatttoos, and what we think of them. I was merely expressing an opinion.

I'm sorry but that really doesn't compute, I don't think having multiple tattoo's can be linked to "inner turmoil" unless you can provide some scientific studies to back up your claim.
Oh dear. There is more I want to say on the subject, but it will either result in upsetting even more people, or me being "sent to Coventry." I wish niether of these things to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Five tattoos are not excessive.
I'm sorry if I have offended anyone, it was not my intention. But the OP asked if anyone had tatttoos, and what we think of them. I was merely expressing an opinion.

Oh dear. There is more I want to say on the subject, but it will either result in upsetting even more people, or me being "sent to Coventry." I wish niether of these things to happen.
I’m from Coventry... couldn’t imagine why you’d be so against coming here 🤪🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I have one on my arm I got for my 18th birthday, I wanted a tattoo for so long, almost ten years later I look at it and I’m like 😬😳

Theres nothing wrong in the design or anything, it’s quite unique. I just wish I got it somewhere more covered up. I’m even considering investing in that cream that covers them for whenever I get married.

Reactions: 2
I have six tattoos including a half sleeve and I don’t regret a single one. I have plans for at least one more which I’ll be getting done after lockdown ends and possibly another half sleeve over the next couple of years.

It’s also worth noting that I am not a miserable person wracked with inner turmoil, have a responsible, corporate job and don’t give a duck how they’re going to look when I’m 80. I’ve heard all anti-tattoo arguments and insults a million times, there’s never anything new or interesting, and trust me when I tell you that everyone with tattoos has heard the same.

It does interest me why some people feel the need to tell you their negative feelings about tattoos. If you don’t like them, don’t get them. No need to be rude to or about people who have them, or make up little stories to yourself about their reasons for getting them.

Oh, and I had an MRI scan a few years ago and there was no problem. In extremely rare circumstances the scan can cause an allergic reaction but you’ve got far more chance of having a reaction to something like hair dye and that doesn’t stop many people getting their hair done.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
They aren’t for me. I’ve never dated anyone with a tattoo. I just find them unattractive.

I have an elephant on my left wrist and a bird flying out of a birdcage on my right forearm. I love them! I think that'll be it for me though but I would like more. Just know what, the 2 i have are meaningful to me

I started a tattoo thread recently, but it seems to have disappeared?🤷‍♀️ Anyway...

I’ve wanted a tattoo for the longest time but because I am so indecisive, I never did. This year with everything that’s been going on and now having a ‘life’s too short’ kind of attitude, I decided to go ahead and get one.
I was booked in to get it done next week, but now we’ve been hit with this 2nd lockdown in the UK 🤦‍♀️ Hopefully once we’re out of this again, I’ll be able to get it.

A tad worried re the MRI thing a few of you have mentioned. I have to get one done annually and never really paid attention or wandered why they ask if I have one before every one. x
sorry, I did check but couldnt find another one.

please dont worry about the MRI thing. the lady said it is sooo rare and she has seen 2 cases in her whole career! I'm sure you probably take much bigger risks every day out and about. Life is short, get the tatt!

sorry, I did check but couldnt find another one.

please dont worry about the MRI thing. the lady said it is sooo rare and she has seen 2 cases in her whole career! I'm sure you probably take much bigger risks every day out and about. Life is short, get the tatt!
No worries, it seems to have disappeared haha!

Exactly, life is too short! I’m very excited to get my tattoo done, hopefully it’ll happen this year!
Re the MRI thing, did a bit of Googling and apparently placing a cold damp flannel or some wet tissue on the tat, can help ease the burning sensation if you experience that 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
The celebrities that I have mentioned, have multiple tattoos, and heve well documented inner turmoil. David Beckham may not have much inner turmoil, but he has ruined his appearence with multiple tattoos. I have come to the conclusion, that excessive tattoos, are similar to women wearing too much make-up - it is like a protective barrier.
When you use terms like ugly and defaced it can sound quite critical. People do all sorts of crazy things to their bodies - push up bras, stiletto shoes, foot binding, neck rings, piercings, girdles, tongue splitting, fake tans, botox, hair transplants, plastic surgery etc etc. The human race have been tattooing their skin for hundreds of thousands of years and it was popular in ancient Egypt and with ancient Maori tribes.
I admit that it's not for everyone but I like mine and don't care that my tattoos will get old along with the rest of me.

Reactions: 4
They aren’t for me. I’ve never dated anyone with a tattoo. I just find them unattractive.
That's really interesting, do you mind me asking if you'd never date anyone just because they have tattoos, even if they're completely lovely and all you'd ever want in a partner?

I tend to judge people on who they are, not what they look like, but others may be more pedantic I guess.

I have a large tattoo, my son knew I'd wanted it for years & paid for it for my 50th. I love it. Doesn't change who I am by having a tattoo, I'm still the same person & shouldn't be judged just for how I look. I do find tall, heavily muscular men with tattoos very attractive, but wouldn't not date anyone skinny or bare skinned if they were lovely.

My husband has no tattoos and no intention of getting any but has no objections to mine, and most of them have been done since we met. He’s the same about my hair (I’ve spent my life cropping my hair then growing it out again, and dying it every colour under the sun :D ). He always just smiles and says ‘I married you, not your hair’ if questioned on if he’ll be bothered about whatever change I have in mind.