Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JoJo76

VIP Member
Hi everyone- sorry been MIA for a while as life was really difficult.

MrUL passed away this weekend. Heart is shattered. Me and the children are taking it a day at a time.

Sometimes life can just be too cruel
oh no. I am so so sorry. I don’t know what to say other than sending all the love x

Goodness, life is indeed cruel. I wish I could hug you x
---
Feel really bad posting about woes after seeing @UncoveredLurker update. My heart goes out to you so so much.

Today was my wedding anniversary. I was meant to be going to a Firework display but typical Manchester weather went against me. Serves me right for getting married on Bonfire night! Remember remember the fifth of November. Always bloody pisses down!

Went to the pub with mates and got doggy snugs so all good. As always, love to all x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

JoJo76

VIP Member
Dreadful week for me so far. One of our cats was hit by a car and died shortly after. She was only a little more than a year old. It’s the first time I’ve lost a pet who was part of our family and it’s left a much bigger hole than I could ever have imagined ☹

View attachment 2518311
Oh god, I am so so sorry, my heart breaks for you and your precious little girl. Honestly, pets are family and bring such joy, and pure innocent love.

• Heart

JoJo76

VIP Member
@Autisteuse following on from the talk on AFE.

If you think that he is a big muscular man rather than overweight go with your gut feeling. Our neighbour has the most incredible Bengal, they must have paid a fortune as his markings are incredible. He is a solid hunk of a chap! Love his name too, Napoleon!

If you are concerned try to engage in play that will get him out of breath for 10 mins a few times a day, like throwing his favourite toy. High intensity exercise like we humans (that are able!) do.

You are doing the right thing with food, but I am concerned about the amount it is costing you. Have you thought about mixing it up with some dry? My local pet shop is amazing, and pride themselves on only selling food with fresh real meat ingredients. Just because something says it’s 70% meat, this is often from meat derivatives and can be misleading. Our shop do online deliveries so would be happy to link the page.

The owner is the loveliest man who tries to support local rescues too.

Speaking of which, I’ll be getting another foster next week. Limited details so far but it’s a stray that someone has been looking out for and contacted one of the rescues that I am on the foster books with. They need to catch him, but will probs be in the next 7 ish days. I’ll post pics when I get him x

• Heart

lulooo

VIP Member
Hi everyone- sorry been MIA for a while as life was really difficult.

MrUL passed away this weekend. Heart is shattered. Me and the children are taking it a day at a time.

Sometimes life can just be too cruel
I cannot imagine the pain and sadness you and your children are going through. Please know that you have friends here and that we are sending lots of love and support to try and help you navigate your way through 💜🙏💜

• Heart

barre19

Chatty Member
@kingseven I’m so sorry, what an awful loss. That photo makes my heart hurt! What beautiful girls 💜 I hope you have lots of photos like that to treasure, they look like a very special pair of buddies. Sending you love 💜

• Heart

lulooo

VIP Member
Bore da, friends. 🌞 (Well, it’s cloudy where I am right now, and my backyard is cloaked in snow!)

Just wanted to check in on everyone and say I hope you’ve all been thriving, and if you haven’t, then I pray that your relief, comfort, peace, and happiness arrives VERY soon.

Two weeks ago I had interviews for two universities to earn my mental health counseling degree. I only applied for two because I want to learn online and unfortunately there are SO few schools that offer that degree online that meet my standards as acceptable schools.

One school is pretty good and admits a lot of their graduate candidates. After that interview I was told by the faculty member interviewing me that she would go to her superior and recommend me for the program, so while I have to wait like 4 weeks to hear an OFFICIAL decision, I still think I got in because of what she said.

The second school is one of the top ten schools in the fuckin country—an Ivy League school that I am really, really trying to get into. I don’t hear from them for about 2 more weeks but I hope that, if you have the time, you’ll say a quick prayer for my admission. That interview was MUCH harder than the previous one.

Quick note: I always say this to my friends, but if I don’t ever again bring up the Ivy League school, please don’t ask me about it because it would mean I didn’t get in and I don’t want to have to say it out loud to people that I got rejected lol. 😩😂 If I get into a school, I’ll be sure to announce it here.

Love y’all and take care. 💚
Have my fingers, toes and everything else crossed for you dear Pearls ❤🙏❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3

lulooo

VIP Member
Dreadful week for me so far. One of our cats was hit by a car and died shortly after. She was only a little more than a year old. It’s the first time I’ve lost a pet who was part of our family and it’s left a much bigger hole than I could ever have imagined ☹

View attachment 2518311
Poor little cat. You must be heartbroken. I am sending lots of love and cwtches to you and all your family @kingseven 💜🙏💜

• Heart

JoJo76

VIP Member
@Autisteuse I don’t know if you want to say or if it’s perhaps too dangerous, but I’d like to know which platform allows you to teach different subjects.
If anyone thinks it’s too dangerous and this might doxx her please say it.
---

Stop starving the kitty Jojo 😂
Bloody cheeky git this morning. I normally feed him, but my husband was up early to go to the office. I was up 30 mins after he left, and Walter acted like he was starved to death and ended up with two breakfasts!

Not starving him, just weighing out the correct amount of food for a 5kg cat which is what he should be. The vet said he was overweight and needed to drop from 6kg. We used to always have food left out, and our other cat and previous ones just grazed but fat boy Walt gorges. I think it's because he was a scavenger street cat in Crete until he came to us.

• Heart

EllaBells

@sallygsoton I am a huge fan of the OTO drops - only use about twice a week as they are soooo expensive but I love them. Top tip set an eBay alert for them - they come up every month or so and one seller sells multiple bottles and always accepts my offers. I’m averaging £35/40 per bottle these days.

Reactions: 2

Ally Pally

VIP Member
Bore da, friends. 🌞 (Well, it’s cloudy where I am right now, and my backyard is cloaked in snow!)

Just wanted to check in on everyone and say I hope you’ve all been thriving, and if you haven’t, then I pray that your relief, comfort, peace, and happiness arrives VERY soon.

Two weeks ago I had interviews for two universities to earn my mental health counseling degree. I only applied for two because I want to learn online and unfortunately there are SO few schools that offer that degree online that meet my standards as acceptable schools.

One school is pretty good and admits a lot of their graduate candidates. After that interview I was told by the faculty member interviewing me that she would go to her superior and recommend me for the program, so while I have to wait like 4 weeks to hear an OFFICIAL decision, I still think I got in because of what she said.

The second school is one of the top ten schools in the fuckin country—an Ivy League school that I am really, really trying to get into. I don’t hear from them for about 2 more weeks but I hope that, if you have the time, you’ll say a quick prayer for my admission. That interview was MUCH harder than the previous one.

Quick note: I always say this to my friends, but if I don’t ever again bring up the Ivy League school, please don’t ask me about it because it would mean I didn’t get in and I don’t want to have to say it out loud to people that I got rejected lol. 😩😂 If I get into a school, I’ll be sure to announce it here.

Love y’all and take care. 💚
Everything crossed for you RTP 🤞🥰

• Heart

JoJo76

VIP Member
@sallygsoton I am a huge fan of the OTO drops - only use about twice a week as they are soooo expensive but I love them. Top tip set an eBay alert for them - they come up every month or so and one seller sells multiple bottles and always accepts my offers. I’m averaging £35/40 per bottle these days.
Thanks for this! Just got a bottle for £37.50. Just over £40 with delivery.

I went in the middle with what you said you pay on best offer and it was accepted!

• Heart

EllaBells

Thanks for this! Just got a bottle for £37.50. Just over £40 with delivery.

I went in the middle with what you said you pay on best offer and it was accepted!
Yay really pleased 😀 meant to reference you too on my post and forgot!!!

• Heart

lulooo

VIP Member
Saw your post on the other thread @StewPots Well done and go for it with your studies. I have started an OU degree course and am loving it, keeps me out of mischief, well mostly, and my brain is alive again. Good luck!🧡

• Heart

AnneinHever

VIP Member
@Autisteuse I don’t know if you want to say or if it’s perhaps too dangerous, but I’d like to know which platform allows you to teach different subjects.
If anyone thinks it’s too dangerous and this might doxx her please say it.
---
Just popping in to say. hi and bump the thread. Had a rough few days but am off work tomorrow so will update then. In the meantime, here is Walter the Greek chonky chonk. He is on a diet 😂

View attachment 2529733View attachment 2529737View attachment 2529738
Stop starving the kitty Jojo 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1