Tattle Turds #5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry tattlers- I appear to have brought the thread to a lull.

@Ice Cream Enthusiast - I’m so sorry for the loss of your brother. Sending love your way.

I’m still here. Surviving (not yet coping) but getting there. We had a beautiful funeral - if that isn’t too much of a dichotomy! It was all the best of my husband, without any of the suffering.

Am back at work soon, so biding my time with mindless tattle and looking forward to more cat pictures from you lot!

• Heart
Reactions: 12

@Ice Cream Enthusiast - I’m so sorry for the loss of your brother. Sending love your way.

I’m still here. Surviving (not yet coping) but getting there. We had a beautiful funeral - if that isn’t too much of a dichotomy! It was all the best of my husband, without any of the suffering.

Am back at work soon, so biding my time with mindless tattle and looking forward to more cat pictures from you lot!
Hey lovely 🧡

Sending you strength and love wherever you are, and am glad things went as smoothly as they could.

Here is a photo of one of the cats for you…

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh @StewPots - what a cutie!! Looks like a kitten.

How are you getting on? I know you’ve been suffering with your own health and more specifically pain recently. I hope this has eased as much as it can so you can enjoy more time with your little one (think you have a son you’ve mentioned - apologies if this is wrong).

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh @StewPots - what a cutie!! Looks like a kitten.

How are you getting on? I know you’ve been suffering with your own health and more specifically pain recently. I hope this has eased as much as it can so you can enjoy more time with your little one (think you have a son you’ve mentioned - apologies if this is wrong).
Awww bless you UL 🧡🧡 thank you for thinking of me. I’m not too bad.

I’ve been poorly with an infection so on ABX but hoping to feel better next day or so. Pain is always my 6 baseline and it hasn’t been peaking much, probably because I’m stuck in bed so that’s good🤣 but I’ll get there!

Yes, planning a game of chess with the boy tomorrow after school :)

Make sure you are kind to yourself lovely, and we are all here if you need a chat or rant or anything at all. I’m slack for checking this thread ( and the AE one itself ) at the mo, but just tag me and I’ll Bob over. Sending you so many virtual hugs right now, and again, I’m so sorry for your loss of your dear MrUL 🧡🧡

(Here is another pic of Heidi, just to make you smile a little )

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Thank you very much, and I am so sorry for your loss as well. ❤ Losing my brother has been very difficult, but I can't even imagine the pain of losing my life partner. My poor sister in law is having a hard time. 😢

Part of me wishes Alice would post something crazy, as I could use the distraction. The other part of me is glad she is quiet. I'm so conflicted!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Please don't be sorry, and post whenever you want, or need to. I have been busy irl, so haven't had the time to be on either thread. I know that this is a very difficult and sad time and I just wish I could give you a proper hug and sit down with you for a cup of tea and a chat. Take care and sending lots of love and virtual hugs to you and your family ❤

• Heart
IMG_5464.jpeg

Reporting for duty 💜 #shrimpcat

Sending love to you lovely lot. Sorry for brevity. Toddler trying to destroy me 😬 but here and lurking and thinking of our turds who are in the hardest times. Wish I could squeeze you. Wishing you all some peace 💜 xxx

• Heart
Hey dear Turds ❤

Just to say hi and thinking of all who are struggling at the moment, especially with Christmas around the corner. My son is with his Dad for the whole of the Christmas week this year ( we take turns ) so it’s always weird when he’s not about Christmas morning. Especially as he gets older and the excitement levels start to drop as he hits the tween years…but I’m grateful he has two great Christmases between the ex and I, and is kept busy for the two week holidays.

I also start to miss my Dad - who died two years ago after getting long covid and being on oxygen pretty much 24/7. But I’m grateful again he’s no longer suffering after he endured 18 months of hell, and I still have my Stepmum to think of this time of year and make sure she’s ok.

So yeah… that’s it really. Just sending love out to all of you who are facing difficult Decembers for whatever reason, and as always…at least we aren’t Alice!!

Oh, and obligatory cat pic - this time of my 3 legged rescue….taken by my daughter who’s never seen him sleep like that 🤣 hence the “WTF” comment!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Morning all. Been a bit quiet here.

We took in a new foster cat last night. He’s very scared and hiding at the moment but will get pics when he is feeling braver.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Bore da, friends. 🌞 (Well, it’s cloudy where I am right now, and my backyard is cloaked in snow!)

Just wanted to check in on everyone and say I hope you’ve all been thriving, and if you haven’t, then I pray that your relief, comfort, peace, and happiness arrives VERY soon.

Two weeks ago I had interviews for two universities to earn my mental health counseling degree. I only applied for two because I want to learn online and unfortunately there are SO few schools that offer that degree online that meet my standards as acceptable schools.

One school is pretty good and admits a lot of their graduate candidates. After that interview I was told by the faculty member interviewing me that she would go to her superior and recommend me for the program, so while I have to wait like 4 weeks to hear an OFFICIAL decision, I still think I got in because of what she said.

The second school is one of the top ten schools in the fuckin country—an Ivy League school that I am really, really trying to get into. I don’t hear from them for about 2 more weeks but I hope that, if you have the time, you’ll say a quick prayer for my admission. That interview was MUCH harder than the previous one.

Quick note: I always say this to my friends, but if I don’t ever again bring up the Ivy League school, please don’t ask me about it because it would mean I didn’t get in and I don’t want to have to say it out loud to people that I got rejected lol. 😩😂 If I get into a school, I’ll be sure to announce it here.

Love y’all and take care. 💚

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Bore da, friends. 🌞 (Well, it’s cloudy where I am right now, and my backyard is cloaked in snow!)

Just wanted to check in on everyone and say I hope you’ve all been thriving, and if you haven’t, then I pray that your relief, comfort, peace, and happiness arrives VERY soon.

Two weeks ago I had interviews for two universities to earn my mental health counseling degree. I only applied for two because I want to learn online and unfortunately there are SO few schools that offer that degree online that meet my standards as acceptable schools.

One school is pretty good and admits a lot of their graduate candidates. After that interview I was told by the faculty member interviewing me that she would go to her superior and recommend me for the program, so while I have to wait like 4 weeks to hear an OFFICIAL decision, I still think I got in because of what she said.

The second school is one of the top ten schools in the fuckin country—an Ivy League school that I am really, really trying to get into. I don’t hear from them for about 2 more weeks but I hope that, if you have the time, you’ll say a quick prayer for my admission. That interview was MUCH harder than the previous one.

Quick note: I always say this to my friends, but if I don’t ever again bring up the Ivy League school, please don’t ask me about it because it would mean I didn’t get in and I don’t want to have to say it out loud to people that I got rejected lol. 😩😂 If I get into a school, I’ll be sure to announce it here.

Everything crossed for you RTP 🤞🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Have my fingers, toes and everything else crossed for you dear Pearls ❤🙏❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I got rejected from Stanford and still get grumpy when any of my coworkers who went there bring it up 😂
If you get in, AMAZING!!! You deserve it and worked so hard for it.
If you don't... then it wasn't worth the price tag and you'll have an equally good time elsewhere ❤

• Heart
Saw your post on the other thread @StewPots Well done and go for it with your studies. I have started an OU degree course and am loving it, keeps me out of mischief, well mostly, and my brain is alive again. Good luck!🧡

• Heart
Reactions: 2
@Autisteuse following on from the talk on AFE.

If you think that he is a big muscular man rather than overweight go with your gut feeling. Our neighbour has the most incredible Bengal, they must have paid a fortune as his markings are incredible. He is a solid hunk of a chap! Love his name too, Napoleon!

If you are concerned try to engage in play that will get him out of breath for 10 mins a few times a day, like throwing his favourite toy. High intensity exercise like we humans (that are able!) do.

You are doing the right thing with food, but I am concerned about the amount it is costing you. Have you thought about mixing it up with some dry? My local pet shop is amazing, and pride themselves on only selling food with fresh real meat ingredients. Just because something says it’s 70% meat, this is often from meat derivatives and can be misleading. Our shop do online deliveries so would be happy to link the page.

The owner is the loveliest man who tries to support local rescues too.

Speaking of which, I’ll be getting another foster next week. Limited details so far but it’s a stray that someone has been looking out for and contacted one of the rescues that I am on the foster books with. They need to catch him, but will probs be in the next 7 ish days. I’ll post pics when I get him x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi all. I just wanted to let you lovely lot know that I've recently discovered something called Bilateral music, which is supposedly really helpful for anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc. I know a lot of us here suffer from mental health issues, physical health issues, caring for sick family or sadly losing loved ones, so I thought I'd share this here in the hope it might help. ❤ I'm finding it very relaxing which is a Godsend while living with my mother these days!

Here's a photo of my beautiful boy enjoying today's sunshine. He was sick last night so it was both a relief and a joy to see him relaxing.
IMG_20240222_182127.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@AuroraBorealis didn’t want to divert the main thread, but wanted to send you some love. It’s such a tremendous loss, I’m so sorry this has happened to your family. I hope your BIL steps up and you’re all able to find some small moments of peace as you start to process this. Be gentle with yourself. duck cancer. 💜

I hope all you turds are doing as ok as can be. I’m conscious of other eyes on this thread with other intentions. My cats would like to convey their disapproval and put their middle toe beans up at this. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5