Tattle Turds #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Kindness Matters I am not really sure what has happened here; I've read through the posts on this threads without liking or commenting, because I've been trying to get a handle on it. It's all quite bewildering. I so want to give you the benefit of the doubt, because you've been kind to me, we've interacted in a lovely way and I've considered you a forum friend. And part of my autism means that I don't pick up dissimulation, but take people on face value; with me, what you see is what you get, and I always make the assumption that the same happens vice versa. I've read your accounts and appreciate that you've changed your mind about AE and the FMs, but certain things seem to jar, like the posts @Bastion listed above. Could you explain that? I think a lot of us joined Tattle for the gossip and stayed for the friendship, and we've made ourselves very vulnerable here, so it would really help to understand why those posts conflict with what you've been saying on this thread. I really want to believe the best of you, you see, and I hate to see that others have been upset and confused by what appears to be mixed messaging.
Thank you for wanting to give me the benefit of the doubt @Autisteuse I really appreciate it. I've made a post above replying to @Bastion's questions, I hope that helps explain things a little better. I hope you can see I've not gone around breaking anyone's privacy here and never plan to. After I realised that AE was nothing like I thought I stayed because I liked the people I met here. I hope you can see that I stayed here to explain myself and made myself vulnerable too, people here now all know my real name, have seen my photo, and know my Twitter name. I really do care about about you and the others I've met here on the forum and it upsets me a lot that I've made people feel hurt or anxious because that was never my intention at all.

Reactions: 1
@Penguin86 I hope Pixie is safe and warm snuggling inside with you and that you are doing OK today. 😻 *Mentally giving your room mate a kick up the a**!*

ETA: OK, posted a gif and whoa... not the best choice!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
KM, I would hate for this thread to get closed down because it goes off topic so much.

If I may make an observation based on what you have posted above and in previous threads. I'm sure your intentions are good but it might be an idea to take a step back from other people's drama and maybe put some focus back on yourself (yeah I get the irony - no need to point it out).

As I said above, I'm sure your intentions are good but you might be a bit too invested in helping people to change when they didn't ask for any help to change. I think it's really noble to help out those who can't help themselves eg children and vulnerable people, but in the main, adults have pretty much got their lives sorted out from themselves. It may not look that way from where we are sat but trust me, they are doing what works for them at that time in their lives. From what I have seen, not one of the main players or the extras in this drama need any help or advice from anyone else. Yeah they are tit slinging and digging more graves than those who do it for a living, but they are all adults who can stand up for themselves.

By all means comment and observe away but as I said, let adults do their own thing unless they specifically ask for help or advice. It helps to make life a lot easier and more peaceful for everyone, yourself included.

So going forwards, what you going to do differently so that you get different results?
I appreciate your thoughtful comments @Ena Sharples and your questions too. And I agree I would really hate this thread to be shut down so I hope it doesn't happen, especially because of me.
When I tried to get both sides to get along on Twitter, it was the first time I've done that. Normally on the internet I just read posts about my favourite tv shows and things like that, I've never been abused by anyone on Twitter before and I got attacked by the FMs on Twitter and made fun of on here for it on the same day, and it made me definitely never want to be in that situation again. I can see now you're right, part of me always wants to help people and when I saw two sides fighting I thought I could help, but from where I am now I can see I was completely wrong about AE, and while Tamika did soften her stance and was kinder to me, she obviously mustn't have wanted to change and looking at her recent Twitter posts I can see that. You're right, they're adults who made decisions for themselves, and have stuck with them, and offering help is probably only useful if people ask for it.
To answer you last question, a lot! I've learnt a lot since being here, not just about AE's behaviour, but about myself. I judged Tattle by it's cover, then when I stayed it opened my eyes that I was wrong to make those assumptions. I've learnt, as you said, that trying to get people to get along doesn't work unless they want it to work and that getting so invested didn't do anything good for me or anyone else. I've unfollowed all of those on Twitter and the only updates I get on the situation is from here in the MT. I hope that shows I've learnt and grown and changed.

I honestly don't think kindness matters gives a flying duck about anyone on this thread.

A few people have said they may stop posting because of Kindness matters being here and she doesn't give a tit.

She's happy to bump out regular posters in favour of herself when it's not like she couldn't go elsewhere.

Sorry folks her replies have been a bunch of shitwaffle that means tit all and she's clearly here to chuck a few landmines around.

I for one would very much appreciate if you took yourself elsewhere kindness matters. I do not want you here. I have had to many run ins with folk like you, you will cause infinite trouble and then apologise, rinse and repeat.
Quite to the contrary I care a lot about people on this thread, otherwise why would I stay and ask for their understanding and forgiveness?
I'm not happy that people feel uncomfortable or anxious because of me.
I've asked people if they would like me to leave and said I would if they didn't feel comfortable with me here. The people who have replied to me have said they were willing to give me the benefit of the doubt and today you are the first person to say to me that you don't want me here.
I respect the feelings and opinions of the people of this thread, if people want me to go I will go. I have no desire to hurt anyone any more than they have been. If you would all prefer I leave, I will.

Last edited:
@KindnessMatters I've been following this discussion and hesitant to add my piece. But this is a special thread full of very special people and it's become a bit of a sanctuary for many of us. I hope you mean what you've said and that you can prove it over time that you are trustworthy. Tbh personally I am hesitant about giving you another chance. I don't want to hurt your feelings, but there has been a lot of questionable behaviour and I kind of feel you are pretty slick at explaining it all away. Idk if the fact you are still here, fighting so hard for us to accept and trust you, is a good sign or not... I'm sorry KM, but where you're concerned, for me there is a very big question mark.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Please can we draw a line under this. Its done.

@CookieMonsta had lots of extra snuggles because she could obv tell I wasn't feeling well 😍😍 i slept most of the day. Woke up to crap news so wish I hadn't woken up at all.

Hope you are well x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The problem I've found with Twitter, and wayyy back in the day when I had Facebook, is that it gives everybody a soapbox and I've seen more and more over the years people take hard stances on absolutely everything and it's become quite extreme. You can't just have an opinion and disagree with someone anymore. You have to have a side and you have to hate the other side. And I do mean hate. It's why I stay the hell away from it. You can't even say 'hmm, not sure how I feel about that either way' any more. Try starting a sentence with 'well on the one hand...' and see where it gets you.

I think you were a little naïve when you waded into the Alice Twitter storm. You were conversing with hateful people who would only accept you if you expressed hate as well. Which you did, for a while. I think their acceptance of you may have encouraged you to say things you wouldn't have otherwise. But then when you dared to disagree with them and take a more neutral stance, they turned their hate on you and you were ousted. This is what I've seen happen on Twitter SO MANY TIMES and it boggles my mind people spend their time doing this.

It makes Tattle look like a wholesome 50s musical where we're gonna burst into song any minute. No wonder you stayed.

@Penguin86 just saw your post. I was busy typing mine!
Line drawn anyway. I don't think there's a whole lot else to say or we'll just be going around in circles if we're not already.

• Heart
Please can we draw a line under this. Its done.

@CookieMonsta had lots of extra snuggles because she could obv tell I wasn't feeling well 😍😍 i slept most of the day. Woke up to crap news so wish I hadn't woken up at all.

Hope you are well x
I'm happy Pixie was giving you lots of extra loving, but very sorry for your crap news. Sending you lots of love. And please know we all meant what we said on the MT - you are not alone. You're stuck with us lot now!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I was finally able to get some calm and some headspace after our flight cancellation yesterday meant that we couldn’t go. I still really want to make the move (and always have) but there are a lot of complicating factors for us that I don’t think we had fully thought through – we’d taken more of a ‘oh we’ll figure it out, it’ll be fine’ kind of attitude. And I think it probably would’ve been fine, but I also think there’s a more optimal way of doing things that we hadn’t considered because we were excited to get there, and the optimal way involves a bit of waiting. This is especially in relation to my immigration status. I have a visa but that particular pathway may not be the best long term plan for us. It's way too complicated to get into here and we still have some questions that need to be answered.

We still haven’t come to a decision, as there are actually a few different options for us depending on the answers to certain questions. Fiancé is going to fly on Monday for a week and a bit to check out the apartment, do some unpacking (and hopefully some flat pack assembly?) and meet his boss, his team, and get settled in, if just temporarily. He’s going to speak to his boss about options for him for the next 6 months or so. He’s also going to see his family which I know he’s been desperate to do.

Everything has been so rushed but this feels much more like a carefully-thought-out decision. I think at the start we felt like we had to do everything RIGHT NOW IN THE NEXT 10 SECONDS because I was pregnant but it turns out pregnancy lasts for quite a while, so we have more time than we initially felt like we had.

I do feel like the universe has been trying to tell me something though – we went for a walk and a Starbucks this morning and bumped into an old friend of mine who has not only moved 5 doors down from us but is also 5 months pregnant! If that’s not a sign we’re on the right track now, I don’t know what is.

Anyway – how are you feeling? Are you ready for your meeting with uni on Monday? I love the fact that you’re imagining the life you want. It’s such a powerful thing to do and can give real insight into what your heart really wants.

@enasharples I didn’t think your post was too heavy at all. I understood what you were saying and I’ve felt the same thing and felt confused by it and guilty about it. But I think it comes from my brain liking to be ‘somewhere in the middle’. If sentiments around me swing too far in one direction, my brain goes ‘whoa hold on there, let’s just think about this for a second’. It likes to retain a balance!

I don’t have the energy for the MT at the moment. That stuff is wild.

@Bastion I will be thinking of you on Monday! Let us know how it goes.

@Magpierainbow I'm watching some early P&R. It's like a comfort blanket to me now, lol!
Dear Caitlyn, I'm so glad that you've been given the chance, through some twist of fate or serendipity, to be able to have the headspace you both need and deserve. Such quirks of timing can be such a benison (one of my favourite words!) and I'm just so very pleased that you can step back and look at the situation objectively. You have your fiance for life, now, and I'm sure you'll be able to make the best choices for both of you, as a unit and individuals, in the near future. Have you decided when you might want to go, or are you going to explore further options re: your visa and see where the wind takes you? Love to you and Bump. xx

(I'm all right; I have upped my duloxetine meds and that, plus being away from Him, means I've been able to regain a sense of calm. xx)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Dear Caitlyn, I'm so glad that you've been given the chance, through some twist of fate or serendipity, to be able to have the headspace you both need and deserve. Such quirks of timing can be such a benison (one of my favourite words!) and I'm just so very pleased that you can step back and look at the situation objectively. You have your fiance for life, now, and I'm sure you'll be able to make the best choices for both of you, as a unit and individuals, in the near future. Have you decided when you might want to go, or are you going to explore further options re: your visa and see where the wind takes you? Love to you and Bump. xx

(I'm all right; I have upped my duloxetine meds and that, plus being away from Him, means I've been able to regain a sense of calm. xx)
I'm glad. I have a good feeling about your meeting with the university. xx

My fiancé has worked very hard for the job he has now so I won't do anything to jeopardise that. So we'll see what his boss says next week. If he absolutely has to be physically in the office from next week, I will join him. And then we need a few answers to some visa questions. So we'll wait for all the information to come in and then talk about it when he's back. He's going all the question asking and I'm doing paperwork to stay one step ahead of whatever we decide to do!

@Penguin86 ah ok gotcha.

I finally went to Lush today! And got a bubble bar for this evening :)

• Heart
I'm glad. I have a good feeling about your meeting with the university. xx

My fiancé has worked very hard for the job he has now so I won't do anything to jeopardise that. So we'll see what his boss says next week. If he absolutely has to be physically in the office from next week, I will join him. And then we need a few answers to some visa questions. So we'll wait for all the information to come in and then talk about it when he's back. He's going all the question asking and I'm doing paperwork to stay one step ahead of whatever we decide to do!

@Penguin86 ah ok gotcha.

I finally went to Lush today! And got a bubble bar for this evening :)
Thank you for your good wishes - and we know you can manifest ANYTHING out of thin air...
You sound so much happier and more relaxed now - it's lovely to see. And I'm so glad that you have such a strong partnership. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Hi @Autisteuse. I'm glad things are getting better for you. If only you could stay away from him forevermore. Happy to hear the duloxetine is helping, it's been a godsend to me. I don't know what dosage you are on but don't be afraid to go as high as you need to. As I said in the previous thread it cured me of anxiety in all but the most trying of circumstances. The dose that works for me is 60mg in the morning and 120mg in the evening. We're all different so I appreciate it might be a lot lower for you but I just wanted to say what I take so you know going higher can benefit if needed. Thinking of you ❤

• Heart
@Autisteuse @Bastion and for all our lovely turds, I'm thinking of you all.View attachment 1025593
My first internet hug - and a teddy to boot! I feel blessed xxx

Hi @Autisteuse. I'm glad things are getting better for you. If only you could stay away from him forevermore. Happy to hear the duloxetine is helping, it's been a godsend to me. I don't know what dosage you are on but don't be afraid to go as high as you need to. As I said in the previous thread it cured me of anxiety in all but the most trying of circumstances. The dose that works for me is 60mg in the morning and 120mg in the evening. We're all different so I appreciate it might be a lot lower for you but I just wanted to say what I take so you know going higher can benefit if needed. Thinking of you ❤
Bless you, Bastion. I'm hoping that I can somehow arrange to get away from him permanently but I do fear for my mother. She's my best friend, much like my alter ego (though neurotypical), my champion - I would do anything for her and can't imagine the world without her. He used to hurt her too, but played the victim so successfully for so many years that he fooled her and took advantage of her goodness. I want us both to get out of here. I lso don't want us to be homeless. Too frightening to think about.
The duloxetine is wonderful stuff. At the lower doses it makes me really tired, but more paradoxically gives me energy. I'm so glad it is working so well for you!
I understand you have an important meeting on Monday as well, at work? Can I wish you the very best of all good luck, and that all my thoughts and prayers go with you? Please let us know how it goes the minute you step out of there. You're a lovely, caring, deeply admirable individual and you deserve the best possible treatment. xxx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Thank you for your good wishes - and we know you can manifest ANYTHING out of thin air...
You sound so much happier and more relaxed now - it's lovely to see. And I'm so glad that you have such a strong partnership. xx
@Caitlyn130 are you taking orders? If so,
can you have a go at manifesting Tom Hardy in my life just for this evening please. I’ve tried to do it but don’t seem to have your knack.

• Haha
@Caitlyn130 are you taking orders? If so,
can you have a go at manifesting Tom Hardy in my life just for this evening please. I’ve tried to do it but don’t seem to have your knack.
Well look guys I don't want to brag but....
You know how I was saying a few months ago that I was desperate to get a cat?
Well this has walked in my house and made itself at home. (We are currently looking for its owner.)

20220129_172426.jpg

I know, I know. It's not a cat. I'm still refining my skills. So I'll try for Tom Hardy but if Tom Hanks shows up....

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So, if you really had to whittle it down to just 3, who are your top 3 Celeb crushes? I’ll go first:

Colin Firth
Tom Hardy
Richard Armitage
4CDFFD8A-CFBE-49DC-AD57-29174036DA3C.jpeg
16F0535F-A9DB-4B19-9EA5-A97180BABB67.jpeg
D258D2E0-BF8D-44C7-8E3D-F2F50BD054D3.jpeg

Well look guys I don't want to brag but....
You know how I was saying a few months ago that I was desperate to get a cat?
Well this has walked in my house and made itself at home. (We are currently looking for its owner.)

View attachment 1025647

I know, I know. It's not a cat. I'm still refining my skills. So I'll try for Tom Hardy but if Tom Hanks shows up....
Aw what a cutie 😍

Happy with Tom Hanks too, I’m sure he’d be entertaining, not in the same way as Hardy but beggars and choosers and all that!

• Haha
  • Heart
It's incredible to think that if your flight hadn't been cancelled you would never have had the opportunity to think of these alternative plans. Everything you say about your partner makes him sound really lovely. It seems that you both really respect each other and both of you can compromise. Believe me when I say that lots of other couples don't have that.

I'm still not feeling anxious about the meeting yet but I know I won't be able to sleep Sunday night. I've never met or spoken to this senior manager and you can be sure my own 2 managers will have made it sound like I am the problem.
I haven't been keeping up blame work and me getting waylayed 💙 I remember we spoke about this last week at about 2am one day 😂 I just wanted to make sure you have a representative going with you either work rep or colleague or someone? It not turn on your phone recorder and tell them you are recording the meeting. You need to have a voice and either someone to take the information in with you or evidence to listen to after. Good luck as I said to you before you are in the right. If you need anything give me a shout xxxx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.