Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ninjacat

What time does everyone 2.5yo go to bed? My son goes to bed about 8.15/8.30 and is up for the day anywhere between 7.40-8am. I shouldn’t moan because he does a good stretch and we’ve had our fair share of 6am wake ups to know better.

At the mo he seems to be taking soooo long to get to sleep, he’s still having a 1.5hr nap (wake up approx 3pm latest) so I’m not sure if I should just leave him to drop his nap on his own or try to cap it a little
My boy goes to bed between 6-7, he was up today at 6am 😴 He dropped his nap as soon as lock down began. When he napped he would go to bed between 7.30 - 8pm. It's a fine balance isn't it!

Bec3007

VIP Member
so glad to hear a positive report! When my husband next does the shop he’s gonna grab a potty, something else peppa bleedin’ pig in the house 😑😂
The first 4-5 days I would tell him to use the potty every hour or so. After about a week, he knew when he needed to go and now 2.5 weeks on he tells me. Tbh I totally winged it 😂 Peppa is banned in this house, I’ve never seen an episode 🙌🏼 I have been hulk smashing and spider webbing around the house though because he’s obsessed with superheroes currently 🙃

Niamhm

Chatty Member
Aw, my daughter is the same! Good on you for cracking it, it’s sweet how they change their minds about something if they see someone else doing it. No older siblings here so have to make do with distractions and letting her have a go. Tried showing her the Tombliboos brushing their teeth but it made her sob hysterically 🤣
I know it is so tough! But it's also one of those parenting things most people never mention so you think it's just you! My lb has 10 teeth now so I'm grateful we've atleast sorted a short term resolution

Flossy2019

VIP Member
My daughter is exactly the same and she's 2. The things I have tried are the baby teeth wipes, the toothbrush you stick over your finger, brushing them at the same time as her and then literally just pinning her down and brushing them whilst she screams the house down! My most successful when she was one was the toothbrush over the finger, and now I have a child's electric toothbrush which I let her use with some children's apple toothpaste, which is her favourite flavour. I find the electric toothbrush is better because if she only lets me brush for a few seconds atleast it is doing more brushing than I could do with a manual toothbrush!

Toothbrushing is a nightmare isn't it. I think it's the second hardest thing to do after putting eyedrops in their eyes 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 x

So do I! I need somewhere with people that are on my wavelength with parenting that isn't all flowers and rainbows and the pretence that it's forever the most amazing thing to do in the world!

That is exactly the same age gap as my two. My son was 8 when I gave birth to my daughter. He ended up witnessing the full birth as I gave birth at home, unexpectedly. It was a big shock for us all but for him,. He woke up at 1am to me, legs akimbo, on the bathroom floor, pushing out a baby! The only thing he said to me was 'Mummy, you said babies come out of your belly button, but Sofia's coming out of your line'!!!! 🤭🤦🏼‍♀️😂! Although he was very sweet, I went into shock afterwards and was freezing cold shivering on the floor and was screaming at my other half to get me the duvet off the bed, and William comes in with his tiny Spiderman fleece blanket lol!

I was terrified to go through it all again, but I needn't have been. It all comes back to you as if it was yesterday and you'll be so much more relaxed once baby's here. Also don't lure yourself into a false sense of security, like I did, thinking because of the big age gap they won't argue!!! Mine argue like bloody cat and dog! I can't believe how much William, who's now nearly 10, can get wound up by a bloody 2 year old! They drive me round the bend sometimes! X

Oh me too. Although I wouldn't change my life for the world, I do dream about going through quarantine without children and sleeping all day, binging on naff TV and the soaps!

Instead I'm refereeing a 9 and 2 year old, oh and a 34 year old who could be worse than the kids put together 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️! Roll on Lee going back to work on Monday! X
Whenever I try he either bites my finger by accident ouch!!he shouts at me which I need him to shout to open his mouth 😂 but he sticks his tongue in the way 😖😖

Prinfluencer

I have a 3year old girl. Very sassy, clever and funny.
Its just me and my hubby my parents live abroad and his across the country so it's tough at times.

I'm not sure if I want another I'm 35 soon so need to decide. Although I'm (more than) slightly overweight(affects effectiveness) with 3 weeks left on my implant during lockdown so decision could be made for me. 😂😂

Meangirl815

VIP Member
I have a 4yr old son and 2 daughters aged 5 & 6

I'm just pleased they have each other to be honest. They entertain each other way better than i ever could.

Our routine is screwed tho. My husband and all 3 kids are night owls. They are bed at midnight up at 10 am type kids 🙄🥴

grumpycat

VIP Member
2.5 year old here too, and also thinking about potty training. Think lockdown would be the perfect time to do it but tbh I don’t know where to start 😂 I’ve had his potty out for a few weeks now but he won’t go near and whinges if I mention it lol.
Our routine hasn’t changed much either he’s just missing out on parks and soft plays but he is loving having daddy at home each day. Been FaceTiming grandparents who I know are missing him like mad and he can’t wait to see them either. Heart breaks for them as they don’t understand what’s going on at the moment 😰 xx

Btw Hello everyone 👋🏼 I have a 2.5 year old boy called Louie and am 21 weeks pregnant with baby boy #2. We are super happy just not looking forward to the sleepless nights again haha! Louie is generally good and asleep by 7:30 each night so me and my fiancé have definitely got used to having the evenings to ourselves and just being able to chill (usually is me watching the soaps and then him on the xbox 🤣 such romantics!) so I’m trying to cherish every evening atm as we all know time to yourselves becomes a thing of the past with a newborn 😅 I’m hoping by the time the baby is here I have cracked Louies potty training, gotten rid of his milk bottle he still has before bed, and said goodbye to the dummies he still has at night 🙈
haha snap to all of this except I’m not pregnant 😂

we don’t have a potty, but we have been speaking about it to him and he’s been saying he’d like to so I know we need to introduce it. I’ve always heard boys are slow so I’m not in much of a rush

I hear ya on the dummy front though. All of a sudden he’s gotten v attached and asking for it all the time and I’m refusing to give in. I’m going to start getting much harder on it and just deal with the fall out. Tough though isn’t it!