Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Niamhm

Chatty Member
Hey, I have a 10 year old stepdaughter and a 1 year old little boy!
So happy to read other people's teeth brushing struggles! My son hates it, usually have to hold him down to do it but lately my sd has been doing hers at the same time so he let's us! 🙌

Reactions: 1

chocolate choux

VIP Member
that sounds so tough. especially if it’s hard to get out and about like normal and naturally tire them out

my son is a good sleeper but we have certainly had shit times with regression so I can get where you’re coming from!

today is a new day, try the same thing and maybe start a little bit of CIO? I know many people haaaaate it but we’ve tried phases of it, say a minute and then a shhhhh and comfort so they know you’re there, then a tiny bit longer. It’s absolutely horrible and I didn’t enjoy it but the very slow method we did helped him soon realise that we’re still close by and haven’t abandoned him.

we also did the gradual chair method(?!) where you move back slowly and slowly so you’re soon out of shot/the way. I do stay in the room until he falls asleep even now, but I’m out of sight x
Thank you, something definitely has to give, we usually co sleep because it means that I get a semi decent nights sleep but obviously that’s not happening right now! She has a cot so I think I’ll need to stick her in it and try ‘gentle’ CIO like you suggested. I know how horrible it is from trying before, you must’ve been strong to stick with it. Gradual chair method sounds like it could be useful, I’ll have a read up on it

Thanks again!

• Heart

KateESJ

VIP Member
Hi 💓

I’ve got three kiddos. J is 14 months, S just turned 4 and E would be 8 but we lost him when he was 4.

Losing it tbh. S enjoys being outside and going places and as much as I explain it to her I don’t think she really understands. J is going through some sleep regression and insists on being on the boob practically all night 🙃 Which is keeping both him and me awake, so that’s fun.

Our routine is non existent too. I was determined to keep it up but a huge part of our routine involved taking S to nursery, going to the shops, going on the park etc. We have our daily walks but they’re not really cutting it anymore.

grumpycat

VIP Member
Hi all 💖

I have son, almost 2.5 now. I think we need to start potty training and let’s just say I am notttttt ready for it.
We are lucky as our routine hasn’t really changed but he is missing his great grandparents lots and keeps asking for them 💔
I have to say I’m finding my patience fraught though, it’s so tough not having a break isn’t it?

• Sad

grumpycat

VIP Member
yeah I think tomorrow morning I’m going to put pants on him and explain the potty etc and keep prompting him and see how we get on. If it causes a meltdown tho I’ll put a nappy on him and try again in a few weeks!
haha yeah I stopped him having dummies during the day at the start of this year as I didn’t want it to delay his speech, but I think I will wait until he’a a bit older/ bit more understand and then we will have the dummy fairy come & take them away and leave him a present 😏
that’s what I thought would be best. He only has it for a nap or night but when he’s upset will ask, so we’ve had a blanket none in the day but of course dad gives in 😂😩

Flossy2019

VIP Member
That's exactly what Sofia does. I don't know how but she manages to cover all of her teeth with her tongue!

She's obsessed with my electric toothbrush, so I used to let her walk around with it whenever she wanted, in the hope she'd atleast accidentally catch every tooth. Then I bought her her own, and the novelty lasted all of two days before she wanted mine again. I don't mind her using it. It's just I dread to think what else she brushes with it. As I once caught her cleaning the bottom of her sandles with it once 🤢 x
Oh god!! I try and let him chew the brush but he doesn’t chew it on the two teeth thar need it the most 😂😂😂 the two that he had came up first really early and I’m just worried about plaque and stuff 😂 his other four are fine

Bec3007

VIP Member
I came on for potty advice. He’s not 2 until June - but is a smart lad. And we thought we’ll probably never get this much time again (without taking annual leave!) to really focus on training him.

We are putting him on ever 40 mins or so to see if he needs a wee. 9/10 he does. But he just is Not grasping that he needs to tell us. If he needs to go In between the 40 mins, he has an accident.

We’ve been doing it about 2 weeks now. Not wanting to give up - just needed to get it off my chest I guess. Feel like he’ll never get it.

Sent him to nursery today and I’m on pins over him wetting himself and the nursery nurses thinking it’s me being hopeless. Maybe I am!
That is why we just went for it because we are stuck in the house so may as well. Does he ever show you signs he needs a wee? Before my son could tell us, he would often hold himself. Thankfully we’ve never had many wee accidents, only a few poo ones in the first 10 days or so.

Remember though your little one isn’t even 2 yet so if he doesn’t get it, don’t feel disheartened or hopeless because you’re not. Most kids don’t potty train until nearer 3 anyway so he is still quite young x

Ranty McRantington

Hi all.. i’ve got a just-turned 9 month old little girl. She is a little dream in many ways (girl loves her sleep and food, like mama!!) , but she is also THE sassiest, most stubborn little thing i’ve ever met 😂 she’s been crawling for a few weeks now and is pulling herself up on all the things she shouldn’t be and quite frankly driving me nuts! Being stuck in the house with a 9 month old is tough, never did I think i’d be desperate to take her to soft play!! She’s also learnt how to fake cry. SOS 😂😩
My little girl is exactly the same. She was 2 in January. As a baby I was so lucky. She was literally perfect. I honestly don't mean to brag, she's no longer perfect!

She has always been a top sleeper, Ive been so lucky, up until she was one all she did was sleep and I had to wake her for feeding and changing when she was a little baby.

Then she turned one. Oh my golly gosh. She still sleeps, really well. Although she turned one and hit terrible bloody twos at the same time! Like yours, she is the most sassiest and stubborn little git! She has to do everything herself. It's her way or no way, or huge effing tantrum!

During her waking hours she is exhausting! She's used to being out and about constantly, so during lockdown she has been climbing the bloody walls!

Roll on this all being over! ♥

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
That is why we just went for it because we are stuck in the house so may as well. Does he ever show you signs he needs a wee? Before my son could tell us, he would often hold himself. Thankfully we’ve never had many wee accidents, only a few poo ones in the first 10 days or so.

Remember though your little one isn’t even 2 yet so if he doesn’t get it, don’t feel disheartened or hopeless because you’re not. Most kids don’t potty train until nearer 3 anyway so he is still quite young x
Thank you for replying!!

He’s so hit and miss. Sometimes he will grab himself, sometimes he will say “weewee”, sometimes he will just stop and zone out and sometimes he wets himself (most common!)

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
What time does everyone 2.5yo go to bed? My son goes to bed about 8.15/8.30 and is up for the day anywhere between 7.40-8am. I shouldn’t moan because he does a good stretch and we’ve had our fair share of 6am wake ups to know better.

At the mo he seems to be taking soooo long to get to sleep, he’s still having a 1.5hr nap (wake up approx 3pm latest) so I’m not sure if I should just leave him to drop his nap on his own or try to cap it a little
My three year olds go to be between 8 and 8.30, on occasion it’s even been pushed to 9. We’ve tried earlier and it just didn’t work and they had terrible nights of sleep.

Flossy2019

VIP Member
Erm this was me today 😭 all she did was whinge I tried everything in the end i abandoned her dinner and put her in the bath early to play. Im hoping she was just having an off day. This lockdown is hard working and entertaining an 11 month old who wants you all the time. I don’t even know what day it is 😂😂😂
He’s teething I think and sometimes nothing suits. He managed his tea but he’s fast asleep now has been since half 7 thank the lord. My head is banging 😂😂 hope you have a better day tomorrow x

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
Does anyone have any good tips for brushing baby’s teeth. My one year old hatesssss it I can’t get him to open his mouth without him sticking his tongue over his teeth 🤨🤨 ps he only has 6 teeth so far 😀but they are just sooooo lovely and white I want to keep them clean🤣
I find with my 14 month old I have to make her laugh while brushing her teeth so i can get the brush in her mouth lol,it’s hard because what makes her laugh one week doesn’t work the next week so I have to keep working on it and I’m definitely not getting them brushed for as long as I would like

I’m currently pregnant with my second and I’m very nervous as my first was one of those dream babies that I thought was a myth so I know I’ve been completely spoilt rotten and am dreading the second one being an absolute nightmare!
I really want three kids but realistically in terms of finance and space etc it looks like this will be it for us so I’m finding this a bit tricky too!

grumpycat

VIP Member
What time does everyone 2.5yo go to bed? My son goes to bed about 8.15/8.30 and is up for the day anywhere between 7.40-8am. I shouldn’t moan because he does a good stretch and we’ve had our fair share of 6am wake ups to know better.

At the mo he seems to be taking soooo long to get to sleep, he’s still having a 1.5hr nap (wake up approx 3pm latest) so I’m not sure if I should just leave him to drop his nap on his own or try to cap it a little

Annim

Hi. I have a 3.5 year old girl and I am 15 weeks pregnant. My daughter is the most active child I know. Its exhausting trying to entertain her whilst also pregnant. I usually work full time but now I've been at home because of the lockdown and I can't wait to get back to work.

Flossy2019

VIP Member
How are you lot coping with entertaining your little one?? Does anyone have any tips or ideas. I’m currently working mornings so I have all afternoon to occupy him and I just feel a bit bored and I’m sure he is too

Ranty McRantington

@LornaK I’m in fits of laughter here at your wee fella calling it your “line” 😂 I think my wee girl is kind of half clued in that they come out of your “line” sorry but that has cracked me up 😂 I’ve caught her before watching pregnancy and birth vlogs on YouTube 🙈 albeit, innocent ones of like youtubers aimed at a younger audience with the mother that’s pregnant. She will be all go with this one then no doubt as u say they’ll be killing each other, when she’s in my mums she does get pissed off with my sisters wee fella, he was one in December. Like huffing and puffing at him, but even though she’s almost 8 and is very advanced and mature, at the same time they are still little immature babies themselves ❤ (And little fuckers at the best of times) <— I sounded too mumsnetty so had to had that part 😂
Hahaha I've been re-typing things thinking I sound to mumsnetty too haha!

Oh my gosh I nearly wet myself when he said it! God knows where he got the word 'line' from! Even the two ambulance crews who turned up were in creases about it! I just replied with 'speak to your dad about it when he gets home' as I knew I'd be spending the next ten days in the hospital 😂😂😂! So when Lee got home from following us to the hospital in the ambulance, he said as soon as William woke up in the morning that was the first thing he asked!

Williams very mature for his age too. But when it comes to Sofia, my god, he's just a dickhead! Literally winds her up constantly, pokes her, pushes her, takes toys off her. You name it. It's like having two toddlers! Although I bet I won't be saying that this time in two years when I have an 11 year old and two toddlers! I'm soooo scared 😂 x