Tattle Tots

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a 17 month old daughter. She’s a good kid in general but sleep has always been an issue. I never noticed any sleep regressions before because she’s never slept well but the past 24 hours have taken the piss. Early hours of yesterday morning she was up for 2 hours, then refused to nap in the day for 4 hours, then took 4 hours past her bedtime to settle. So I spent literally 10 hours yesterday just trying to get her to sleep

I couldn’t even give up because if I did she’d cry and get herself into a state. She was obviously tired but wouldn’t sleep no matter what I tried. In the end she just seemed to pass out due to exhaustion

I’ve tried the cry it out method briefly before (HV advice) but she screamed non stop (up to over three hours straight) and kept having diarrhoea. She only settled when I changed her and calmed her myself

I’m so exhausted that I’m on the brink of trying it again. I don’t like it but I don’t know what else to do. The other methods I read about involve going in to comfort her then putting her back in the cot and leaving until she cries again. That wouldn’t work because she cries as soon as I put her down. As a single parent it’d just be me doing it which would be just as exhausting

Sorry for the rant I’m just at my wits end:sleep:
Does she not settle if you cuddle her? I’m one of these mums if he’s crying and won’t settle I just find it easier to cuddle him to sleep he gets more worked up and then won’t sleep if I leave him and I can’t stand hearing him cry it out really loud I feel he would get a sore throat 😂😂 I am soft tho! He’ll probably be in my bed til he’s 6🙄😂 I just don’t like seeing him upset and it only takes a few minutes for him to go to sleep if I’m next to him

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The first 4-5 days I would tell him to use the potty every hour or so. After about a week, he knew when he needed to go and now 2.5 weeks on he tells me. Tbh I totally winged it 😂 Peppa is banned in this house, I’ve never seen an episode 🙌🏼 I have been hulk smashing and spider webbing around the house though because he’s obsessed with superheroes currently 🙃
I came on for potty advice. He’s not 2 until June - but is a smart lad. And we thought we’ll probably never get this much time again (without taking annual leave!) to really focus on training him.

We are putting him on ever 40 mins or so to see if he needs a wee. 9/10 he does. But he just is Not grasping that he needs to tell us. If he needs to go In between the 40 mins, he has an accident.

We’ve been doing it about 2 weeks now. Not wanting to give up - just needed to get it off my chest I guess. Feel like he’ll never get it.

Sent him to nursery today and I’m on pins over him wetting himself and the nursery nurses thinking it’s me being hopeless. Maybe I am!

Reactions: 1
I came on for potty advice. He’s not 2 until June - but is a smart lad. And we thought we’ll probably never get this much time again (without taking annual leave!) to really focus on training him.

We are putting him on ever 40 mins or so to see if he needs a wee. 9/10 he does. But he just is Not grasping that he needs to tell us. If he needs to go In between the 40 mins, he has an accident.

We’ve been doing it about 2 weeks now. Not wanting to give up - just needed to get it off my chest I guess. Feel like he’ll never get it.

Sent him to nursery today and I’m on pins over him wetting himself and the nursery nurses thinking it’s me being hopeless. Maybe I am!
That is why we just went for it because we are stuck in the house so may as well. Does he ever show you signs he needs a wee? Before my son could tell us, he would often hold himself. Thankfully we’ve never had many wee accidents, only a few poo ones in the first 10 days or so.

Remember though your little one isn’t even 2 yet so if he doesn’t get it, don’t feel disheartened or hopeless because you’re not. Most kids don’t potty train until nearer 3 anyway so he is still quite young x

Does she not settle if you cuddle her? I’m one of these mums if he’s crying and won’t settle I just find it easier to cuddle him to sleep he gets more worked up and then won’t sleep if I leave him and I can’t stand hearing him cry it out really loud I feel he would get a sore throat 😂😂 I am soft tho! He’ll probably be in my bed til he’s 6🙄😂 I just don’t like seeing him upset and it only takes a few minutes for him to go to sleep if I’m next to him
Ah bless you, I’m the same type of mum, we make a rod for our own backs! I usually do the same as you and it works, it’s just the past few days nothing has been helping her settle and I’m knackered from trying everything. From what I’ve read online a sleep regression is expected at this age so doesn’t seem like there’s much I can do :sleep: trying to remember that it won't last forever though!

• Heart
That is why we just went for it because we are stuck in the house so may as well. Does he ever show you signs he needs a wee? Before my son could tell us, he would often hold himself. Thankfully we’ve never had many wee accidents, only a few poo ones in the first 10 days or so.

Remember though your little one isn’t even 2 yet so if he doesn’t get it, don’t feel disheartened or hopeless because you’re not. Most kids don’t potty train until nearer 3 anyway so he is still quite young x
Thank you for replying!!

He’s so hit and miss. Sometimes he will grab himself, sometimes he will say “weewee”, sometimes he will just stop and zone out and sometimes he wets himself (most common!)

Ah bless you, I’m the same type of mum, we make a rod for our own backs! I usually do the same as you and it works, it’s just the past few days nothing has been helping her settle and I’m knackered from trying everything. From what I’ve read online a sleep regression is expected at this age so doesn’t seem like there’s much I can do :sleep: trying to remember that it won't last forever though!
Aww no never feel bad for not leaving them to cry. I hate the saying 'Youre making a rod for your own back' my wicked MIL says it to me ALLLLLL the time. Whether or not it's true it's a load of bull. We do what we think is right for OUR children. Stuff anyone else and what they think. I'm exactly the same. I can not stand to hear my daughter get upset and then beside herself because I'm not there to comfort her! ,,

So, as you all know I'm recently pregnant. 6 weeks exactly.

This is my third baby.

Did anyone else get super bloated really early, not baby bloated, like water retention bloated?

As soon as it gets to midday I'm finding that I have to take off my normal jeans/trousers and even pants (sorry tmi), for jogging bottoms/leggings and big girl boxer type pants. It's soooo uncomfortable. It's ok for now as I'm not going anywhere, but I can only see it getting worse not better.

I also get super breathless, but I did get this with my daughter, last pregnancy, really early on too and the midwife said it's normal, just hormonal! Xxx

Reactions: 2
Aww no never feel bad for not leaving them to cry. I hate the saying 'Youre making a rod for your own back' my wicked MIL says it to me ALLLLLL the time. Whether or not it's true it's a load of bull. We do what we think is right for OUR children. Stuff anyone else and what they think. I'm exactly the same. I can not stand to hear my daughter get upset and then beside herself because I'm not there to comfort her! ,,

So, as you all know I'm recently pregnant. 6 weeks exactly.

This is my third baby.

Did anyone else get super bloated really early, not baby bloated, like water retention bloated?

As soon as it gets to midday I'm finding that I have to take off my normal jeans/trousers and even pants (sorry tmi), for jogging bottoms/leggings and big girl boxer type pants. It's soooo uncomfortable. It's ok for now as I'm not going anywhere, but I can only see it getting worse not better.

I also get super breathless, but I did get this with my daughter, last pregnancy, really early on too and the midwife said it's normal, just hormonal! Xxx
I’ve not had it personally but wanted to say congrats on your pregnancy 💖

How are you lot coping with entertaining your little one?? Does anyone have any tips or ideas. I’m currently working mornings so I have all afternoon to occupy him and I just feel a bit bored and I’m sure he is too

How are you lot coping with entertaining your little one?? Does anyone have any tips or ideas. I’m currently working mornings so I have all afternoon to occupy him and I just feel a bit bored and I’m sure he is too
I turned her bedroom into a soft play area and put all the sofa cushions in there because we live in a small flat and I know she gets bored #mumguilt and I had a massive cardboard box so i put her in there and let her go crazy with paint.... made her play dough and she wasn’t interested 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m still working so he comes to the office though I feel so bad he’s not getting the bits of fun he used to do when he was at pre-school 2 mornings.
I try to get him colouring, and when we get home, we are straight to the garden or for a walk. we got some sand in our shop at Tesco and it’s been such a godsend!

Hey, I have a 10 year old stepdaughter and a 1 year old little boy!
So happy to read other people's teeth brushing struggles! My son hates it, usually have to hold him down to do it but lately my sd has been doing hers at the same time so he let's us! 🙌

I worked this morning and all my child has done since 130 is moan 😬😬 I’m losing the will to live. I pick him up he cries I put him down he cries I give him his drink he cries I change his nappy he cries I put tv on he cries 😂😂😂hes only happy when he’s waving at the dog 🤪 bath and bed I think. For both of us 😭😭😭😭 he took his first steps today without holding on🤩

I worked this morning and all my child has done since 130 is moan 😬😬 I’m losing the will to live. I pick him up he cries I put him down he cries I give him his drink he cries I change his nappy he cries I put tv on he cries 😂😂😂hes only happy when he’s waving at the dog 🤪 bath and bed I think. For both of us 😭😭😭😭 he took his first steps today without holding on🤩
It's hard when they dont know what they want and you dont know what they want!! But well done on taking his first steps 💜

• Heart
Erm this was me today 😭 all she did was whinge I tried everything in the end i abandoned her dinner and put her in the bath early to play. Im hoping she was just having an off day. This lockdown is hard working and entertaining an 11 month old who wants you all the time. I don’t even know what day it is 😂😂😂

Erm this was me today 😭 all she did was whinge I tried everything in the end i abandoned her dinner and put her in the bath early to play. Im hoping she was just having an off day. This lockdown is hard working and entertaining an 11 month old who wants you all the time. I don’t even know what day it is 😂😂😂
He’s teething I think and sometimes nothing suits. He managed his tea but he’s fast asleep now has been since half 7 thank the lord. My head is banging 😂😂 hope you have a better day tomorrow x

Hey, I have a 10 year old stepdaughter and a 1 year old little boy!
So happy to read other people's teeth brushing struggles! My son hates it, usually have to hold him down to do it but lately my sd has been doing hers at the same time so he let's us! 🙌
Aw, my daughter is the same! Good on you for cracking it, it’s sweet how they change their minds about something if they see someone else doing it. No older siblings here so have to make do with distractions and letting her have a go. Tried showing her the Tombliboos brushing their teeth but it made her sob hysterically 🤣

• Haha
Hi all!! I have an 8year old son and 4year old daughter. They're amazing, obviously. But, omg sometimes they argue continually non stop. At times they can be great, but during this lockdown jeeeeez. I sometimes wonder if it because they are boy girl whether this is why they argue so much?! My friend has 2 boys and I am sure they do not bicker like my two do.

My daughter was a text book baby, napped and fed on cue and hit her milestones super early. Since we hit 2 though she has been a little handful. Mealtimes are generally a struggle, both my 2 have a small appetite but she will rarely try anything new.

This lockdown is a testing time. I am working from home while my husband has been furloughed. I sometimes think he is more challenging than the kids!!!!!!

Hi all!! I have an 8year old son and 4year old daughter. They're amazing, obviously. But, omg sometimes they argue continually non stop. At times they can be great, but during this lockdown jeeeeez. I sometimes wonder if it because they are boy girl whether this is why they argue so much?! My friend has 2 boys and I am sure they do not bicker like my two do.

My daughter was a text book baby, napped and fed on cue and hit her milestones super early. Since we hit 2 though she has been a little handful. Mealtimes are generally a struggle, both my 2 have a small appetite but she will rarely try anything new.

This lockdown is a testing time. I am working from home while my husband has been furloughed. I sometimes think he is more challenging than the kids!!!!!!
My brother is four years older than me and we used to fight (physically and verbally) like maaaad😂😂😂 so I reckon you’ve got a rough few years ahead 😂😂😂😂 I think you always get one fussy eater in the family. men are definitely worse than kids I think. Mine is anyway he’s a big baby himself 😬

4 years between me and my sister. We never had a proper conversation without arguing until I was 17/18. Many fist fights and arguments later, I can say our 20’s have made us the best of friends 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3