Tattle Tots

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi 💓

I’ve got three kiddos. J is 14 months, S just turned 4 and E would be 8 but we lost him when he was 4.

Losing it tbh. S enjoys being outside and going places and as much as I explain it to her I don’t think she really understands. J is going through some sleep regression and insists on being on the boob practically all night 🙃 Which is keeping both him and me awake, so that’s fun.

Our routine is non existent too. I was determined to keep it up but a huge part of our routine involved taking S to nursery, going to the shops, going on the park etc. We have our daily walks but they’re not really cutting it anymore.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone have any good tips for brushing baby’s teeth. My one year old hatesssss it I can’t get him to open his mouth without him sticking his tongue over his teeth 🤨🤨 ps he only has 6 teeth so far 😀but they are just sooooo lovely and white I want to keep them clean🤣
We have to brush our teeth at the same time as our little one does. She then "brushes" my teeth and I can brush hers 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Hi all 💖

I have son, almost 2.5 now. I think we need to start potty training and let’s just say I am notttttt ready for it.
We are lucky as our routine hasn’t really changed but he is missing his great grandparents lots and keeps asking for them 💔
I have to say I’m finding my patience fraught though, it’s so tough not having a break isn’t it?

• Sad
My daughter is exactly the same and she's 2. The things I have tried are the baby teeth wipes, the toothbrush you stick over your finger, brushing them at the same time as her and then literally just pinning her down and brushing them whilst she screams the house down! My most successful when she was one was the toothbrush over the finger, and now I have a child's electric toothbrush which I let her use with some children's apple toothpaste, which is her favourite flavour. I find the electric toothbrush is better because if she only lets me brush for a few seconds atleast it is doing more brushing than I could do with a manual toothbrush!

Toothbrushing is a nightmare isn't it. I think it's the second hardest thing to do after putting eyedrops in their eyes 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 x

So do I! I need somewhere with people that are on my wavelength with parenting that isn't all flowers and rainbows and the pretence that it's forever the most amazing thing to do in the world!

That is exactly the same age gap as my two. My son was 8 when I gave birth to my daughter. He ended up witnessing the full birth as I gave birth at home, unexpectedly. It was a big shock for us all but for him,. He woke up at 1am to me, legs akimbo, on the bathroom floor, pushing out a baby! The only thing he said to me was 'Mummy, you said babies come out of your belly button, but Sofia's coming out of your line'!!!! 🤭🤦🏼‍♀️😂! Although he was very sweet, I went into shock afterwards and was freezing cold shivering on the floor and was screaming at my other half to get me the duvet off the bed, and William comes in with his tiny Spiderman fleece blanket lol!

I was terrified to go through it all again, but I needn't have been. It all comes back to you as if it was yesterday and you'll be so much more relaxed once baby's here. Also don't lure yourself into a false sense of security, like I did, thinking because of the big age gap they won't argue!!! Mine argue like bloody cat and dog! I can't believe how much William, who's now nearly 10, can get wound up by a bloody 2 year old! They drive me round the bend sometimes! X

Oh me too. Although I wouldn't change my life for the world, I do dream about going through quarantine without children and sleeping all day, binging on naff TV and the soaps!

Instead I'm refereeing a 9 and 2 year old, oh and a 34 year old who could be worse than the kids put together 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️! Roll on Lee going back to work on Monday! X
Whenever I try he either bites my finger by accident ouch!!he shouts at me which I need him to shout to open his mouth 😂 but he sticks his tongue in the way 😖😖

Whenever I try he either bites my finger by accident ouch!!he shouts at me which I need him to shout to open his mouth 😂 but he sticks his tongue in the way 😖😖
That's exactly what Sofia does. I don't know how but she manages to cover all of her teeth with her tongue!

She's obsessed with my electric toothbrush, so I used to let her walk around with it whenever she wanted, in the hope she'd atleast accidentally catch every tooth. Then I bought her her own, and the novelty lasted all of two days before she wanted mine again. I don't mind her using it. It's just I dread to think what else she brushes with it. As I once caught her cleaning the bottom of her sandles with it once 🤢 x

• Haha
That's exactly what Sofia does. I don't know how but she manages to cover all of her teeth with her tongue!

She's obsessed with my electric toothbrush, so I used to let her walk around with it whenever she wanted, in the hope she'd atleast accidentally catch every tooth. Then I bought her her own, and the novelty lasted all of two days before she wanted mine again. I don't mind her using it. It's just I dread to think what else she brushes with it. As I once caught her cleaning the bottom of her sandles with it once 🤢 x
Oh god!! I try and let him chew the brush but he doesn’t chew it on the two teeth thar need it the most 😂😂😂 the two that he had came up first really early and I’m just worried about plaque and stuff 😂 his other four are fine

Hi all 💖

I have son, almost 2.5 now. I think we need to start potty training and let’s just say I am notttttt ready for it.
We are lucky as our routine hasn’t really changed but he is missing his great grandparents lots and keeps asking for them 💔
I have to say I’m finding my patience fraught though, it’s so tough not having a break isn’t it?
2.5 year old here too, and also thinking about potty training. Think lockdown would be the perfect time to do it but tbh I don’t know where to start 😂 I’ve had his potty out for a few weeks now but he won’t go near and whinges if I mention it lol.
Our routine hasn’t changed much either he’s just missing out on parks and soft plays but he is loving having daddy at home each day. Been FaceTiming grandparents who I know are missing him like mad and he can’t wait to see them either. Heart breaks for them as they don’t understand what’s going on at the moment 😰 xx

Btw Hello everyone 👋🏼 I have a 2.5 year old boy called Louie and am 21 weeks pregnant with baby boy #2. We are super happy just not looking forward to the sleepless nights again haha! Louie is generally good and asleep by 7:30 each night so me and my fiancé have definitely got used to having the evenings to ourselves and just being able to chill (usually is me watching the soaps and then him on the xbox 🤣 such romantics!) so I’m trying to cherish every evening atm as we all know time to yourselves becomes a thing of the past with a newborn 😅 I’m hoping by the time the baby is here I have cracked Louies potty training, gotten rid of his milk bottle he still has before bed, and said goodbye to the dummies he still has at night 🙈

Last edited:
2.5 year old here too, and also thinking about potty training. Think lockdown would be the perfect time to do it but tbh I don’t know where to start 😂 I’ve had his potty out for a few weeks now but he won’t go near and whinges if I mention it lol.
Our routine hasn’t changed much either he’s just missing out on parks and soft plays but he is loving having daddy at home each day. Been FaceTiming grandparents who I know are missing him like mad and he can’t wait to see them either. Heart breaks for them as they don’t understand what’s going on at the moment 😰 xx

Btw Hello everyone 👋🏼 I have a 2.5 year old boy called Louie and am 21 weeks pregnant with baby boy #2. We are super happy just not looking forward to the sleepless nights again haha! Louie is generally good and asleep by 7:30 each night so me and my fiancé have definitely got used to having the evenings to ourselves and just being able to chill (usually is me watching the soaps and then him on the xbox 🤣 such romantics!) so I’m trying to cherish every evening atm as we all know time to yourselves becomes a thing of the past with a newborn 😅 I’m hoping by the time the baby is here I have cracked Louies potty training, gotten rid of his milk bottle he still has before bed, and said goodbye to the dummies he still has at night 🙈
haha snap to all of this except I’m not pregnant 😂

we don’t have a potty, but we have been speaking about it to him and he’s been saying he’d like to so I know we need to introduce it. I’ve always heard boys are slow so I’m not in much of a rush

I hear ya on the dummy front though. All of a sudden he’s gotten v attached and asking for it all the time and I’m refusing to give in. I’m going to start getting much harder on it and just deal with the fall out. Tough though isn’t it!

haha snap to all of this except I’m not pregnant 😂

we don’t have a potty, but we have been speaking about it to him and he’s been saying he’d like to so I know we need to introduce it. I’ve always heard boys are slow so I’m not in much of a rush

I hear ya on the dummy front though. All of a sudden he’s gotten v attached and asking for it all the time and I’m refusing to give in. I’m going to start getting much harder on it and just deal with the fall out. Tough though isn’t it!
yeah I think tomorrow morning I’m going to put pants on him and explain the potty etc and keep prompting him and see how we get on. If it causes a meltdown tho I’ll put a nappy on him and try again in a few weeks!
haha yeah I stopped him having dummies during the day at the start of this year as I didn’t want it to delay his speech, but I think I will wait until he’a a bit older/ bit more understand and then we will have the dummy fairy come & take them away and leave him a present 😏

yeah I think tomorrow morning I’m going to put pants on him and explain the potty etc and keep prompting him and see how we get on. If it causes a meltdown tho I’ll put a nappy on him and try again in a few weeks!
haha yeah I stopped him having dummies during the day at the start of this year as I didn’t want it to delay his speech, but I think I will wait until he’a a bit older/ bit more understand and then we will have the dummy fairy come & take them away and leave him a present 😏
that’s what I thought would be best. He only has it for a nap or night but when he’s upset will ask, so we’ve had a blanket none in the day but of course dad gives in 😂😩

Hi. I have a 3.5 year old girl and I am 15 weeks pregnant. My daughter is the most active child I know. Its exhausting trying to entertain her whilst also pregnant. I usually work full time but now I've been at home because of the lockdown and I can't wait to get back to work.

2.5 year old boy club here. We’ve started potty training because it seemed the perfect time being stuck indoors and he’s doing better than I thought he would (seeing as they say boys are lazier). We video call family members plenty so he’s not missing them too much. His dad is still working throughout all of this and I feel lonelier than ever but I make sure we do plenty of fun things every day🙌🏼

Reactions: 3
2.5 year old boy club here. We’ve started potty training because it seemed the perfect time being stuck indoors and he’s doing better than I thought he would (seeing as they say boys are lazier). We video call family members plenty so he’s not missing them too much. His dad is still working throughout all of this and I feel lonelier than ever but I make sure we do plenty of fun things every day🙌🏼
so glad to hear a positive report! When my husband next does the shop he’s gonna grab a potty, something else peppa bleedin’ pig in the house 😑😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
so glad to hear a positive report! When my husband next does the shop he’s gonna grab a potty, something else peppa bleedin’ pig in the house 😑😂
The first 4-5 days I would tell him to use the potty every hour or so. After about a week, he knew when he needed to go and now 2.5 weeks on he tells me. Tbh I totally winged it 😂 Peppa is banned in this house, I’ve never seen an episode 🙌🏼 I have been hulk smashing and spider webbing around the house though because he’s obsessed with superheroes currently 🙃

I have a 3year old girl. Very sassy, clever and funny.
Its just me and my hubby my parents live abroad and his across the country so it's tough at times.

I'm not sure if I want another I'm 35 soon so need to decide. Although I'm (more than) slightly overweight(affects effectiveness) with 3 weeks left on my implant during lockdown so decision could be made for me. 😂😂

I have a 17 month old daughter. She’s a good kid in general but sleep has always been an issue. I never noticed any sleep regressions before because she’s never slept well but the past 24 hours have taken the piss. Early hours of yesterday morning she was up for 2 hours, then refused to nap in the day for 4 hours, then took 4 hours past her bedtime to settle. So I spent literally 10 hours yesterday just trying to get her to sleep

I couldn’t even give up because if I did she’d cry and get herself into a state. She was obviously tired but wouldn’t sleep no matter what I tried. In the end she just seemed to pass out due to exhaustion

I’ve tried the cry it out method briefly before (HV advice) but she screamed non stop (up to over three hours straight) and kept having diarrhoea. She only settled when I changed her and calmed her myself

I’m so exhausted that I’m on the brink of trying it again. I don’t like it but I don’t know what else to do. The other methods I read about involve going in to comfort her then putting her back in the cot and leaving until she cries again. That wouldn’t work because she cries as soon as I put her down. As a single parent it’d just be me doing it which would be just as exhausting

Sorry for the rant I’m just at my wits end:sleep:

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I have a 17 month old daughter. She’s a good kid in general but sleep has always been an issue. I never noticed any sleep regressions before because she’s never slept well but the past 24 hours have taken the piss. Early hours of yesterday morning she was up for 2 hours, then refused to nap in the day for 4 hours, then took 4 hours past her bedtime to settle. So I spent literally 10 hours yesterday just trying to get her to sleep

I couldn’t even give up because if I did she’d cry and get herself into a state. She was obviously tired but wouldn’t sleep no matter what I tried. In the end she just seemed to pass out due to exhaustion

I’ve tried the cry it out method briefly before (HV advice) but she screamed non stop (up to over three hours straight) and kept having diarrhoea. She only settled when I changed her and calmed her myself

I’m so exhausted that I’m on the brink of trying it again. I don’t like it but I don’t know what else to do. The other methods I read about involve going in to comfort her then putting her back in the cot and leaving until she cries again. That wouldn’t work because she cries as soon as I put her down. As a single parent it’d just be me doing it which would be just as exhausting

Sorry for the rant I’m just at my wits end:sleep:
that sounds so tough. especially if it’s hard to get out and about like normal and naturally tire them out

my son is a good sleeper but we have certainly had tit times with regression so I can get where you’re coming from!

today is a new day, try the same thing and maybe start a little bit of CIO? I know many people haaaaate it but we’ve tried phases of it, say a minute and then a shhhhh and comfort so they know you’re there, then a tiny bit longer. It’s absolutely horrible and I didn’t enjoy it but the very slow method we did helped him soon realise that we’re still close by and haven’t abandoned him.

we also did the gradual chair method(?!) where you move back slowly and slowly so you’re soon out of shot/the way. I do stay in the room until he falls asleep even now, but I’m out of sight x

that sounds so tough. especially if it’s hard to get out and about like normal and naturally tire them out

my son is a good sleeper but we have certainly had tit times with regression so I can get where you’re coming from!

today is a new day, try the same thing and maybe start a little bit of CIO? I know many people haaaaate it but we’ve tried phases of it, say a minute and then a shhhhh and comfort so they know you’re there, then a tiny bit longer. It’s absolutely horrible and I didn’t enjoy it but the very slow method we did helped him soon realise that we’re still close by and haven’t abandoned him.

we also did the gradual chair method(?!) where you move back slowly and slowly so you’re soon out of shot/the way. I do stay in the room until he falls asleep even now, but I’m out of sight x
Thank you, something definitely has to give, we usually co sleep because it means that I get a semi decent nights sleep but obviously that’s not happening right now! She has a cot so I think I’ll need to stick her in it and try ‘gentle’ CIO like you suggested. I know how horrible it is from trying before, you must’ve been strong to stick with it. Gradual chair method sounds like it could be useful, I’ll have a read up on it

Thanks again!

• Heart
I have a 4yr old son and 2 daughters aged 5 & 6

I'm just pleased they have each other to be honest. They entertain each other way better than i ever could.

Our routine is screwed tho. My husband and all 3 kids are night owls. They are bed at midnight up at 10 am type kids 🙄🥴

Thank you, something definitely has to give, we usually co sleep because it means that I get a semi decent nights sleep but obviously that’s not happening right now! She has a cot so I think I’ll need to stick her in it and try ‘gentle’ CIO like you suggested. I know how horrible it is from trying before, you must’ve been strong to stick with it. Gradual chair method sounds like it could be useful, I’ll have a read up on it

Thanks again!
no problem ❤ We had the first few goes of being quite teary but I just explained I would be next door/outside and there’s no need to be scared, I’m right here and he kind of got the hang of it, I would leave him for 20/30 secs for the first bit and build it up. It took time but I’d much rather do that then go in hard and fast because it’s not my jam!

You could also try gradual separation in the day? We’ve had times where the minute I’d go out the room he’d cry blue murder from separation anxiety so I’d literally walk out, and then be talking from the other side of the door so that he knew I was still there/ then come back in and say ‘i told you mummy would be back!’ and kept it up so I wasn’t always right there with him.

Good luck 💓

• Heart