Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Goodness me. THIS is classic behaviour !!!! I'm witnessing a handful of so called 'influencers ' doing All of this right now !!!

They rightly get Called out for their crappy behaviour and then they're soon planning when they can move to step 8 . Uncanny !

So, so true.

Elle Darby in particular is no innocent victim. She is in effect a chip off the old block, her father Giles was a greedy corrupt banker (sp?) who despite already being a millionaire decided to commit a multi million pound fraud and went to prison as such.

This is a interesting article particularly the section on the “PR approach” and how HE became the victim. Quite eye opening.

A quick google search reveals lots of sympathetic post release interviews utilising words like “my hell” amid much hand wringing about being incarcerated with Mobsters, heroin dealers, and paedophiles. He was in prison for Holy Fucks Sake 🤯 What did he expect? And he was in prison because, y’know, he was GUILTY, and plead as such. People who are highlighting racial injustices in the criminal system are barking up the wrong tree, it’s money that buys “justice”.

As for Elle hasn’t she got form for trying to blag a free stay at a hotel and having a bit of a hissy fit when the owner told her to do one with a stick. Nasty entitled piece of work and I think 16 year old Elle is EXACTLY the same person as she is now. Sadly the facts are she will retain the bulk of her following.

Reactions: 10
I can't remember where I read this but it makes a good point:

'It is objectively hilarious, as a society, to have invented a whole class of people whose job is to film themselves pretending to be excited as they open boxes of free stuff. Even funnier, there’s a whole other class of people who choose to watch the first class of people opening their boxes of free stuff and pretending to look delighted, and then (this really is the good bit) will go and buy what they saw someone else get for nothing and pretend to be delighted with.'
the whole concept is very Black Mirror isnt it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This is the article where Baddiel said those things - https://archive.md/H79L9

Always makes me wonder if they were happy to talk about things like that in the 90s to journalists and think it was acceptable, what else did they get up to?
As an article from December 1992, that's nearly thirty years old. It's weird to think there's been news online since then. I don't think I'd even heard of the internet then. Only a small minority of people were online at that time, surely?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
As an article from December 1992, that's nearly thirty years old. It's weird to think there's been news online since then. I don't think I'd even heard of the internet then. Only a small minority of people were online at that time, surely?
It’s probably just been archived from the print version.

Reactions: 7
I can't remember where I read this but it makes a good point:

'It is objectively hilarious, as a society, to have invented a whole class of people whose job is to film themselves pretending to be excited as they open boxes of free stuff. Even funnier, there’s a whole other class of people who choose to watch the first class of people opening their boxes of free stuff and pretending to look delighted, and then (this really is the good bit) will go and buy what they saw someone else get for nothing and pretend to be delighted with.'
This made me laugh and then sigh deeply like a tired old bag. I’ve seen so much this week with racism, homophobia, privilege, ignorance and general lack of social awareness that I have to say, forget the influencers personally. We should just concentrate on cancelling the industry as a whole.

Why do we need this in 2022 seriously. Worshiping at the feet of strangers on the Internet in the masses, waiting to see what money they tell you to spend in that same day. It’s just unstable now. Chuck them all in room 101 and be done.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This made me laugh and then sigh deeply like a tired old bag. I’ve seen so much this week with racism, homophobia, privilege, ignorance and general lack of social awareness that I have to say, forget the influencers personally. We should just concentrate on cancelling the industry as a whole.

Why do we need this in 2022 seriously. Worshiping at the feet of strangers on the Internet in the masses, waiting to see what money they tell you to spend in that same day. It’s just unstable now. Chuck them all in room 101 and be done.
This post is worth worshiping at the feet of. Perfectly put 👌🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Yel

The whole influencer thing is total madness. People are paid to say how great several things are every week. At least with celeb endorsements they have one or two brands as side projects to their main job, totally different to influencers.

But influencers are nothing more than ads and it's sold as "authentic and genuine" recommendations by these people that occupy a weird space between celebs and friends for their followers. They're the antithesis of genuine and honest recommendations.

Why aren't there any documentaries or anything to show the lunacy? The closest I've seen in the mainstream is the episode of Emily in Paris where she shits all over the influencers that don't care about the brand and would promote anything.

Comment sections across the internet show the disdain the general public has for influencers. It's certainly not just tattle that see's them as a waste of space.

It seems like "the media" doesn't want to explore the industry. I thought the tide would turn years ago and tattle would fade into obscurity along with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
There’s just so much questionable about “influencers”

The ad thing in particular. In the real world, most of us hate being phoned up and sold tit, the majority of us Chuck any of them bronchures that come through the door to buy stuff… we also hate door salesman!

In the influencer world some of them have convinced shoppers they aren’t ads and sales people, it’s genuinely bewildering how many people can’t see they are being taken for a ride.

Part of me sometimes feels sorry for the people they fleece: I do think the majority of people have the skills to see beyond it but some of the comments from them, it’s sad they think that person is a friend. Some influencers even call their followers family and encourage odd behaviour with their own children.

Then there’s the using kids as content for money. Child actors are different, it’s clearly something that they like but the boundary is there with more actors that they aren’t having their personal lives used to their parents content! How can influencers assume their children will grow up to be ok with it? Why take the chance of losing a child when they grow up? I certainly would of considered what some of them do a total invasion of privacy and lack of respect from my parents. I’d have cut them off without question.

Lately it’s stretching to even using kids private medical diagnosis for clout and I truly think it’s awful. “Mum of autism” no, it’s not your autism, it’s your child’s and they may have wanted to grow up and keep that information hidden. I’m not saying it’s shameful, I believe that people can sometimes take years to adjust to having a disability and what makes them different. How dare these parents disrespect their child so much they take away their autonomy?

Imagine if another adult disclosed someone else’s private medical diagnosis without consent? That person would be shamed and people would be disgusted.

Why do the general public have this weird attitude towards parenting? It’s like they believe the mum and dad own the child till they turn 18. It’s actually our job to love and help them grow in a nurturing environment. People shouldn’t have kids if they can’t deal with the fact that person is separate to you and your wants and needs.

The oversharing of children is particularly worse when it’s influencers. I know many more celebrities who don’t disclose their kids names, lives and only take photos of the backs of them oe blurr faces. I can’t think of any influencer who does it as quite frankly, they know their sprogs are making them good money!

On a personal note, I don’t think aspirations of advertising on Instagram is a good influence and it’s definitely something I tell my kids is not a career or job

• Heart
Reactions: 21
No mention of Tattle but a good read about the influencer scene

“These are the engineers of the entrepreneurial self that has become ubiquitous in modern society. They’re the banal stock characters of TikTok and Instagram you see hustling, working on their brand (themselves) and cultivating a community that aspires to be just like them. And you should and can be just like them, if you buy into their pyramid scheme, like and subscribe, and live by their mantras – only that, for the many, this just means more debt and delusion.”

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Yel

Sorry ot, but rich and successful people are always going on about anyone can make it if they work hard enough.

Because they don't want to recognise that luck and being in the right place at the right time played a huge part in their success.

People like Alan sugar and Tom cruise have said pretty much the same as Molly Mae many times. Tom cruise seems to think anyone can make it as long as they work, work, work, work, work 🙄. So I can kinda see why Molly thought it was acceptable as she's probably heard so many others saying the same.

Reactions: 12
Sorry ot, but rich and successful people are always going on about anyone can make it if they work hard enough.

Because they don't want to recognise that luck and being in the right place at the right time played a huge part in their success.

People like Alan sugar and Tom cruise have said pretty much the same as Molly Mae many times. Tom cruise seems to think anyone can make it as long as they work, work, work, work, work 🙄. So I can kinda see why Molly thought it was acceptable as she's probably heard so many others saying the same.
We all have the same 24 hours, but we don’t all have the same start line or opportunities. And duck being an influencer tbh, could think of nothing worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The comments about anyone can do it is so incredibly thick I can’t even comprehend. Absolutely stinks of Ableism and just pure ignorance of the massive impact of many issues such as being born into poverty, being a child carer, belonging to a marginalised group, etc etc. for some reason, many reach people have absolutely zero comprehension of real life.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I can honestly say I'm not influenced or swoon over any influencer, they don't interest me. I don't understand people that do considering how the fame changes them in to cash hungry puppets.
Even if my friend gets a nice new coat I don't feel the need to go buy a matching one. You do you and I'll do me.
But I will criticise and give my opinion on them because we all have it in our nature to do so. How people can slate Tattle baffles me. Big Brother and Gogglebox is a prime example as to how we are intrigued watching people. We naturally pass judgement, we love a healthy debate and we are quick to identify behaviours that we dislike.
So Tattle on folks 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Major eye roll. He would have been much better off just staying silent.

Absolute bleeping CROCK. His daughter is influencing young and vulnerable people and with that comes the responsibility of policing your behaviours, words and actions. ANYONE could do her 'job' and when this influencer tit crashes (and it will) these fuckwits will have to get real. Mollie is desperately dumb and her words are ill-timed, patronising, out of touch and plain idiotic. As for Elle Darby, whether she was 16 or 86 when she wrote her tweets she is clearly a disgusting racist.

As for the 'be kind, people are committing suicide' schtick, how about people who might have killed themselves over Elle's tweets or people who become depressed because they cannot attain the 'perfect' life that these people delude themselves they are leading? Pathetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Big article about Tattle in the Daily Mail today. Am expecting an influx of new members.

Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 07.31.06.png

My favourite bit is where the author (Hi Clare!! Thanks for registering x) says many of us are "remarkably articulate". Sorry to disappoint that we're not all sitting at home going 'goo goo ga ga' whilst pointing excitedly at daytime telly. Annoying that these articles never, ever mention Jack Monroe even though she's the grist of some of our most popular threads.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Big article about Tattle in the Daily Mail today. Am expecting an influx of new members.

View attachment 998794

My favourite bit is where the author (Hi Clare!! Thanks for registering x) says many of us are "remarkably articulate". Sorry to disappoint that we're not all sitting at home going 'goo goo ga ga' whilst pointing excitedly at daytime telly. Annoying that these articles never, ever mention Jack Monroe even though she's the grist of some of our most popular threads.
I alway thought a 'troll' or 'trolling' was setting up a fake account to comment/dm hateful and nasty things directly to the person. Since when was any form of critism whatsoever regarded as trolling?

Reactions: 42

I love it when the daily mail is the morality police for gossip. 😆 are they targeting immigrants today like they do most days?

"Stunned by the viteral" on here and the worst examples is calling Mrs hinch a twit or Katie price a drugged up idiot. Hang on didn't the daily mail put Katie price with a druggie headline on their cover? They've done loads of articles on her saying the exact same. The hypocrisy 🤡

The amount of articles they get from reading here, like the Alice evens thread.

Sadly it's not more popular than Mumsnet, they've pulled those figures from thin air and doesn't get anywhere near that number of visitors.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 44