Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These are the videos mentioned by the article. So many influencers were egging on a silly man with a very low IQ to do exactly what they complain tattle does.

It’s excruciating trying to listen to him in these videos. He can’t string a coherent sentence together and it’s all written down in front of him! Jesus it’s embarrassing!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It’s excruciating trying to listen to him in these videos. He can’t string a coherent sentence together and it’s all written down in front of him! Jesus it’s embarrassing!!!!!
He repeats himself like Fred Elliot, I say he repeats himself like Fred Elliot.

"Anominous throlling." "Questioning the valadidity of charities" He can't even read his own notes.😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I'm so confused, the author of the piece used the term 'glowed down' as an example of the VILE ABUSE people receive on here.

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 17.19.14.png

And yet ..... 🤔🤔

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 17.18.49.png

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Skimmed the article. So aside from conflating the evils Tattle with what happened to that MP and a wrongfooted doxxing attempt, they basically cherrypicked some unfair criticism of influencers (always the calls to social services, can anyone point to a case of that actually happening) and ignored the swathes of legitimate critique of influencing practice on here: monetizing children, fraud, undeclared adverts, exploitation and dishonesty. Maybe if the Guardian took more of a critical look at social media influencers and bloggers, there'd be less of a need for tattle.

And yeah, there's still some nasty misogyny on Reddit. I have an account because plenty of its subreddits are innocuous and cover topics I'm interested in, but you don't have to look that hard. God knows about Kiwi farms and 4chan. But hey, those forums are male dominated and boys will be boys, eh
So true. Leave the boys alone. Let then threaten to rape JKR on Twitter.
The fact Tattle is largely female and free thinking is what enrages. The comments on the Daily Mail are far worse than anything I have seen here. The guardian is all for cancel culture

• Heart
Reactions: 28
It's evident that the only misogyny that they should be concerned about is the misogyny by the critics of Tattle aimed at the women on here. Calling tattle posters malicious female trolls is f*****g disgraceful. Have they ever investigated the thousands of angry Incel sites that are everywhere.

I understand that there are some comments made that could be potentially seen as nasty but they are a minority and people are pulled up on those comments

• Heart
To me, what it's about is gatekeeping. I've probably said it before on this very thread, but a lot of these blue ticks (and ~highbrow~ journalists) see some of the threads on here as threatening simply because they can't control the narrative. Being questioned or critiqued is not something they're used to, and nor do they want to get used to it. They're protecting their platforms and protecting their privilege. And for all their talk about being concerned about the mental health of influencers and online oversharers, they happily throw tattle users under the bus by smearing us as suffering from mental health problems or being ~deeply unhappy~ or whatever. It's such appalling hypocrisy. We're posting messages on an internet forum. Just like you are!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
It's also interesting that these articles never mention proven scammers like Sarah Akwisombe?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This is not the first ‘guru gossip’ forum I’ve used and it won’t be the last. What is a world without open discussion and criticism? We have influencers openly scamming their followers. Is pointing that out bullying and worse than them?

The only people who are against Tattle are the influencers whose reputation / scams are being damaged. Everyone else really doesn’t care that much. They’d be much better off convincing themselves that we’re all just jealous and lead miserable lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
It's also interesting that these articles never mention proven scammers like Sarah Akwisombe?
The influencing and media world is small, they've probably got professional ties to her and loads of the other scammers who are discussed here.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The article is a great ad for that internet lawyer, had the guy not already admitted that little can be done for even the most hateful extremist content (which we don't have on here). So I hope no one falls for him and thinks if they give him a few grand they can get comments here removed. Well done the guardian for promoting that 🤦‍♀️

Tattle doesn't even know who someone is unless they sign up with an outing email so it's near impossible to identify anyone.
Screenshot_20211124-183725_Chrome.jpg

This means little is off-limits, says internet lawyer Yair Cohen. He explains that because many gossip sites originated in America, US law grants them almost total immunity from regulation.

The country’s laws on free speech mean even the most offensive views, such as Holocaust denial, are allowed to be aired there.

----

I find it funny how a petition from 3 years ago is always mentioned. The only reason it has any signatures is because we let it get posted on tattle and all the influencers fell for promoting it so only promoted tattle 😆.

It should have millions of signatures by now rather than the dismal 70k. Still it could have millions and it would be just as meaningless. Change org petitions dont make something legally binding when it gets a certain amount of signatures 🤪

Reactions: 19
I think this place is refreshingly honest. I've watched a few YouTubers and been very sceptical of some of their claims etc. Yet if I posted it on their videos, I'd get eviscerated by their blind fans, no matter how polite I was.

Whereas this place is filled with people who see it the same way and don't mind pointing that out.

Have these geniuses thought what would happen if Tattle did get closed down? (It won't). Something similar would spring up in its place. Of course it would. The fact it is so mega successful after just 3 years shows there is an enormous appetite for such a forum.
And anyone using twitter having the nerve to criticise here has their head firmly in the sand. I complained three times about a post which said a Jewish man who was murdered in Auschwitz 'got what he deserved' and last I checked it was still there.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
There is nothing I enjoy more than a freelance blue tick on Twitter get congratulated by other blue ticks for regurgitating stories than any VIP member on here could write as ‘well researched.’ Literally all Sirin has done is spoke to a couple of influencers, a management agency, a couple of ‘experts,’ a righteous Lawyer and Northern Ireland’s number one blagger Andy Malone (who broke the law on influencers behalf with their encouragement.)

That article said a whole lot of nothing aside from confirm that Tattle is more mainstream than people think. Which will obviously give lurkers the confidence to sign up. Congrats all round I think 😂.

(Oh FYI that Devon blogger that has SS called on her. It’s not Tattle members. It’s her Husbands Ex Wife. The receipt is on here. Total bad form from The Guardians crack research team there.)

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Heaven forbid they should consider nuance or the other side of stories...... There's an important one sides narrative to push don't you know? And those kind of things don't fit that..... 🤦‍♀️

"Group of women on website stop fake feminist conwoman and her conman lover from ripping off more vulnerable women after £1M scam" DEFINITELY doesn't 🤣😂🤣

Reactions: 8
Reactions: 3
All I see is a bunch of egos getting upset because not everyone worships the ground they walk on and *heaven forbid* had an opinion they dont agree with - even if its something like not agreeing an outfit 'works' or such like. Such is life if you make money as an influencer. You cant have your cake and eat it. OK, fair enough there is outright abuse and that's not right but people should be allowed to have an opinion surely? Are you only allowed to have an opinion if it inflates an influencer's ego? That's the narrative I get from a lot of these folk who go crying to journalists.

Calling Tattle "the most hate filled corner of the internet" is, well, massively naïve, I suppose. I mean, 4chan revels in calling itself the "Internet Hate Machine" (a name which came from a Fox News piece about it, iirc). GLP has horrific, sometimes violent racism, homophobia and sexism on every even vaguely contentious topic. I could go on. Tattle does sometimes get individual posts that I personally would consider homophobic, transphobic or sexist, but they are rare, and if they cross the line they get moderated. I've never seen overt racism or advocating violence here.

There is also the issue, as has been mentioned, that these articles assume that only women use this website. They're wrong.

Reactions: 19