Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

I never knew that

Chatty Member
I found this article in the Sunday Time today. Does anyone have a subscription to perhaps post some excerpts from the article. I see Josefiens's friend, Em Sheldon mentioned, but cannot read further as I don't subscribe. Let's see what they are complaining about.
View attachment 668885View attachment 668886
Oh my friend sent me a hack to get through the pay wall... I'll look back on what's app and see if I can find it...

Reactions: 2

Merpedy

VIP Member
to be fair the study is clearly based on a gendered focus. It’s reasonable that they would pick sites that are evidently used by primarily women

I think the point about victimisation is rather interesting 🤷🏼‍♀️

monga

VIP Member
She's obviously addicted to reading Tattle, and writing such a long essay that only criticises everything.

If she wrote about the truth then she would read on and establish how those of us on here have become "friends" albeit we've not met in person.

If she'd experienced the warmth and friendliness, the laughs we have and the way we look at the truth, she could have provided a comprehensive report about us.

If she only knew how Tattle helped me through COVID, what a difference that would have made to her write up.

And, if she'd cared to look at the H&M threads (where I spend most of my time) then she'd read how much we all support each other, debate, agree or disagree, and laugh so much. If she'd checked other threads like Tea and Sympathy she'd soon realise that we show compassion and feel comfortable sharing parts of our private life with virtual strangers.

I could go on, but my lovely Tattle family already know the benefits of coming here. 🥰
They never want to focus on the positives.

Lurker232323

And when you think about the wider internet (including twitter etc) these aren't actually bad stats lol??

I'd love to see how the claims made in this article were fact checked. This, for example, is absolute NONSENSE! You don't have to spend money to get a post deleted, you simply have to report it to the mods. And a post which showed someone's address would be taken down toot suite!

View attachment 884893
You'd think she'd appreciate the name being used if she's so broke ffs. Some influencer she is!

I'm so confused, the author of the piece used the term 'glowed down' as an example of the VILE ABUSE people receive on here.

View attachment 885482

And yet ..... 🤔🤔

View attachment 885484
Oh dear lord, hypocrisy at its finest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

L3moning

VIP Member
This what I don’t get? Have they been on Reddit? Or even mumsnet AIBU?
There I have seen cyber bullying.
The odd person who takes it too far on here is usually pulled up on it by fellow tattlers or disappears (I assume banned).

Let’s not forget some of the socking done by influencers themselves on here 🤣
GLP and 4Chan are the other obvious ones too.

monga

VIP Member
His daughter is so ghastly I could imagine her coercing him to walk round that bloody garden once she and her husband got a whiff of money/fame.
I bet he didn't even want to go to Barbados. Probably just wanted to be left alone to eat digestive biscuits and watch The Repair Shop.
His wretched family wanted that trip.
That’s what I’d like to think! But he was a canny old soul we’ll never know 😉

coconochanel

VIP Member
Yep, the world has moved on and influencers can now be awful value.

Take Zoella for example, her last book sold 10k copies. So the very idea that she has 10 million people ready to buy whatever product she suggests does not compute when she struggles to get 0.1% of her own followers to buy her own product that she promoted for ages.
I didn't know it sold such a few copies.

Eat My Shorts

VIP Member
I don't know if anyone saw it but when England beat Germany the other month there was a clip/photo of a little German girl upset in the crowd. I saw it shared because (presumably)England fans wrote some awful things about her in response. Then a guy set up a gofundme or similar for the litter girl. After that the guy's name was trending with #ponce etc. They searched his tweets and innocuous ones about spending time with his children were used as evidence he had a sexual interest in children. They also doctored a profile from a fetishism site to show his details and the age of children he was supposedly interested in. Horrendous. A completely ordinary bloke who set up a fundraiser.
I'm not sure where I'm going with this really but there were no calls to "ban twitter" I suppose is my point. People do maliciously contact children's services (it's happened to me after an argument at work, my then team leader did it anonymously to me). I've known someone be reported to HMRC after an argument at a local constituency Labour Party meeting. This happened pre internet, pre Tattle and post it. If it is co-ordinated here obviously that's a different matter but this site can not be accountable or police what people do off it.
Apologies for the rambling post but just like newspapers which are threatened by social media used to have FB/Twitter scare stories all the time women's mags also have a declining readership. It seems weird to write an article like that assuming Glamour readers would not be posting here and so need an introduction to it in patronising terms. As for the odd bit about the ownership of the site - where, notice, tattle commentators suddenly become quotable sources - do some fucking research instead of meaningless innuendo.
Edited for clarity (ish)
wow. I heard about the appalling way the little girl was treated but no more than that! 😳

• Sad

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
Mighty Boosh had that guy who dressed as a gorilla. Perhaps that might be seen as speciesism to apes in a few years. Maybe that's not as far-fetched as we might think.

• Haha

Lechat

VIP Member
No idea sorry! Waiting for the recording to be added to bbc sounds. The previous poster mentioned tattle being named So assume they heard it live but wonder if they will edit the recording. The influencer making all these claims is Em Sheldon

Eggsandbeans

Indeed. All I said is these influencers are deluded if they think all people WANT to be fat and flabby (although promoting the psychological thing of not giving a fuck is a good thing). I think they didn’t like it because I pointed out many people don’t aspire to be overweight etc etc.

• Haha

monga

VIP Member
Omg that article 😬
How they can write this tripe 'users are at the very least, morally dubious'. Based on what?
And later on citing the case in the US of an obsessive fan killing a singer and YTer in 2016 (Christine Grimmie) and likening users on Tattle to that 😮
Unbelievable.
That’s what stood out for me..Shocking !