Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
Don’t suppose anyone saw cancelled on c4? Can’t get it on demand and wondered if sites would have been mentioned.
I think channel 4 are still having lots of technical issues, they seem to be in a bit of a mess since that sprinkler went off a couple of months ago!

Reactions: 2

Lechat

VIP Member
Interestingly the recording isn’t available yet on bbc sounds. Are they editing out some of the false claims I wonder

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Ooooh Marina Kim is "rattled by tattle" this morning 🤣😂🤣

She's on a bit of a tirade on twitter about being banned off here when she apparently signed up to rebuff some of the things said about her 😂

Yeah OK Marina, and the anger in your tweets suggests tattlers have got close to the truth 🖕
Oh God I thought you meant Marina Joyce for a minute there. I have no idea who Marina Kim is.

L3moning

VIP Member
Certain things said here might be libel if a UK court got hold of it, but thats not criminal, its a civil matter. And also expensive to sue for, especially since you now can't get legal aid for it.

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
This is the article where Baddiel said those things - https://archive.md/H79L9

Always makes me wonder if they were happy to talk about things like that in the 90s to journalists and think it was acceptable, what else did they get up to?
As an article from December 1992, that's nearly thirty years old. It's weird to think there's been news online since then. I don't think I'd even heard of the internet then. Only a small minority of people were online at that time, surely?

Last edited:

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Not derailing :cautious:, but have you seen this?
We.are.getting.more.famous.by.the day!:p

PS. I am of royal descent. Jus' sayin'. And I ❤underwater!
Mm when they say (and they have all without fail said it) 'it's so much more than commenting on my appearance, I don't mind that, it is the finding my address and posting it on line so I'm too scared to leave the house' I think they are being disingenuous.
I would be so pissed off if a group of strangers commented on my appearance. They are allowed to say that is their main gripe with here. Instead they make up a load of stuff about fearing for their lives and security issues to make out here is dangerous rather than bitchy. Which it can be. At times 🤭

L3moning

VIP Member
Have there ever been any negative very misleading articles about Mumsnet? I've only seen positive ones that are chucked together usually about some made up crap for attention like man on online dating sends a weird text.

Certainly never seen the onslaught of 100% negative press like tattle gets.
I think the Mail have done one before, although it was a while ago. There were also somewhat negative ones when all the politicians were doing "interviews" on Mumsnet.

Eggsandbeans

Influencers want to have their cake and eat it. I like tattle because so far I feel I can have an opinion and not get attacked for it - we can agree to disagree. I find Marcus Rashford annoying for example but doubt I would get kicked off the site for saying so. I made a comment about the body positive movement on reddit the masses didnt like and got kicked off the site!

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
This is willfully obtuse sorry - and sure the choice of animal you’re choosing to compare this to is no coincidence.

Google about the history of black face, it’s appalling and had no place on TV in Britain ever much less in the last few decades.
To be honest, it was just a throwaway funny comment. Sorry it if came across wrong. I wasn't intending to put down the objections to blackface.

L3moning

VIP Member
The difference is that Evy seems to have been using it almost as a form of self harm rather than as a way to control the narrative.

• Sad

Eggsandbeans

Censorship is everywhere now. I got banned from Reddit for offering an opinion the other week on the body positive movement. Obviously ruffled a few feathers so I got the boot.

• Wow

Eggsandbeans

Don’t suppose anyone saw cancelled on c4? Can’t get it on demand and wondered if sites would have been mentioned.