Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Greg James is funny on the podcast. Am surprised at who his uni housemate was!
John Kearns

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Series 15 confirmed to be airing from Thursday 30th March at 9pm!

Taskmaster has also been renewed for six more series plus a new spin off "Junior Taskmaster"

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Series 15 confirmed to be airing from Thursday 30th March at 9pm!

Taskmaster has also been renewed for six more series plus a new spin off "Junior Taskmaster"

I don't get the idea of a Junior version. Not convinced by it.

Also, two series a year of the main series is a lot of tasks to come up with. And I think it shows that they are struggling a bit to keep the tasks fresh.

I do worry very soon it's gonna go off a cliff quality wise.

Reactions: 8
I don't get the idea of a Junior version. Not convinced by it.

Also, two series a year of the main series is a lot of tasks to come up with. And I think it shows that they are struggling a bit to keep the tasks fresh.

I do worry very soon it's gonna go off a cliff quality wise.
I have the same concerns 😐

Reactions: 2
I dunno about the decreasing quality concerns.

It’s been two a year since the second series, aside from the presumably contractual year gap between Dave & Channel 4 series.

I think there are still plenty of tasks from foreign editions which can be plundered and you can riff on some tasks from the early series to revisit as well. I think it’s noticeable there tend to be fewer tasks per episode on average these days, despite the show being 4 minutes longer (think that was what was said on the podcast a while back).

I hope they bring in more sabotage, I really enjoyed when John sabotaged Sara and Fearne last series!

I dunno about the decreasing quality concerns.

It’s been two a year since the second series, aside from the presumably contractual year gap between Dave & Channel 4 series.

I think there are still plenty of tasks from foreign editions which can be plundered and you can riff on some tasks from the early series to revisit as well. I think it’s noticeable there tend to be fewer tasks per episode on average these days, despite the show being 4 minutes longer (think that was what was said on the podcast a while back).
Yes I'm working my way through the Taskmaster AU series 1, and have watched the NZ series and there's definitely lots of fun tasks that could be adapted or inspire new UK ones.

Yes I'm working my way through the Taskmaster AU series 1, and have watched the NZ series and there's definitely lots of fun tasks that could be adapted or inspire new UK ones.
Where can you easily watch the NZ series? I'm desperate to watch it - YouTube seems to just have clips or a few episodes 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Where can you easily watch the NZ series? I'm desperate to watch it - YouTube seems to just have clips or a few episodes 🤦‍♀️
Ohh I caught it on youtube a while ago I think. But for AU I've been watching on Dailymotion, might be worth searching for NZ there?

If you search for them on Reddit there’s someone who uploads there and includes English subtitles where needed

• Heart
New series starts tonight 🎉
Still completely bamboozled that Frankie "I Love The Taste Of Daily Mail Outrage In The Morning" Boyle is going on Taskmaster, of all the things. I know he's softened a lot this past decade, but still!

I predict a lot of screaming. I also predict Jenny Eclair will absolutely eat Little Alex Horne alive.

Kiell Smith-Bynoe is technically the 6th TM member who's been on Ghosts! Aside from the big obvious ones (Katy Wix, Charlotte Ritchie, Lolly Adefope), there's also been Jessica Knappett and Bridget Christie, who were both on it too.

There's a Ghosts to Taskmaster pipeline! Or is it the other way around? At this point the pipe is flowing in both directions.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Kiell Smith-Bynoe is technically the 6th TM member who's been on Ghosts! Aside from the big obvious ones (Katy Wix, Charlotte Ritchie, Lolly Adefope), there's also been Jessica Knappett and Bridget Christie, who were both on it too.

There's a Ghosts to Taskmaster pipeline! Or is it the other way around? At this point the pipe is flowing in both directions.
Hoping for Matt Baynton, Jim Howick or Martha Howe Douglas next then! 😂

Reactions: 6
I’m happy with this casting and we haven’t even finished the prize task.

(On an aside) I don’t think I can cope with rewatching any of the covid series. They just lost all soul without proper contestant / crowd interaction.

Reactions: 10
I’m happy with this casting and we haven’t even finished the prize task.

(On an aside) I don’t think I can cope with rewatching any of the covid series. They just lost all soul without proper contestant / crowd interaction.
The only COVID series moments I remember is when Mawaan grassed on Daisy breaking the rules, before it was as revealed all 5 got disqualified in the task and Greg was very disappointed. That moment he took would've been brilliant with a live studio audience to laugh along to it.

That and Mawaan making the cow disappear, fell in love with Mawaan, can you tell? 😆

Reactions: 6
It's so dull is Taskmaster s un funny, un original a lot of smug comedians I use that term very loosely Stewart Lee said it was all scripted and they have loads of writers who write the remarks they all get first dibs on who gets the best lines

Frankie Boyle is horrible he uses script writers too. And his routine about Katie Prices son was deplorable..

• Haha
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
That and Mawaan making the cow disappear, fell in love with Mawaan, can you tell? 😆
Mawaan was a cheeky, sneaky pasta snake, and I loved him. He and Mike Wozniak were real highlights of the Covid episodes.

It was a bit of a slow starter, as episode ones generally are on Taskmaster. I think Kiell came across very well, and Mae is very sweet.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.