Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Came away with a massive horn for Chris and Bridget equally. My bisexual heart had a fantastic season šŸ˜‚

Came away with a massive horn for Chris and Bridget equally. My bisexual heart had a fantastic season šŸ˜‚
Might I add: ā€œthey wanted to be nursed in these breastsā€ made me choke. Judi is brilliant.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Like other posters, I wasn't feeling it when they announced the line up. But I throughly enjoyed this series. I laughed so much during that final episode, it was brilliant!

• Heart
This has been one of my favourite series for a while.
Judi hijacking the bike from alex was amazing and just seeing him absolutely lose control of the situation

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Season 3 of NZ cast announced- thought Chris Parker had to be a shoo in so not surprised by him at all, looks like it could be a good mix!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I thought Iā€™d rewatch a seriesā€¦ chose season 9.. IVE NEVER SEEN IT!?

I must have completely missed it!! Had no idea. Obviously quite happy about this now, Iā€™ve been binge watching all day!

• Haha
I thought Iā€™d rewatch a seriesā€¦ chose season 9.. IVE NEVER SEEN IT!?

I must have completely missed it!! Had no idea. Obviously quite happy about this now, Iā€™ve been binge watching all day!
I think everyone I knew fell in love with Rose Matafeo a little bit that season, and Katy Wix was quiet but adorably weird.

Plus, you had Team "Old People Can't Be Bothered By Such Unimportant Things As Timescales or Instructions" in the form of Jo Brand and David Baddiel, versus Ed "Hypercompetitive" Gamble, which made for some entertaining bits in the studio as Gamble raged impotently in the face of their complete disinterest.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I think everyone I knew fell in love with Rose Matafeo a little bit that season, and Katy Wix was quiet but adorably weird.

Plus, you had Team "Old People Can't Be Bothered By Such Unimportant Things As Timescales or Instructions" in the form of Jo Brand and David Baddiel, versus Ed "Hypercompetitive" Gamble, which made for some entertaining bits in the studio as Gamble raged impotently in the face of their complete disinterest.
Ed Gamble having David Baddiel induced meltdowns will never not be arousing for me šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 7

The task where Jo and David stopped to make a sandwich and have a cup of tea - not because they were playing up to the cameras and trying to be funny, simply because they wanted a brew and a sandwich - has to be one of my favourite Taskmaster moments

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The task where Jo and David stopped to make a sandwich and have a cup of tea - not because they were playing up to the cameras and trying to be funny, simply because they wanted a brew and a sandwich - has to be one of my favourite Taskmaster moments
Yes I loved this šŸ¤£ and David softened the butter in the microwave. No urgency at all. So funny!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
He did but in a way nice, compared to massive twit Iain Sterling on another season who was just annoying. To this day I donā€™t know how Lou Sanders didnā€™t murder him.
I completely forgot how vile he was. I love Lou Sanders!

Reactions: 1
He did but in a way nice, compared to massive twit Iain Sterling on another season who was just annoying. To this day I donā€™t know how Lou Sanders didnā€™t murder him.
Not an excuse, but an explanation: I think several things were happening with Iain:
  1. He is naturally competitive, hotheaded and a huge fan of the show, but was massively playing up all those things for the camera because he was aware of how popular and funny James Acaster and Romesh Ranganathan had been in their similar roles of Angry Competitive Sulky Man.
  2. He forgot that their Angry Sulky Rants were (a) mostly funny, because they were aware of how tit their attempts were, and (b) said rants were directed mainly at Greg Davies, who does not give a tit what the puny little supplicants to his Taskmaster Throne say to him, because he knows he can squash them, mentally and physically. Sincere rage was never directed at fellow contestants (apart from Rhod Gilbert, and even St. Francis of Assisi would have wanted to murder Rhod Gilbert by episode 3 of his series)
  3. Self-awareness of just how badly his mix of cocky and competitive came across only hit Iain halfway through the studio sections, and it hit him really hard: he was aghast at himself after the hammock task, apologised to Lou and Paul and was noticeably quieter and better behaved in most the live tasks for the remainder of the show but it was far too late by then, all his tasks with teammates had been pre-recorded and the viewer at home judged accordingly.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Not an excuse, but an explanation: I think several things were happening with Iain:
  1. He is naturally competitive, hotheaded and a huge fan of the show, but was massively playing up all those things for the camera because he was aware of how popular and funny James Acaster and Romesh Ranganathan had been in their similar roles of Angry Competitive Sulky Man.
  2. He forgot that their Angry Sulky Rants were (a) mostly funny, because they were aware of how tit their attempts were, and (b) said rants were directed mainly at Greg Davies, who does not give a tit what the puny little supplicants to his Taskmaster Throne say to him, because he knows he can squash them, mentally and physically. Sincere rage was never directed at fellow contestants (apart from Rhod Gilbert, and even St. Francis of Assisi would have wanted to murder Rhod Gilbert by episode 3 of his series)
  3. Self-awareness of just how badly his mix of cocky and competitive came across only hit Iain halfway through the studio sections, and it hit him really hard: he was aghast at himself after the hammock task, apologised to Lou and Paul and was noticeably quieter and better behaved in most the live tasks for the remainder of the show but it was far too late by then, all his tasks with teammates had been pre-recorded and the viewer at home judged accordingly.
I may have to rewatch! now

Theyā€™re all very good points and youā€™re right. He was appalled by how he acted but as it was so late in the show the damage was done. He was Johnny big balls the whole time up until that point, but it was too late to redeem himself, to me anyway by then.

I may have to rewatch! now
Confession: I actually was in the audience for episode 5, the one featuring the hammock task where he realises how AWFUL he was, and it was very obvious in person just how mortified he was, and how badly he felt about how he'd treated Lou and Paul, and he got ripped into a fair bit (and rightly so). The whole filming went on for a lot longer than what actually got shown in the episode, so I can never remember what actually made it in, and what got cut.

Also, Lou Saunders can give as good as she gets, my god, the mouth on her! The two of them did not bring out the best in each other at all: to pair them up was a misstep on the production teams part.

(Also, if you ever get a chance to be in the audience for filming, you should take it, it's enormous fun, and you get to hear all the dirty jokes that don't make it to air)

• Heart
Season 3 of NZ cast announced- thought Chris Parker had to be a shoo in so not surprised by him at all, looks like it could be a good mix!
Yes, Josh Thompson will be similar to David Carreros, Chris is competively funny, Justine will be good and Paul Ego will be the bumbling Dad. The other woman I don't know but clips of her comedy seem promising.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.