Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really enjoyed tonight’s, wish it wasn’t just a one episode one.

think it’s a great line up for the next series- like all of those people and think they’ll all bring good things in their own way!

Reactions: 3
Liza Tarbuck is just so magnificent on Taskmaster, I love her. What a woman! And poor Ed Gamble, he genuinely looked like he needed therapy after that duck task.

Great looking lineup for Series 14 advertised too: nice mix of experienced TV comedians (Dara and Sarah), up and coming live standups (John and Fern) and a bright young online comedian (Munya)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Well, I like all these people so hopefully it will be a great series 😊. Especially looking forward to Fern Brady

Reactions: 3
Dara O'Briain gives me Richard Osman vibes, could be good at finding the tricks of tasks, but could also overthink tasks. He should be good though. Going to see him live later this year, can't wait.

Sarah Millican will be good. And probably tell Alex to duck off a bit.

Great line up, don't really know the other three, but that is like every series.

Reactions: 6
Confession: I actually was in the audience for episode 5, the one featuring the hammock task where he realises how AWFUL he was, and it was very obvious in person just how mortified he was, and how badly he felt about how he'd treated Lou and Paul, and he got ripped into a fair bit (and rightly so). The whole filming went on for a lot longer than what actually got shown in the episode, so I can never remember what actually made it in, and what got cut.

Also, Lou Saunders can give as good as she gets, my god, the mouth on her! The two of them did not bring out the best in each other at all: to pair them up was a misstep on the production teams part.

(Also, if you ever get a chance to be in the audience for filming, you should take it, it's enormous fun, and you get to hear all the dirty jokes that don't make it to air)
Hey they are showing this series on Dave at the mo. I just saw the Hammock scene again & his reaction to how he behaved. Must of been interesting to see that played out live!

Reactions: 1
Had another think about my dream lineup. Alan Carr, Dylan Moran, Jon Richardson and Jess Philips MP please.

Who would anyone else want?

Had another think about my dream lineup. Alan Carr, Dylan Moran, Jon Richardson and Jess Philips MP please.

Who would anyone else want?
Dylan Moran or Tommy Tiernan*

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
What did we think of tonight’s first episode of new series?

Think it will be good, not sure about Fern but dont really dislike her, love John. I never know how I feel when there is team tension- it can be funny but sometimes is so uncomfortable!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
How delightful it is that Taskmaster is at the stage where it can hire Gatwick South Terminal out to do tasks and no one really blinks an eye. Who would have thought the silly little show on Dave would have come so far?

Amusing first episode: Sarah was delightful, as was Munya. Fern is amusingly blunt, Dara seemed genuinely distressed by his own ineptitude (in the manner of all intelligent men realising they are not so good at physical/off the cuff tasks), and poor John was all over the place.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I do only know Sarah and Dara. I feel like I've heard of Munya. No idea on the other two.

I don't get why Dara didn't have a box on his head in the movie challenge. He just looked normal. Also, he should've given Despicable Me as an answer, because he's Gru.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love Fern. Big fan of her anyway. Her Taskmistress outfit is cute. Sarah and Dara were fun as expected. Munya seemed good as well. Underwhelmed by John so far but we'll see. Where can I buy a bangle holder? 😁.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Great start! I’d only heard of Sarah and Dara too. Not really a fan of Sarah but I enjoyed everyone in that episode.

That last round tonight 🤣 I could have watched loads more of that!

Reactions: 7
Dara monstered that episode, whatta guy.

I'm really liking him, Munya and Sarah. Fern seems a little nervy at times, understandable as Taskmaster is very strange sometimes. And she is fun in the studio!

I can't get along with John Kearns at all though: if he's going for "ineptness" as a comedic character trait, there needs to be some additional aspect to it to make it funny. For example Nish Kumar was cheerfully bombastic, and then enraged by his failure, or Paul Chowdhry was a surreal space cadet from another dimension, apparently unaware he was even competing. They were tit, but funny. Not getting that from John. Still, there are eight episodes to go, he could turn it around for me!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.