Tampa jay shall you

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tampa Jay seems to be the Dollar Store brand Adam the Woo.... and at this point I'm starting to lose interest in full-retail Adam the Woo, and the discount version here is a bit more appealing.

The forced catchphrases are a little annoying, but he goes to neat places and seems genuinely interested in what he's showing. Based on his viewership numbers, I assume he has to have a real job, so maybe these videos are more of a hobby, and that allows him to have a little more fun with it than the other vloggers who all go to the same places and just seem bored with it at this point.

When he's by himself I get a bit of secondhand embarrassment watching him shout about, so just like AtW, he seems to be at his best when he has someone else to bounce off of in the videos -- usually his girlfriend, Cris. While they get a bit overly lovey-dovey in some videos, they both seem enthusiastic and open to whatever they're looking at.

I don't watch all of his videos... in fact, I don't follow any vlogger closely enough to watch all of their videos anymore. I skip the ones where he goes to a sporting event or to a movie filming location that I'm unfamiliar with. But from what I've seen, he's... fine, I guess. It'll be interesting to see if he's able to grow his channel to the size of some of the other vloggers or if that gravy train has finally left the station.

Reactions: 1
He’s a good guy but definitely in love with Adam. If he had to choose between him and his new girlfriend he just might pick Adam.

Reactions: 3
He’s a good guy but definitely in love with Adam. If he had to choose between him and his new girlfriend he just might pick Adam.
LOL, I was right. He ditched his girlfriend for a couple days to go hang out with Adam in Boston.

Watching his videos when he's with his girlfriend, Cris, it really illustrates just how low society's bar is for men's appearances. She puts together a cute outfit, does her hair and makeup, adds some accessories, etc. He, on the other hand, puts on any old t-shirt, his same grungy cap, his Spicoli shoes, and usually doesn't bother shaving his face and calls it good.

Reactions: 2
It’s so hard to watch with him Cris. He’s so weak and beta male. It’s like he’s never had a girlfriend Before. If she accepts his weakness it’s on her but i don’t see her sticking around too long. The comments he makes about her just seem so cringe and beta male

I’m also guessing she was a subscriber to his channel and contacted him which I think is also extremely cringe worth and a double standard. If a dude tried to meet up with a solo female vlogger he would probably get a restraining order. Not to mention, it’s unprofessional

I don't know if Tampa Jay is an alpha, beta, or gamma man, but he and Cris act like a couple of teenagers who just started dating. That's a little odd considering they're both in their mid-thirties.

Did either of them ever say how they met or how long they've been together? I haven't seen all of his videos (and I haven't seen any of hers), so I'm not sure. He said recently that he works a real job to pay the bills (though I don't think he said exactly what that job was), so it's possible that they met that way. If they've only been together for a short time, I wonder if she'll tire of his antics... or if he even has that "Adam Sandler from the '90s" persona when the camera isn't running.

He flew up to Pennsylvania to meet her. He’s very lovey dovey around her but how long can that last? Especially if Adam shows up he will have to choose who gets his attention.

Jay's latest video is a talk-to-the-camera slog just like his mentor, Adam the Woo. Although Jay talks from the driver's seat of his car instead of walking around, so it's TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

He rambled for a while about how he really wants to vlog full time, but I just couldn't stick with it and bailed about halfway through. Look, if you want to make vlogging a full-time job, you've got to bring more interesting content. Adam has a ton of subscribers who will tune in no matter how he phones it in, but you're not there yet; you can't coast.

He's also a bit mYsTeRiOuS about "something" that happened to him and Cris the night before but says that he won't get into it and to go watch her video. She has her own half-hour talk-to-the-camera video titled: "My phone was stolen" that I'm not going to sit through.

Jay's latest video is a talk-to-the-camera slog just like his mentor, Adam the Woo. Although Jay talks from the driver's seat of his car instead of walking around, so it's TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

He rambled for a while about how he really wants to vlog full time, but I just couldn't stick with it and bailed about halfway through. Look, if you want to make vlogging a full-time job, you've got to bring more interesting content. Adam has a ton of subscribers who will tune in no matter how he phones it in, but you're not there yet; you can't coast.

He's also a bit mYsTeRiOuS about "something" that happened to him and Cris the night before but says that he won't get into it and to go watch her video. She has her own half-hour talk-to-the-camera video titled: "My phone was stolen" that I'm not going to sit through.
TL:DW Cris and Jay went to Disney Springs to go shopping. Cris lost her phone SOMEHOW. She claims she knows that someone stole it because of her gut feeling, but the whole story makes me suspicious since she doesn't go into a lot of detail/her insistence that Jay doesn't tell the story. She instantly went from crying to not crying in the video when she showed off her new phone; it felt like an act. I honestly wonder if A. she made up the story to get Jay to buy her a new phone or B. she just misplaced it.

TL:DW Cris and Jay went to Disney Springs to go shopping. Cris lost her phone SOMEHOW. She claims she knows that someone stole it because of her gut feeling, but the whole story makes me suspicious since she doesn't go into a lot of detail/her insistence that Jay doesn't tell the story. She instantly went from crying to not crying in the video when she showed off her new phone; it felt like an act. I honestly wonder if A. she made up the story to get Jay to buy her a new phone or B. she just misplaced it.
Thanks for that. In the back of my mind, I thought: "Y'know, I wonder if she just lost it and then did the dramatic childish 'Somebody STOLED it!' routine." I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I still wasn't interested in hearing about a crime.

I generally like these two... well, I like Tampa Jay and his videos where Cris is featured (they go to some interesting places and show interesting things). I've never actually watched any of her videos... and I wasn't about to make my first one a half-hour rambling about losing her phone at the bar.

I felt bad for Jay for whatever sort of AirBNB shenanigans he encountered in Atlanta. That's also why I always stay at real hotels when I'm traveling. Good to hear he was able to find accommodations, but that's a ton of hassle when you're in an unfamiliar city.

So all of his uploads lately are the exact same stuff as his gf/up and coming vlogger wanna be Cris the Girl. They both are going to the same places and doing the same things just recorded from slightly different angles between the both of them. So I'm wondering is this splitting his built up audience (what little there was to begin with) or does Cris have another audience out there who is giving her views. Or maybe they should just both quit and save us the trouble.

It’s so hard to watch with him Cris. He’s so weak and beta male. It’s like he’s never had a girlfriend Before. If she accepts his weakness it’s on her but i don’t see her sticking around too long. The comments he makes about her just seem so cringe and beta male
She definitely doesn't want an alpha male. You can tell by looking at her twitter bio.

It appears that Jay has proposed. I assume she said "yes" but there's no way to tell for sure without sitting through an hour-long video, and I just don't have it in me to do that.

1672779508956.png

It appears that Jay has proposed. I assume she said "yes" but there's no way to tell for sure without sitting through an hour-long video, and I just don't have it in me to do that.

View attachment 1851971
I'll give you a quick summary. She said yes (towards the end of the video).
She was genuinely surprised. There was even a squirrel there to witness it.
The rest of the video was visiting Spook Hill and Bok Tower Gardens.
I'm happy for them.

Jay and Cris tell the story of how they met in his latest video. They make a pizza and ramble on for a long while in their echoey apartment using the expression "love at first sight" and "meant to be together" many times and come across sounding like a couple of horny teenagers.

I could only get through about half of it, but I think I got the gist. She became a fan of his videos and commented on one of them, which got him to follow her on Instagram, and they started talking online, which developed into eventually meeting and starting a relationship.

I wish them the best because they both seem to be genuinely nice people, and they deserve happiness. Still, I wonder what kind of foundation their relationship has when it seems to be based on little more than: he thinks she's hot, and she likes that he makes her laugh.