Tally Rye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lol
Lizzo, the singer, often wears outfits conventionally* meant for smaller bodies. She looks fabulous in them but also they're typically tailored and nicely fitted to her curvy body. Tally's denim number looks like something that would give you a thrush.
*Obviously it's all changing and it's great that larger girls don't feel like they should be hiding under shapeless tents.
But in this case it somehow looks like Tally is almost picking unflattering outfits on purpose.

Reactions: 10
She’s addressed a comment about the jumpsuit. Awkwarddddd
I didn't like the outfit but I thought someone commenting to her directly was uncalled for. I'd never dream of telling someone their outfit looked awful unless they asked me personally for my opinion.
She's using the post to boost engagement

Reactions: 12
Lol
Lizzo, the singer, often wears outfits conventionally* meant for smaller bodies. She looks fabulous in them but also they're typically tailored and nicely fitted to her curvy body. Tally's denim number looks like something that would give you a thrush.
*Obviously it's all changing and it's great that larger girls don't feel like they should be hiding under shapeless tents.
But in this case it somehow looks like Tally is almost picking unflattering outfits on purpose.
Exactly, she’d look great in it if she went one size up. People only felt the need to comment because it screams as if she’s forced herself into it to prove a point.

Reactions: 4
Tally looked terrible in the denim boiler suit but agree there was no need for someone to message her directly and be so rude about it. If she’s happy and feels good in it, that’s all that matters really. I’ve noticed she often wears things that are way too tight around her lower body and legs, and am surprised she finds them comfortable. If her message is that clothes size doesn’t define you, why not go up a size? Perhaps she genuinely does think these clothes flatter her 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I agree with so many of you, the boiler suit is tragic on any size (Alice Liveing wore it too and it also looks horrendous on her tiny figure). To comment to someone directly they look awful is so rude! She obviously liked wearing it. Despite what anyone else thinks.
As a mega positive, it was refreshing to see no obvious freebies, her promoting the businesses she sourced from, and the obvious love and gratitude from her partner. So sweet :)
Regardless of grim boiler suit, it was a good Tally weekend haha

Reactions: 2
Am I just a witch, I don’t think the message was that rude? 🫣😬😳 okay it could have done without the sarky ‘wow 😂

Am I just a witch, I don’t think the message was that rude? 🫣😬😳 okay it could have done without the sarky ‘wow 😂
I think it’s more just that there’s no need to message the person with their thoughts on it. That’s what tattle is for!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It’s deffo what tattle is for! I would rather someone witch about my outfit to their Mate rather than tel me to my face when I obviously feel ok in it haha

Reactions: 4
I feel like Tally is playing to this kind of stuff by wearing things obviously too small. I came up through the clean eating era, actually know/have met some of these guys professionally in another life and it is ALL for content. The game might have changed, but the players haven’t.

Reactions: 7
I don't think that there was, or ever is, any need to personally, directly communicate thoughts on anyone else's clothes, size, appearance etc unless they have reached out and asked for it - as has been said here, that is what Tattle is for.
However - I also don't think that it is cool for Tally to repeatedly highlight the comment with that person's username either as it smacks of trying to instigate a pile-on.

• Wow
I don't think that there was, or ever is, any need to personally, directly communicate thoughts on anyone else's clothes, size, appearance etc unless they have reached out and asked for it - as has been said here, that is what Tattle is for.
However - I also don't think that it is cool for Tally to repeatedly highlight the comment with that person's username either as it smacks of trying to instigate a pile-on.
I honestly don’t know if I believe someone did. I agree with you if it did happen, of course.

I don’t know why but when she records her talking to her bf and posts it to her story it really makes me cringe.

Reactions: 3
It's confusing though how great she seems to actually believe she looked in that jumpsuit though. If someone said that to me and I hadn't realised already (*I would have) I would then realise for sure!

I’m probably being really nit picky, but in her reel she says the WINNER of the game does the washing up, when clearly it’s meant to be the LOSER. This is a paid ad, and the basic content isn’t even right. How do they get away with it!!

I’m probably being really nit picky, but in her reel she says the WINNER of the game does the washing up, when clearly it’s meant to be the LOSER. This is a paid ad, and the basic content isn’t even right. How do they get away with it!!
It's also another example of tone-deaf promoting. Everyone I know is currently in the process of limiting all unnecessary costs, I don't know anyone who currently has the money to splurge on a VR headset (£400) and to the best of my knowledge she has shown no prior interest in gaming at all either. It is all just so vacuous.

It's also another example of tone-deaf promoting. Everyone I know is currently in the process of limiting all unnecessary costs, I don't know anyone who currently has the money to splurge on a VR headset (£400) and to the best of my knowledge she has shown no prior interest in gaming at all either. It is all just so vacuous.
Idk the economy is struggling but it doesn’t mean people aren’t spending money. I work in marketing and not everyone is being restrictive. It would be silly for any luxury product to seize advertising in the run up to Christmas. People with higher incomes likely follow Tally. Her retreats are pricey, her lifestyle isn’t exactly budget friendly and her views on Wellness are pretty privileged.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.