Sweet Magnolias

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Managed to get through season 1 and thought it would get better but it has got worse. Its so tit lol

The acting is terrible by all of them.
The 3 women have zero chemistry, don’t buy them as ‘lifelong besties’
The kids are annoying as hell
Dana sue is annoying as hell, how is meant to some man magnet!? , and the wardrobe dept need to be fired for how they dress her.

Agree but Dana Sue's make up, is spot on

Chris Klein is awful
His Southern accent sounds forced. It's not natural at all.

Wtf am I watching. The acting is just 😬😬

the red head has had way too much botox

and I also can’t stand Jamie Lynn
I think JoAnna Garcia has always looked like this. I don't think she's going overboard with the botox. She appeared in GG as well and she looked exactly the same.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone started season 3? Is it worth a watch?
I binged it and it was okay. I was expecting more drama and without spoiling anything, it did feel like the cliffhanger from last season was kind of glossed over/moved on from far too quickly.

Apart from all the Jesus stuff, it's perfect for a Sunday afternoon easy watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m watching the 3rd season and I’m beyond confused.

How many episodes revolve around coach Cal hitting someone in last season’s finale?

I get violence is a huge ‘no’ but they literally seem to have based this entire season’s storyline around the coach being ashamed of his outburst and everyone else judging him. I have only watched the first two episodes of the 3rd season thus far but if the rest of it revolves around the coach feeling sorry for himself for hitting someone then I might give it a pass.

They blew the whole thing out of proportion and it makes you feel as though you missed an episode or something.

I’m very confused.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I’m watching the 3rd season and I’m beyond confused.

How many episodes revolve around coach Cal hitting someone in last season’s finale?

I get violence is a huge ‘no’ but they literally seem to have based this entire season’s storyline around the coach being ashamed of his outburst and everyone else judging him. I have only watched the first two episodes of the 3rd season thus far but if the rest of it revolves around the coach feeling sorry for himself for hitting someone then I might give it a pass.

They blew the whole thing out of proportion and it makes you feel as though you missed an episode or something.

I’m very confused.
I think this stems from the religious, moral and 'pure' foundations of the show. While on the real world punching someone would be fairly quickly forgiven and moved on. This show, as confronting TV as it is, has its roots in religious Conservative America.

I think this stems from the religious, moral and 'pure' foundations of the show. While on the real world punching someone would be fairly quickly forgiven and moved on. This show, as confronting TV as it is, has its roots in religious Conservative America.
Yeah, I understand that since the show is based in a Southern State.

Still though - a whole season about this one scene? Seems to me they’re running out of storylines.

So many films and TV shows aimed at the 'wholesome' market do the same. The moral and anguish has to be shoved down throats for eventual redemption

All these very christian people sleeping with each other out of wedlock!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Feel like they were really grasping at straws to produce an extra season, it ended quite abruptly.

Isn't it based on a series of books? Have they run out of books? Or are the books this safe?

I’m finding season 3 quite hard going and not thinking gosh I need to see the next episode I’d rather leave it another few days and watch something else lol.
Don’t like what they’ve done with Helen she seems really lost in this season, taking in teenagers to live with her and falling out with her friends it’s like wtf? None of it really goes anywhere and nobody is as nice as these people in real life.

Reactions: 6
These faith based shows are always funny, nobody is this nice all the time. Its a very rose tinted view of southern life. The men meeting together and talking about their feelings made me laugh. It's great to show men talking, don't get me wrong, but the script was way too twee.

Storylines seem to come from no where, and then go no where.

I think the first two series heavily benefitted from lockdown desperation. Not we maybe analyse more.
---
Chris kleins accent as bad ever 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Season 3 is all over the place. Nothing really happened. The Kathy storyline was never really explained - what did she do that was so bad to begin with? They totally overreacted to Cal punching a guy who was charging at his girlfriend. The teenagers were so unrealistic in the way they talk to each other. Dana Sue's dress for the vow renewal was ruined by that horrible belt - it was terrible. I did like Tyler and Annie but that was about it. Kyle is the strangest child ever and they're all too perky and good all the time. And yet I still watched the whole series!

Season 3 is all over the place. Nothing really happened. The Kathy storyline was never really explained - what did she do that was so bad to begin with? They totally overreacted to Cal punching a guy who was charging at his girlfriend. The teenagers were so unrealistic in the way they talk to each other. Dana Sue's dress for the vow renewal was ruined by that horrible belt - it was terrible. I did like Tyler and Annie but that was about it. Kyle is the strangest child ever and they're all too perky and good all the time. And yet I still watched the whole series!
I haven’t seen season 3 yet but duck me they are still trying going with the belt thing on Dana sue!? 😩😩 the stylists obviously dislike her and have no idea how dress someone who isnt a stick