Sweet Magnolias

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
May be covid had a bit of effect on it
I think it definitely impacted the flow of the story.

And yeah the South is quite old fashioned and Conservative in some areas, and obviously religion is a big thing. The southern gentleman is a thing, so saying mam isn't uncommon.

Reactions: 3
Isaacs dad - bet it's
the Mayor.

Does Cal wear a toupee?

Last edited:
Isaacs dad - bet it's
the Mayor.

Does Cal wear a toupee?
Issacs Dad
It would have made more sense if it was the Mayor. I'm actually so sick of them throwing Bill under the bus. It would have been better character development for him to just plod on with the new job and better forge relationships with the kids.

This season was utter tripe. It's like a guilty pleasure watch, the sickly sweet anecdotes are overkill this season. And, I'm glad that fool Jamie Lynn was barely in it - she's really not a great actress at all.

Reactions: 6
I really liked season 1 and really wanted to like season 2 .. but was disappointed!

Reactions: 5
Wtf am I watching. The acting is just 😬😬

the red head has had way too much botox

and I also can’t stand Jamie Lynn

Reactions: 3
They've strayed so far from the books that I would hardly say that it's based on them.

Does Chris Klein have to scrunch up his face like that achieve his bad Southern accent? 😕

Reactions: 4
There’s books?

er
Yes. There's eleven books by Sherryl Woods. I'm on the sixth one. There are quick easy reading. Only slightly better than the series. This woman does not know how to write teenagers. The characters get annoying. But I always try to finish a book series, even if it's not great.

I've binged this this week there's a Hart of Dixie vibe to it. Not a lot of thinking involved.

Reactions: 1
It would be better without Chris klein. I mean no one is an Oscar winner but everyone else gets away with it. They know what show they're in and it knows what it is. But he is just so so bad he sticks out

Reactions: 9
Managed to get through season 1 and thought it would get better but it has got worse. Its so tit lol

The acting is terrible by all of them.
The 3 women have zero chemistry, don’t buy them as ‘lifelong besties’
The kids are annoying as hell
Dana sue is annoying as hell, how is meant to some man magnet!? , and the wardrobe dept need to be fired for how they dress her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Managed to get through season 1 and thought it would get better but it has got worse. Its so tit lol

The acting is terrible by all of them.
The 3 women have zero chemistry, don’t buy them as ‘lifelong besties’
The kids are annoying as hell
Dana sue is annoying as hell, how is meant to some man magnet!? , and the wardrobe dept need to be fired for how they dress her.
Completely agree

Reactions: 2
Love the show because it's a "feel good" show and it's very PG which I like. Sweet Magnolias, Gilmore Girls, Chesapeake Shores, The Good Witch on repeat all day every day! If I could live in one of these shows, I sure would!

It's not the smartest show out there, but I love the cozy vibe. It's my favorite show to watch on a Sunday evening / afternoon. I actually preferred season 2 over season 1. I think Maddie's character was much more interesting in season 1 though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1