Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Limetree

One lovely woman put under one the tweets about Romanians something like “I’m Romanian, can I ask why you don’t like us” or words to that effect. And it just broke my heart. It was just plaintive and sweet. And Horrible Susan replied “Are you from Dover?”. Really curt. Here was someone in front of her, a real person who’s feeling she had actually hurt and instead of going “Oh my Christ I’ve actually upset someone here, what a prick, people reading this are actually real” and apologising, she doubled down. BELLEND.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 37

Allie101

Chatty Member
Has every one seen kisscubs posts I absolutely adore her she is empowering. I shall share....

IMG_20200605_193933.jpg

My phone keeps crashing everytime I load it but she speaks with confidence and with passion . Literally calling everyone out ....

Honestly. These mother's I would never have seen before this are truly inspiring
Susie may have her fancy clothes. Lots of money.

But a strong good heart. Literally is everything.

Sounds a bit Disney

But I think this is my part of"growing up"
I don't think I'll ever look at anyone and be impressed by what they *have*...but by who they are .

Maybe that was how I was fickle.

Go shove your fancy leggings and pedigree chickens Susie and Greg!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

EdgyLegend

VIP Member
For everyone wondering why she isn't in the papers....she's a nobody. She's the arm piece of a has been Olympian. She earns a crust exploiting her kids but other than that she is beyond z list. I guarantee 95% of the population wouldn't have a clue who she is!

And from her vile tweets...that's exactly how she should be considered, a pathetic little no one

• Heart
Reactions: 33

EyesOpened123

The reason MOD got dragged so badly for what she did was because whilst her fellow influencers claimed they were outraged by her racist comment - they were actually most offended by her other comments about other white influencers (her ‘friends’) and the awful ‘betrayal’. To be honest it looks kind of mild now compared to some of Susie’s tweets. I’m actually still really shocked, nobody changes that much in 5 years....those views must still sit somewhere inside her. I’m honestly so shocked.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

It’s really just exposing what a sham this industry is. These are unexceptional people, without real merit (not writers, nor photographers, musicians, designers, seamstresses etc etc not creators in the traditional sense of having a talent and honing it) who tapped into something new and their own inherent desire to show off. Why wouldn’t the wheels come off eventually is the real question for me.

A rare few have stumbled upon a talent, a good eye and an engaging word, and something unique and positive but crucially with purpose (equality, inclusion, diversity) and they are the ones worth noticing now and then but not being influenced by - influencing for purchasing and showing offs sake needs to stop.

*And another thing 🥳 ...... Tattle has this gross reputation right? But the threads I read are largely made of posts which are well considered, critical, structured - spelling and grammar all on point - which doesn’t really tally with this reputation of Dante’s spitting inferno where we’re all dribbling incoherently with rage and dissatisfaction with our own lives.

I am not sure why this industry thinks it’s above comment or analyses.

*some threads are quite hell firery.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

OhhBacon

VIP Member
That’s even more disappointing then that no one called her out on it properly at the time. It should have been a scandal at the time, not just now because of everything that’s going on. Where were the allies then standing up for anti-racism. Sadly I think this situation reflects just as badly on us as a society as it does on Susie.
Calling people out on Social Media is near on impossible, it’s the reason tattle exists. It doesn’t matter whether it is Facebook, Twitter, Instagram...the stock response is either delete and block or get your followers to pile on to the person who is disagreeing or challenging the poster.

It is all just a big echo chamber. I listed some of the concerning behaviour a few pages ago...if you dared questions any of it on social media you would get shot down.

If we could challenge and have these discussions on social media platforms this place wouldn’t exist.

Reactions: 31

Whineandcheese

Chatty Member
View attachment 146068
Cigarettes and Calpol on Twitter comparing Susan’s response to MODS
It’s hilarious (read not funny at all) that despite all of her smug virtue signalling and holier than thou calling everyone out regardless of whether what she’s saying is even the truth she has decided - seemingly on behalf of people of colour, the differently abled, and so on - that old Susan is just fine cause she said sorry, made some excuses, said sorry again and then deleted everything when it didn’t work.

It is absolutely NOT Mia’s place to say that response was acceptable. You cannot accept an apology on behalf of black people. You cannot gaslight minorities of any kind by saying that something done TO THEM is acceptable.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Limetree

Being cynical, from a PR POV I think Susie bailed too early. If she’d stayed, kept apologising, kept learning, she could have recovered.
Leaving insta feels more a like a tantrummy flounce. Which I think belies her true character.
Tbh I don’t want to live in a shame culture where there is no redemption or way back from something you’ve done, barring the most heinous crime. Susie, despite being a sanctimonious prick, has done some good stuff where she is able and she did post. I don’t think there was a right way that she could have addressed the issue and pleased everyone, because the tweets were so awful, but I think if she’d stayed around, apologised further, did more work she would have shown she was truly sorry and regretful. She cashed out too early.

Reactions: 30

Flamingollama

Chatty Member
The amount of insta mums that say how awful tattle is and they don’t read it seem to pop up quickly enough with accounts and pleas of ‘please forgive me if I’ve not commented correctly I don’t know how to use this site’ hahaha sure you don’t 🐸 ☕

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

PinkBogeyBreath

Chatty Member
I imagine there is more than an element of bet-hedging going on but I don’t think it’s an unfair appraisal of the situation.

Objectively, Susie Verrill’s comments are callous, childish and bigoted in exactly the thoughtless, babyish way that people who’ve not thought about an issue for more than 5 minutes can be.

It’s also true that some time has passed since she said anything in that vein, which means not only is it possible she’d regard those tweets with (genuine) horror and embarrassment now, but it also means that there have been colossal changes in a) what kind of “humour” (I use the term loosely...) people are prepared to overlook on social media and b) how we collectively punish people for their transgressions. There is, after all, a reason that those tweets have sat there for over half a decade unshared and (I assume) unremarked upon, and it isn’t because they were fastened away in some digital tomb that has only just been prized open for the masses.

It’s also IMO tempting but ultimately often unfair to judge people for their immediate, knee jerk response to being Found Out, because for almost everyone in this position, whether they are someone who did nothing wrong and are being targetted unfairly, a sweetheart who made a silly mistake or a genuine arsehole whose cover has been blown, the overwhelming initial reaction to this kind of thing kicking off is panic, and people often do and say strange and dumb and unhelpful things when they panic (or of course they say nothing at all).

Considering this has all only just happened and it hasn’t had all that long to marinate for anyone involved, I don’t think it’s completely unreasonable to give someone a chance to get their bearings and give a more considered response/apology before they’re written off. It’s also probably less destructive to choose not to name someone before the gloves are well and truly off, because doing so only ends up sending more pitchfork-wielding strangers to their virtual door.

I have no particular time for SV, I only followed her briefly a while ago, and I’d be lying if I said some of her old tweets didn’t give me a rush of rage or make me do a sharp intake of breath.

But still, while I recognise that the current way of doing things effectively forces people to denounce someone who has done something bad (or at least remark that what they did WAS bad) — because silence is now understood to be either apathy or covert support — I do still question what ultimately is gained from fruiting people in the stocks for 7 year old tweets. Just because the person in the stocks is an arsehole, and just because the fruiting is done nominally in the name of progressive values doesn’t mean that it is functionally useful, and doesn’t mean that it doesn’t ultimately rely on the same base instincts that had us strapping people to ducking stools a few hundred years ago.
Why are you so certain her comments were childish and based on not thinking about the issue for more than 5 minutes? Perhaps the woman posting racist comments is... racist.

Also, I’d suggest that the reason so many WHITE insta mummies are fence sitting is because they also have taken (or still do take) part in making similar racist comments either with friends or family, or online, and they are scared that speaking out against susie will mean people who know them will pop up and say hey wait a minute... you do it too! So instead they stay quiet and hope they don’t end up with the hot potato in their own hands.

And another thing, posting something publicly seven years ago doesn’t mean that person has changed or still isn’t acting that same way less publicly. People shouldn’t be shamed for calling out racist behaviour and perhaps seeing the racist insta mummies lose their #ads and followers might make some of the other racists have a think.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

OhhBacon

VIP Member
Yeah, the reason everyone loved talking about the MOD story is because she had an account on here and was trolling her friends. It was the racist comment that lost her work but it was the juicy circumstances that played into everything people believe about gossipy women.
What Susie said was way worse but I'm not sure it'll get the same traction, though tabloids will normally make a story out of anything so who knows.
The mumfluencers are very quiet about Susie‘s tweets considering how utterly horrified they were by Clemmie’s racism.

It would almost appear as if it wasn’t the racism that concerned them but more the comments about each other and Clemmies inside knowledge about the murky world of Influencers and what other secrets she might spill...and then the race to claim her crown.

Maybe one of the 1483 guests might say something today! .

• Heart
  • Haha

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
I sort of know the family that own Regatta so I'm not surprised they have ended their contract with her. They have a relative who is a rather well known human rights lawyer in Manchester, they are good people.

I was always a fan of Susie's and when I saw her apology, I thought it was right of her to make a public apology and state that she had changed her views and was doing the work, so to speak. However, when I came on here and saw the tweets, I was disgusted, they were not examples of 'everyday' racism, which is what I expected from the wording of her apology, they were aggressive, abusive examples of someone who was so entitled that they felt like they could say and do whatever they pleased. Susie already had a large twitter following before she was with Greg, so she knew her words had power, she knew she had a lot of reach on social media and yet she still felt ok to spout filth like that. She was not young when she said those things, either. Even if she was, she should still know better. I will stop following her on Instagram now, I won't be responsible for her getting any more ads.

• Heart