Supertanskiii #2 Jeremy Corbyn made me impersonate Hitler at Glastonbury

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh of course she's one of those "you won't of heard of my favourite band" edgelords.

Have a day off FFS.
I suspect she is aware whatever amazing band she comes up with will be picked apart eg The Clash all going to art college or whatever.
Btw I thought she would be the first one to defend the definition of working class as the circumstances of your birth? Here she is saying John Lydon isn't working class as he is now wealthy.
But remember she defines herself as 'lower than working class' 😂

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I suspect she is aware whatever amazing band she comes up with will be picked apart eg The Clash all going to art college or whatever.
Btw I thought she would be the first one to defend the definition of working class as the circumstances of your birth? Here she is saying John Lydon isn't working class as he is now wealthy.
A rich man who earned every penny he has and would not be rich if he hadn't *checks notes* joined a band that a lot of people really liked/literally changed their lives, and still listen to to this day (1.4 million monthly listeners on Spotify).

Fine you don't have to like the music, you can dislike Lydon for a bunch of reasons, but you can't deny the Sex Pistols were an important band in punk.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Does that mean she does not work.....

Perhaps Tan thinks a new career as a music critic is the way forwards...

I just typed out a big long explanation of how we ended up with the Sex Pistols and why, depsite not being the most authentic bunch of guttersnipes ever, they are for real an important band. But this is of interest only to old punkers like me.

Suffice to say, they were simply one of the few punk bands connected enough to get signed to a major label. That doesn't mean they were tit. There are PLENTY of reactionary arseholes in punk rock like every other scene.

If you wanna drop the Clash in as bastions of working class creativity you should read up on Joe Strummer's early life.
---
View attachment 2803379

DJ Tan studied ART HISTORY
Like all music lovers who appreciate it as an art form... She listens to pick n mix playlists that give you one song out of context and pay the artists duck all. Punk as duck.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Suffice to say, they were simply one of the few punk bands connected enough to get signed to a major label. That doesn't mean they were tit. There are PLENTY of reactionary arseholes in punk rock like every other scene.
Punk is (was) quite notorious for it, however. Along with various metal genres.

Reactions: 3
Punk is (was) quite notorious for it, however. Along with various metal genres.
Would agree. It's a scene that seems to attract extremes. There were also arseholes who used to sport swastikas to be "shocking". This sort of crap lets real nazis into your scene like nothing else.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Would agree. It's a scene that seems to attract extremes. There were also arseholes who used to sport swastikas to be "shocking". This sort of crap lets real nazis into your scene like nothing else.
I was thinking about this all day yesterday, because I think about punk a lot. This is one of the reasons I was always drawn more to the US scene and bands. I loved the purity of Hardcore music and the DIY, egalitarian nature of it. There seemed to be a lot less crazy right wing people as well (By which I mean you had to actively seek it out).

I could write a thesis (and many already have) on what punk and DIY are and mean. Suffice to say, none of it would be 30 second tik tok videos that just shout mean words about crappy politicians and achieve nothing. Be the change you want to see, start local, support the scene and the scene will support you, look out for each other in the pit and always go to the show.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
bleeping hell.

Has she, of all people, criticised something for being performative?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m laughing at her going on about Sex pistols being plastic. Everyone knows who they are

job done

Lydon would make mincemeat of her

Reactions: 8