Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We are all kind of projecting what we would like to do in her place. But that doesn’t mean she wants to or cares to do those things 🤷🏻‍♀️ We are all free to decide how to spends our lives after all, and if she wants to be lazy and not do anything, it’s her right
I don’t think anyone is debating that?

We are all kind of projecting what we would like to do in her place. But that doesn’t mean she wants to or cares to do those things 🤷🏻‍♀️ We are all free to decide how to spends our lives after all, and if she wants to be lazy and not do anything, it’s her right
You know this isn’t a tribunal deciding on Jess’ future right? We all know our opinion will have no bearing on her life lol.

Reactions: 3
You know this isn’t a tribunal deciding on Jess’ future right? We all know our opinion will have no bearing on her life lol.
I’m stating my opinion, just as everyone else. No one is talking about this being a “tribunal”.

Reactions: 2
You are missing the point. Of course it’s her right. It’s not projection at all. What I’m saying & I think others are saying is that she doesn’t seem happy. IMO post uni she seemed at a bit of a loss. I’ve no doubt YouTube is easy money but I’m not sure how much she enjoys it. She doesn’t reply to comments in general. Her videos are often late. She mainly films in two rooms.
I’m Jess was lying in a bath all day reading but grinning away, I’d still think she was lazy but if she seemed happy so be it.
IMO pre baby she didn’t seem happy, her house doesn’t appear to interest her that much, she seemed lacking in energy constantly, & recently she randomly started talking about studying science. Her energy was different in Edinburgh. Her energy around her girlfriends when she sees them is different. In both those situations & in the baby announcement she seems happy. Otherwise she seems a bit meh.

Reactions: 7
You are missing the point. Of course it’s her right. It’s not projection at all. What I’m saying & I think others are saying is that she doesn’t seem happy. IMO post uni she seemed at a bit of a loss. I’ve no doubt YouTube is easy money but I’m not sure how much she enjoys it. She doesn’t reply to comments in general. Her videos are often late. She mainly films in two rooms.
I’m Jess was lying in a bath all day reading but grinning away, I’d still think she was lazy but if she seemed happy so be it.
IMO pre baby she didn’t seem happy, her house doesn’t appear to interest her that much, she seemed lacking in energy constantly, & recently she randomly started talking about studying science. Her energy was different in Edinburgh. Her energy around her girlfriends when she sees them is different. In both those situations & in the baby announcement she seems happy. Otherwise she seems a bit meh.
I agree with you completely about all those things. I think she’s lost and depressed, but she’s also gotten incredibly lazy after she finished her degrees. It just annoys me that some posts are downplaying her pregnancy because they aren’t happy that she’s not doing XYZ instead of motherhood. 😕

Reactions: 4
I agree with you completely about all those things. I think she’s lost and depressed, but she’s also gotten incredibly lazy after she finished her degrees. It just annoys me that some posts are downplaying her pregnancy because they aren’t happy that she’s not doing XYZ instead of motherhood. 😕
Motherhood is fantastic & she seems very happy. She doesnt have to be some career power woman but for her own sake I wish she’d do something that would give her a bit of a buzz. She has become quite lazy so I expect she may decide baby plus what she’s doing now is enough. But in ten years where will that leave her?!

I adore little kids, I want to tie mine down so they stop growing & never leave me! But I realise when they are older I’ll want me to have something for me & not be dependent on them & so will I. I’m no power woman btw! That bit is projection. Otherwise I feel Jess, who seems both lovely & intelligent has sunk into a rut & seems very unhappy.

Reactions: 4
In fairness to her about being happy, since leaving uni her auntie passed away with cancer, her father and step family moved to America and her mother was diagnosed with cancer, on top of everyone else’s unhappiness/anxiety of being in lockdown for most of the year. If we’re going to say she’s young to have a baby, I imagine that’s a lot for a young person to deal with.

Promise I have criticised her in the past in this thread, just never understood the argument she should go get a job, because most jobs are bloody awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
In fairness to her about being happy, since leaving uni her auntie passed away with cancer, her father and step family moved to America and her mother was diagnosed with cancer, on top of everyone else’s unhappiness/anxiety of being in lockdown for most of the year. If we’re going to say she’s young to have a baby, I imagine that’s a lot for a young person to deal with.

Promise I have criticised her in the past in this thread, just never understood the argument she should go get a job, because most jobs are bloody awful.
I don’t feel that critical of her, I more feel a bit disappointed for her that she can’t get out of a rut. She’s had stresses recently but unfortunately life is horrible

I dont think she needs to get a job, You Tube pays so technically she has one.

It’d be great to see her do something that’s not showering, reading a book, or having dinner. The idea of being able to read books all day is appealing in theory but she seem to lack purpose & we don’t all need a job but I do think we need a sense of purpose.

Reactions: 7
The comments about many graduates feeling lost, but getting into grad schemes out of financial necessity, have hit the nail on the head! Although I don't think Jess' passion lies within social media, hence the long periods of disappearances, her job still pays well enough even with the lack of uploads, so she doesn't feel the need to create more content. As for discussions of pursuing science a-levels/degree- again, many people regret their university choices and would love to afford to retrain in a different field, something Jess has the funds to do. Those discussions show that Jess is doing some research into her interests and trying take steps to find herself.
I also think the comments about Zac are too critical- he shies away from Jess' YT and as far as we're aware seems very private, so it's difficult to judge what he'll be like as a father etc. I'm normally very critical of influencers, but I have a massive soft spot for Jess 😂 Frankly, I'm so tired of some influencers' constant insta stories and vlogs which evidently required no effort, just for the sake of spewing out content

Reactions: 23
I actually quite liked her newest vlog. It did feel like she's got some of her spark back.

Reactions: 12
I really think this is a new beginning for Jess – we can already see how she seems so much happier and is posting more often. Maybe this pregnancy is exactly what she needs to a) boost her online engagement back up and b) feel like she has something to document other than reading books and going for walks.

Reactions: 15
I’m really happy with her sudden surge in uploads! If this is how she plans to continue without the ADs, this is what we can enjoy

Reactions: 10
I really enjoyed the vlog too, she definitely seems happier! Their tree is gorgeous!

Reactions: 6
I think it’s unplanned too. She’s pretty young to be having a planned baby, especially in the upper middle class circle she’s in. I thought she’d follow the traditional route of house, dog, marriage then baby at around 30.
Jess doesn't seem to want to follow the upper middle class route. She appears to want to appear edgy and cool. The multiple piercings and excessive (and ghastly sorry) tattoos. That doesn't scream upper middle class. I was surprised that she's having a baby. I would have thought she would go down the traditional route, but she doesn't seem to be doing much with her life. She's not career driven or anything. Having a baby is giving her something to do.

This is going to sound so petty but does anyone else find Jess's voice really grating? I don't know if it's her microphone but I feel like I can hear EVERY sound in her mouth like her tongue and saliva :sick:

Jess doesn't seem to want to follow the upper middle class route. She appears to want to appear edgy and cool. The multiple piercings and excessive (and ghastly sorry) tattoos. That doesn't scream upper middle class. I was surprised that she's having a baby. I would have thought she would go down the traditional route, but she doesn't seem to be doing much with her life. She's not career driven or anything. Having a baby is giving her something to do.
She doesn’t appear driven by anything. She’s procrastinated on everything including her new house. The baby appears to have given her purpose.

Reactions: 8
i was just watching her latest vlog and she mentioned she was pregnant again and wow guys like. we really did that. we really guessed that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
i was just watching her latest vlog and she mentioned she was pregnant again and wow guys like. we really did that. we really guessed that 😂
Lol. Honestly though, would we have been able to guess without her major slip-up via Goodreads? Like, what were the other signs? She gained some weight and she mentioned feeling tired and sad. But like, I've gained weight and have been tired and sad lately too, cuz ya know 2020 😂. And I'm definitely not pregnant lol. The pumpkin was one of the biggest giveaways for me, but that was likely only because I was already suspecting it so I was looking for clues at that point. I'm not sure if I would have seen it coming without the book situation.

What do you all think?

Reactions: 9
I think she just wants a purpose, and studying clearly made her happy
Still catching up, but she is more likely to sprout wings and fly then study medicine, i doubt even with straight A's she be excepted. She could be s teacher but again, hard work even in a cushy private school.

She will have the kid, a ludicrous name will be bestowed and nannies will be hired but, probably on the DL. No way in hell she won't have a night nanny and, she will carry in her life of a female dandy. I would bet on whatshisface proposing to secure his financial security with jess, fond of her he may well be, but in love with lifestyle she offers he certainly is. Frankly he would be foolish not to, as presently his position is quite vulnerable. Realistically how much respect can you have for someone who does nothing all day and leeches of their parents? How many conversations about her day lying in bed / sofa and reading, going to PT, nails, hair, shopping freebies are possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Lol. Honestly though, would we have been able to guess without her major slip-up via Goodreads? Like, what were the other signs? She gained some weight and she mentioned feeling tired and sad. But like, I've gained weight and have been tired and sad lately too, cuz ya know 2020 😂. And I'm definitely not pregnant lol. The pumpkin was one of the biggest giveaways for me, but that was likely only because I was already suspecting it so I was looking for clues at that point. I'm not sure if I would have seen it coming without the book situation.

What do you all think?
What was about the pumpkin? Sorry, I am not up to date with everything.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.