Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d also like to add that the beginning of the influencer movement was sold to us (by the individuals themselves as well as the media) as them being like your big sister, a relatable friend, etc. Of course, it grew and that’s fine, but it’s inevitable that there will be some form of resentment when you grow up watching someone sold as relatable and your life carries on as ‘normal’ but their ‘job’ (which doesn’t seem to involve an awful lot at all) allows them to live a life of apparent luxury.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Jess is not your typical influencer because she would never have to work hard or work at all to have a nice luxurious life. She comes from a rich family. Period. This is how the world is, always has been. Some people are born into money & they will never have to work. It's unrealistic to compare ourselves to them. They just got lucky. She doesn't have to do jack tit to buy a house in London, and that doesn't have to do with her being an influencer. Her parents are rich. The main aspect I think people are upset with is that this kind of wealth gets flaunted on social media, but before social media people still flaunted it in other ways. It's no different. Whether you choose to compare your own life to the life of someone born with a golden spoon in their mouth is up to you.

Reactions: 12
I've noticed over the past few years that most of the most successful UK Youtubers come from privileged backgrounds before they started - and like, I mean, REALLY privileged backgrounds.

They live in rich houses in rich areas from parents who have money - and the same goes for Booktubers in general (look at the most popular booktubers - they're either from money or married into money).

Making money off Youtube and blowing up, in the UK at least, seems to be the right of the rich. They have nice houses to film in, money to afford hauls and the money to be aesthetically pleasing. It's just the upper-middle class system, but online.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
yeah defo these days you need a lot of money to put into it before you start earning from it. Sometimes you also need to be able to afford going without a job for some time while you work full time on your socials to try and turn it into a job.

I think back in the day it was a bit more organic.

Being an influencer is a bit of a vapid life. I am guessing Jess is fairly intelligent. So I can see how she wouldn't really enjoy being a full time influencer. I think her mental health would benefit from having a real job.

Reactions: 5
I've noticed over the past few years that most of the most successful UK Youtubers come from privileged backgrounds before they started - and like, I mean, REALLY privileged backgrounds.

They live in rich houses in rich areas from parents who have money - and the same goes for Booktubers in general (look at the most popular booktubers - they're either from money or married into money).

Making money off Youtube and blowing up, in the UK at least, seems to be the right of the rich. They have nice houses to film in, money to afford hauls and the money to be aesthetically pleasing. It's just the upper-middle class system, but online.
Well, there’s also people like for example Patricia Bright or Sammi Maria who definitely do not come from money. And Sam and Nic Chapman do not come from money either, they just did really well and were already older when starting out. And I wouldn’t say The Anna Edit comes from a super rich family either.

But yes, in the old days, to be able to do hauls, you have to at least have some of your own money (and time) to spend on things.

Reactions: 3
I think the big problem for influencers like Jess is (and a whole bunch of them really) when the regulations changed on showing what was gifted and what was sponsored it became disingenuous, the whole fakeness could be covered up, where as now, the pattern for Jess looks terrible, only doing what’s sponsored. Yes she vlogged etc but I do think she just doesn’t Know what to do when the brand doesn’t send her a brief. I do hope she is okay whatever is going on for her mentally I honestly think she should just change directions for now and focus on being a book tuber with some make up stuff thrown in! Then she doesn’t need to worry about making it so personal

Reactions: 6
Yet another IG stories ad and still no inkling to when her books video is coming.

Reactions: 1
does anyone know why she stopped rating the books she’s read on goodreads? to save the ratings for YouTube videos or...?

I can't remember exactly but it was some wishy washy answer, something along the lines of her feeling 'above' the goodreads rating and not agreeing with the 1-5 star system.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Everyone here might think 'wtf no one cares' but just in case someone does, the lilac Arket jumper Jess wears is back in stock. I've been waiting for ages for it to restock as I love it so much and I've just ordered one!

Reactions: 8
Everyone here might think 'wtf no one cares' but just in case someone does, the lilac Arket jumper Jess wears is back in stock. I've been waiting for ages for it to restock as I love it so much and I've just ordered one!
zara also sell a similar one which I’ve bought since the arket one was always out of stock!

Does anyone know the company who did her bookcase for her? The bookcase wall in her room

• Haha
Reactions: 2
OMG GUYS IT’S TRUE

I feel so strange seeing it in person after all the speculation!!! Oh my lord we were right

• Wow
Reactions: 15
haha it was literally posted a few seconds ago, i love that our first instinct was to post here

• Haha
Reactions: 8
wow some people here should really consider a career as detectives my god! I don't follow her on insta but as soon as I saw the title for the new video I knew she was finally gonna announce the pregnancy

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.