Sunbeamsjess #5 never consistent, always disappears, renovates a house for 4+ years

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't want to make excuses for Jessie since I do think the reno is taking an unbelievably long time, but the renovations/construction sector is still facing issues. The lead time on ordering materials is still long, labour shortage, etc. I suspect the contractor and the folks actually doing the work are working on different projects instead of Jessie's house while they either wait for materials or for Jessie to make some decisions (who remembers when she agonized over the bookshelf design). I think to doodlebug's point, iirc this contractor is the same one that did the farmhouse, so makes sense why they'd only want this contractor to do the work, but also means less availability to actually do the work.

Reactions: 4
She’s obsessing over paint colours and door handles instead of making sure important stuff gets done. Having weeks and months to think about small stuff because she has NOTHING going on in her life makes it seem like these things are important and “work”

just like reading. For her it’s a huge thing thst takes hard work but to me reading a book and looking at some paint samples is a nice night off

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Also I hope she knows that the house doesn't need to be 100% complete before moving in.....the small things can be finished as you go along and opinions and needs can change when you've lived there for a bit. I mean 4/5 years is SUCH a long time.... during this time I've renovated my flat twice because my taste has changed. Letting it drag on does her mental health no good.

Reactions: 4
I think Jess and Zak are indecisive and lazy which is the reason why their house takes this long. They have the money and time to burn.

Reactions: 3
I think Jess and Zak are indecisive and lazy which is the reason why their house takes this long. They have the money and time to burn.
Doesn’t look good on Zak tbh living in his mother in laws house instead of cracking on and finishing the house. It’s definitely liveable just the kitchen needs to be installed which has already been delivered as far as I know?

Reactions: 1