Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ls240898

VIP Member
There’s no way Shiv takes over the US operations for Waystar/GoJo. Definitely Tom! Kieran was good but I feel a little baited by the trailer? The riots looked intense when extras posted pics but we hardly saw it here

Reactions: 1

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
Apparently Stewy was at the wake, not sure about the service, wearing a purple three piece suit, need to re-watch.

I am not convinced that Matsson gets his own way after watching the trailer, but then we know the lengths Jesse goes to to ensure no spoilers so maybe a red herring.

Roman at the mausoleum behaved just like my son did at my Gran’s funeral, he couldn’t cope and went and sat in the funeral car too after sobbing all the way thro, he was 8 tho!

• Heart

Lilliepad

VIP Member
I started watching the following -

• The Sopranos (started rewatching it because my husband hasn't watched it)
  • Smallville (same reason)
  • The West Wing (same reason)
  • Everybody Hates Chris
  • The Outlaws by Stephen Merchant
If you really enjoyed Succession, I'd recommend the following -

• Six Feet Under
  • Billions (I tried watching it but it's not nicely written as Succession)
  • Yellowstone (Americans call it the yee-haw or cowboy version of Succession)
  • Bloodline
  • The Thick of It (written by Jesse Armstrong)
  • Empire (Black version of Succession but the writing is sloppy)
  • The Beautiful Lie (it has Sarah Snook)
  • The Loudest Voice (based on Fox News, trigger warning, it can be very unsettling in some scenes)
  • Newsroom
Empire is terrible, I’d recommend everyone swerve that one 🫣

Silverback

VIP Member
I feel like it will end totally unresolved, leaving us with more questions than answers
Which will be frustrating. Not that I want everything wrapped up in a neat bow, but when you’re invested in characters it’s annoying to have it end with no clue of any outcomes. The Sopranos ending was like that; people still puzzle over whether Tony was killed at the end or not, and having invested the time in watching 6 seasons it was irritating. I think the Mad men ending got the pitch about right.

ph8585

I’ve started watching Mr. Inbetween on Disney+ and am on S4 of Outlander which is a casual watch, a good comfort show. Neither are really like Succession but I’m enjoying them both, especially Mr. Inbetween - it’s giving Breaking Bad which is my favourite tv series of all time.
Mr Inbetween really is fantastic. Fairly short episodes too for those that find those easier to binge.

• Heart

Al Fresco

VIP Member
Perhaps Menkin will see Greg as a compliant, dopey puppet and he’ll push him into the CEO job. He’s always had a way of intentionally or accidentally discovering secrets.

There was a bit in it where I wasn’t sure what was being implied. When Roman left the interment and Shiv looked worried and puzzled and suddenly went asked Frank and Karl “how bad was dad”?

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Maybe Mattson was referring to Sandi when he mentioned a US CEO. I always thought it was weird how her dad suddenly had the stroke and she pops up at important moments. Either Sandi or Stewy is plausible to me. More plausible than Tom anyway, cos he's an idiot.

Ablemabel

VIP Member
Snog Roman - he’s a dick but my crush on Kieran Culkin is too much to deny

Marry Karl - he’s got a great sense of humour and I want to go to his new island!

Avoid Tom - he gives me the biggest ick
I'm absolutely with you on this one but I'd like to add Mattson to the snog list just because.

Girls:

Snog - Naomi
Marry - Karolina
avoid - Shiv

Smca53

VIP Member
I hope Kieran walks it now.
This 👆 honestly it makes me happy how well Kieran is doing 😭 does anyone follow his wife Jazz on insta? They seem so normal (despite the family he comes from/the wealth etc)

On a separate note, I really fancied going to see Sarah in Dorian Gray in London. But the ticket prices are 😵💫 I don’t think I can justify it on top of flights and hotel

grace28

Chatty Member
I did too.

I keep wondering will something akin to Robert Maxwell come out of the woodwork. Everyone talks about the Murdoch connection but Maxwell was equally nuts and the financial crap that went on there shocking.
I’ve always thought that there we’re definitely more parallels with Robert Maxwell then Murdoch in a lot of the scenes. I hadn’t thought of that as a twist but it works.

I read a bio on Maxwell last year and the way he treated his sons in particular is similar to Kendall and Roman in many ways. it’s definitely worth a read.

chocolatepeaches

Chatty Member
Snog Kerry
Marry Gerri
Avoid Shiv (duh!)

From the guys -

Snog Kendall
Marry Tom (30 orgasms in one day would be ecstasy!)
Avoid Logan/Roman/Mattson