Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah, thanks for the explanation. I knew she'd said something years ago about not supporting Corbyn because he was an anti-semite, but I didn't look any more into it because I couldn't care less about any religion.

Just had a look at her twitter. Yikes. Utterly unhinged to be tweeting it was an Islamic terrorist attack when photos showing it was just some white guy were out there within literally 2 or 3 hours. No apology either, just deleted it. Especially disgusting considering the security guard who died trying to stop him was a Muslim.

Ugh, Pasha, why did you marry a nutcase? 😬
I always liked Pasha, but now I side eye the hell out of him since he hooked up with that racist witch.
Unfortunately he could have married her because he agrees with her disgusting views and he’s as much of a nutcase as she is. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Someone on Digital Spy has clocked that the strictlylivetour account never did cast announcements for Nancy, Jowita and Michelle? I didn't realise, but assume it's just that they forgot and now tour has started it seems pointless? Does seem a bit weird though...you'd think they'd announce Michelle given that she might be fairly unknown to a few fans. I very much doubt they'll drop Nancy and Jowita, given Nancy's had 2 semi final finishes out of 3 series and Jowita's had 1 win out of 2 series. It is weird they didn't do a cast announcement though...

Jowita is surely coming back - she won less than 2 years ago with Hamza, is still reasonably new, fits a casting niche as the shortest pro and has so far done really well.

Nancy for me is easily droppable though - I give her one more shot before I group her in with Dianne & Karen. She only made the semi-final twice because they gave her really good dancers in Rhys & Will, not because of anything she did. Then there was Les, obviously nobody could get anything out of him, but she's not yet really proven herself as a teacher/choreographer, I'd rather see her with someone who isn't as dire as Les, but is starting out from scratch. Even at Christmas, she got ex-stage schooler Jamie Borthwick.

Reactions: 1
Zero chance that Jowita gets dropped. That insta account is just quite tit and random, I think.

Krishnan is at Johannes' show tonight to see him and Annabel. He's such a good supporter of everyone [except FR]

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Someone on Digital Spy has clocked that the strictlylivetour account never did cast announcements for Nancy, Jowita and Michelle? I didn't realise, but assume it's just that they forgot and now tour has started it seems pointless? Does seem a bit weird though...you'd think they'd announce Michelle given that she might be fairly unknown to a few fans. I very much doubt they'll drop Nancy and Jowita, given Nancy's had 2 semi final finishes out of 3 series and Jowita's had 1 win out of 2 series. It is weird they didn't do a cast announcement though...
Do the BBC actually have anything to do with the pro tour, beyond licensing their intellectual property for use?
I don’t think there’s any direct connection to the main show. The tours are just an off-shoot that operate ‘in association’ with the BBC (i.e. pay for the right to use the branding & other content such as choreography) but are operated by a separate production company. So I can’t imagine that anything they put out on social media has any meaning in terms of BBC contracts.

Reactions: 4
Do the BBC actually have anything to do with the pro tour, beyond licensing their intellectual property for use?
I don’t think there’s any direct connection to the main show. The tours are just an off-shoot that operate ‘in association’ with the BBC (i.e. pay for the right to use the branding & other content such as choreography) but are operated by a separate production company. So I can’t imagine that anything they put out on social media has any meaning in terms of BBC contracts.
I think it's more likely that whoever runs the Strictly Live insta page forgot to schedule the last three posts before opening night and hoped no one would notice

Reactions: 4
I think it's more likely that whoever runs the Strictly Live insta page forgot to schedule the last three posts before opening night and hoped no one would notice
Most probably. But whatever the reason, it’s got nothing whatsoever to do with the BBC or their contract negotiations as they don’t run the tours. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Zero chance that Jowita gets dropped. That insta account is just quite tit and random, I think.

Krishnan is at Johannes' show tonight to see him and Annabel. He's such a good supporter of everyone [except FR]
And his political interviews on Channel 4 news are chef’s kiss 😘